NH "Katrina" bill.

Hi all. I'm new to this site but thought I'd chime in with a little info I noticed.

Havn't been following it all that closely but looking over the "Legislation to watch" section of the Gun owners of New Hampshire web site I noted a couple of "Katrina" bills in process to prohibit the state from confiscating firearms during a state of emergency (as happend in N.O.). Looking at the dockets it appears that HB1639-FN died in committee.

However, it appears that SB348 (while having less teeth than HB1639-FN) not only survived committee but just passed the Senate. SB348 "clarifies that the state may not take possession of firearms, ammunition, and ammunition components in a declared state of emergency".

After watching the mayhem in N.O. after Katrina I'd honestly feel more comfortable knowing the state's official position opposed confiscating our firearms if by chance all heck ever does break loose (regardless of how likely/unlikely that may be).

I assume it still has to pass the house but I consider the fact that this bill has made it this far to be good news and a sign that good and prudent government is still alive in New Hampshire.

Back
Top Bottom