• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH Lobbyist [Clegg] who funded anti-gun Speaker Shurtleff running for Executive Council, (Wheeler overwhelmingly wins by 25%, 63 to 38)

The Lobbyist [Clegg] who funded the likes of Speaker Steve 'Take your guns away' Shurtleff (2019 donations) is now campaigning to be on the NH Executive Council. The NH Executive Council is the group that approves judges, including the New Hampshire Supreme Court as well as high level department nominations. [Do you want to reduce the wait time, on hand gun purchases? Make sure that the DOS commissioner is doing his job. We did not have these wait times when Dave Wheeler was in office]

The lobbying firm Legislative Solutions is registered to Bob Clegg at his home address, and although Clegg claims to be good on firearms, his actions prove otherwise. He also supported SB244 (search for SB244 and look at all of the threads on that bill from several years ago. For example: NH Alert! The DoS Has Changed the P&R License Application Form!**UPDATE POST 406. He also supported HB696 before he opposed it.

Former Councilor Wheeler is also running to take back this seat, if you can about making sure that we don't put anti-gun activist judges on the courts, please get involved and help Wheeler defeat Clegg in the primary.

Just yesterday, the most pro-gun Governor in the Country (Gov. Sununu) also endorsed Wheeler over Clegg: See the statement below the photo.

If your gun rights matter, donate, take a day to knock on some doors, or make calls to help out Wheeler. Just yesterday I helped, along with 4 others send several thousand text messages in support of Wheeler using my laptop. We will be doing this again. PM if you want details on how to help

2019-07-71 legislative solutioins donations-screen shot.png

“Through four years as an Executive Councilor and two years as governor, I sat at the council table with Dave Wheeler," said Sununu. "I came to know Dave not just as a friend, but as a public servant whose word is his bond.
"No political grandstanding, no backroom deals, but a principled leader who treated everyone with respect and worked tirelessly for the citizens and communities he represented."
"New Hampshire needs Dave back on the council now more than ever, and I strongly urge the citizens of Executive Council District 5 to vote for Dave Wheeler.”

Last edited:
Links to Dave Wheeler's campaign website and FB pages.

The role/power of exec councilor is underestimated/discounted in NH

The Governor cannot make appointments of justices and other positions without their consent......so its a very effective way for the opposition to counter a governor in NH.......Sununu has been symied by dem control of the EC on a number of occasions and the courts here in NH are killing is.

Wheeler is the right choice in this elections.

Clegg has a long record of supporting stuff out of left field......he was a big pusher of the elder care red flag bills we've fought the last couple years for example......its no surprise that according to his own website a number of his client are in the elder care field......so he's doing what a lobbyist does..........IMHO the last thing we need is a Lobbyist on the executive council......

PGNH/Clegg also opposed a bill in recent years that would have held elected officials accountable/subject to fines for gross violations of RKBA for example when they violate state pre-emption

Pro-Gun NH, the most grossly mis-named organization in NH politics. They have sucked on every level since they split off from GO-NH in a tizzy and decided to "take their ball and go home." They have f***ed up every piece of legislation they touched, and even had to have one of their Directors withdraw legislation he sponsored because it was shown to be grossly anti-gun. Their response at the time: "Oops. That's not what we meant." They are children with no place at the adult table.

And now their mature response in a public forum: "The girls over at Northeast Shooters." Eat shit and die, you f***ing FUDDs.

I dunno - other than NHFC has any other NH 2ndA delivered much in the recent years? I only know what I read, so I’ll be quite willing to be dissuaded otherwise. I’m not fond of in-fighting. The opposition only gains from our quarrels... We count on that for the Democrats, but it doesn’t serve us well.

Pro-Gun NH, the most grossly mis-named organization in NH politics. They have sucked on every level since they split off from GO-NH in a tizzy and decided to "take their ball and go home." They have f***ed up every piece of legislation they touched, and even had to have one of their Directors withdraw legislation he sponsored because it was shown to be grossly anti-gun. Their response at the time: "Oops. That's not what we meant." They are children with no place at the adult table.

And now their mature response in a public forum: "The girls over at Northeast Shooters." Eat shit and die, you f***ing FUDDs.
I called you "The girls..." you putz. Reading is fundamental.

I'm the one I called you "The girls..." you putz. Reading is fundamental.

And which bill was that?
The Lobbyist [Clegg] who funded the likes of Speaker Steve 'Take your guns away' Shurtleff (2019 donations) is now campaigning to be on the NH Executive Council. The NH Executive Council is the group that approves judges, including the New Hampshire Supreme Court as well as high level department nominations. [Do you want to reduce the wait time, on hand gun purchases? Make sure that the DOS commissioner is doing his job. We did not have these wait times when Dave Wheeler was in office]

The lobbying firm Legislative Solutions is registered to Bob Clegg at his home address, and although Clegg claims to be good on firearms, his actions prove otherwise. He also supported SB244 (search for SB244 and look at all of the threads on that bill from several years ago. For example: NH Alert! The DoS Has Changed the P&R License Application Form!**UPDATE POST 406. He also supported HB696 before he opposed it.

Former Councilor Wheeler is also running to take back this seat, if you can about making sure that we don't put anti-gun activist judges on the courts, please get involved and help Wheeler defeat Clegg in the primary.

Just yesterday, the most pro-gun Governor in the Country (Gov. Sununu) also endorsed Wheeler over Clegg: See the statement below the photo.

If your gun rights matter, donate, take a day to knock on some doors, or make calls to help out Wheeler. Just yesterday I helped, along with 4 others send several thousand text messages in support of Wheeler using my laptop. We will be doing this again. PM if you want details on how to help

View attachment 380570

“Through four years as an Executive Councilor and two years as governor, I sat at the council table with Dave Wheeler," said Sununu. "I came to know Dave not just as a friend, but as a public servant whose word is his bond.
"No political grandstanding, no backroom deals, but a principled leader who treated everyone with respect and worked tirelessly for the citizens and communities he represented."
"New Hampshire needs Dave back on the council now more than ever, and I strongly urge the citizens of Executive Council District 5 to vote for Dave Wheeler.”
The FIRM donated. So, that must make Dave Weeler Dealer responsible for the sleazy politicans smear attacks on Kevin Avard, Harold French, Eddie Edwards and Steve Negron.

Attachments

• Front of Avard mailer.jpg
    Front of Avard mailer.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 3
I'm the one I called you "The girls..." you putz. Reading is fundamental.
Yeah...this insult would have been more impactful if you hadn't f***ed up your basic understanding of how software works and posted it twice.

I don't know who TF you are (or actually give a shit, really), but Ed's screen cap was from the ProGun NH Facebook page, posted by them. So, how exactly is a post by them on their social media site NOT become a PGNH statement, even if they credit the original comment to someone else? Unless, of course, PGNH is trying to crab-walk away from a bad decision, as they are wont to do...

Last edited:
And which bill was that?

The FIRM donated. So, that must make Dave Weeler Dealer responsible for the sleazy politicans smear attacks on Kevin Avard, Harold French, Eddie Edwards and Steve Negron.

Yeah...this insult would have been more impactful if you hadn't f***ed up your basic understanding of how software works and posted it twice.

I don't know who TF you are (or actually give a shit, really), but Ed's screen cap was from the ProGun NH Facebook page, posted by them. So, how exactly is a post by them on their social media site NOT become a PGNH statement, even if they credit the original comment to someone else? Unless, of course, PGNH is trying to crab-walk away from a bad decision, as they are wont to do...
One only needs to takes its cues on being a weasely mouthed liar from NHFC and its acolytes, tough guy.

View attachment 380570

Gee, his word like lying to Kevin Avard's face telling him that NHFC was not going to send out a hit piece on him when, in fact, NHFC and Wheeler's secret basement print shop did it the very next day? You mean THAT word? THAT bond, JR?

One only needs to takes its cues on being a weasely mouthed liar from NHFC and its acolytes, tough guy.
Great. So you choose NOT to address the substance of the post, or your deliberate attempt to insulate "The Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight" from any responsibility for what they post.

I now know "who" you are. Thanks for showing us.

Let's not forget this is the same Robert Clegg who walked out of a meeting with Gov Sununu like a petulant child, as did our new "friend" here, Susan Olsen.

Kevin Landrigan's Granite Status: Gun fight at the 2nd Amendment Corral

Outgoing Executive Councilor Dave Wheeler, R-Milford, and Alan Rice, both leaders in the New Hampshire Firearms Coalition, were also invited. But when Wheeler walked into the room where he’s sat as a member of the Executive Council, Clegg stood up in protest.

Clegg has a long-running feud with the New Hampshire Firearms Coalition, contending they never accounted for how they spent a $3,000 donation he made a few years ago, and other personal disputes between the pair.

“I am not sitting if that guy is here,” Clegg said of Rice after the meeting.

According to Clegg, the governor said he could leave if he didn’t want to remain, so he did.

“The governor said it’s time for people to change the leadership in the 2-A community. I don’t have to be president of Pro Gun NH, but I’m not going anywhere,” Clegg said.

In solidarity, Olsen followed Clegg and they both left, as did Morin.

f*** Clegg and Petulant Gunowners of NH (PGNH)

Your basic understanding of abbreviations and acronyms makes you less than impactful...

The role/power of exec councilor is underestimated/discounted in NH

The Governor cannot make appointments of justices and other positions without their consent......
Over the last few months I've seen many examples of the Governor doing WTF-ever he wants, without any legal or constitutional authority.

Holy shit.

I go away from NH for 20 years and come back to a confusing shit show of douche-bag demagoguery!!!

What the f*** is all the spite, pissing and moaning about? Yikes!

I thought Illinois was bad....

The role of EC is critical to making sure that we have good judges which will directly impact all gun related case over a number of years. The gun owners have a clear choice. A lobbyist who has supported gun control bills for his client or someone who donates time to protect the rights of the gun owners.

@design here you refer to Sununu as the most pro gun governor in the country. https://www.nhfc-ontarget.org/2020/08/uncategorized/hb687-veto-message-thank-you-governor-sununu/
However, you are actively campaigning against him via 2020 Endorsed Candidates - ReopenNH
WTF? Your message is a bit mixed.

(I'll be supporting Sununu as well as Wheeler)

Sununu has done a great job at protecting the rights of gun owners. This includes his nominations to various judicial positions as well as dept nominations. Dr. Chan was in his post a long time before Sununu became governor and it is really hard to oppose the recommendations of your state epidemiologist and win a re-election. With that said, our Governor has gone too far on the shut downs. Regarding firearms, both Testerman and Sununu would be [will be] great for the gun owners. Because of his exteremly high popularity, Sununu likely has a better chance in the general election.

PS. As a important point, this authority should never be with just one person, which is why the Constitution made this a legislative function. If the Lobbyist in question had not filed HB1461 in 2002, the bill that gave the governor all of these powers, we would not be in this mess....

The FIRM donated...

The 'firm' in question is an LLC, AND is registered to Robert Clegg at his home address and he is one of the two managers listed: Typically, this means one has a significant ownership in the firm, enough to be able to direct donations or stop donations...

Registered Agent Information
Name:​
Clegg, Robert E, Jr​
Registered Office Address:​
39 Trigate Road, Hudson, NH, 03051, USA​
Registered Mailing Address:​
39 Trigate Road, Hudson, NH, 03051, USA​

Principals Information​
Name/TitleBusiness Address
Debra J. Vanderbeek / Manager7 Holbrook Road, Bedford, NH, 03110, USA
Robert E. Clegg / MemberP.O. Box 10724, Bedford, NH, 03110, USA

PS. Welcome back to the forum. Did you NOT find a 'SouthwestShooters' to join after moving to Texas?

Sounds like a battle of persons in NH. Hope all your silencers are safe for years guys.

Back
Top Bottom