• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH: Jack Flanagan to consider a run against Kuster.

He's my state rep. I've seen him around town and talked to him on occasion about political topics. 2A was one. He's very strong on 2A. If I remember correctly, he is for constitutional carry (for example). I think he would be a very good replacement for Kuster.

He's my state rep. I've seen him around town and talked to him on occasion about political topics. 2A was one. He's very strong on 2A. If I remember correctly, he is for constitutional carry (for example). I think he would be a very good replacement for Kuster.

very nice.

If he's Pro-2A, great! Time to make it "Kuster's Last Stand".

We have to get rid of Hassan too, anyone announce a run against her yet ???
Hassan is running against Ayotte... Rubens has announced he will attempt to primary Ayotte out. Hemingway is rumored to be in the mix. Hemingway would likely be backed by Trump / Trump supporters which is disappointing imo.

There are a few GOP people looking at Governor. Frank Edelblut looks like he might be a good fit. I don't know much about Jon Lavoie, Chris Sununu is the other.

Looks like he was against repealing P&R license the first two times, but then changed his mind. Glad you found the Votesmart link - I found Ballotpedia, and he was rated "incomplete".

Flanagan had a lower rating by the NRA as well. He's in tight with Jasper who is clearly a RINO, and his scores per the NHLA and the RLCNH show the same on non gun related issues. He's not great on Liberty, but he's not as bad as Kuster.

Rep. Flanagan filed the following: I'm not so sure I want to define all firearms as weapons of mass destruction. He was told to withdraw the bill and choose not to. Self defense could end up being a crime with a penalty of capitol punishment... No thanks.

HB 1552-FN - AS INTRODUCED
2016 SESSION

16-2075

04/03
HOUSE BILL 1552-FN

AN ACT extending the penalty of death to acts of terrorism and civil rights offenses.
SPONSORS: Rep. Flanagan, Hills. 26

COMMITTEE: Criminal Justice and Public Safety

ANALYSIS

This bill adds the act of causing death by the use of a weapon of mass destruction and the act of causing the death of a person exercising certain civil acts to the capital murder statute.

STATE OF NEW HAMPSHIRE
In the Year of Our Lord Two Thousand Sixteen

AN ACT extending the penalty of death to acts of terrorism and civil rights offenses.

Be it Enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives in General Court convened:

1 Capital Murder; Weapons of Mass Destruction; Exercise of Civil Rights. Amend RSA 630:1, I(f)-(g) to read as follows:

(f) Another before, after, while engaged in the commission of, or while attempting to commit an offense punishable under RSA 318-B:26, I(a) or (b); [or]

(g) Another[,] who is licensed or privileged to be within an occupied structure, or separately secured or occupied section thereof, before, after, or while in the commission of, or while attempting to commit, burglary as defined in RSA 635:1;

(h) Another by the use of a weapon of mass destruction resulting in death to more than one person. The term "weapon of mass destruction" shall mean:

(1) Any explosive, incendiary, or poison gas bomb, grenade, rocket having a propellant charge of more than 4 ounces, missile having an explosive or incendiary charge of more than 1/4 ounce, mine, or device similar to any of the devices described in this subparagraph;

(2) Any weapon that is designed or intended to cause death or serious bodily injury through the release or dissemination of toxic or poisonous chemicals, or their precursors;

(3) Any weapon involving a biological agent, meaning any microorganism, including but not limited to, bacteria, viruses, fungi, rickettsiae, or protozoa, or infectious substance, or any naturally occurring, bioengineered, or synthesized component of any such microorganism or infectious substance, capable of causing:

(A) Death, disease, or other biological malfunction in a human, an animal, a plant, or another living organism;

(B) Deterioration of food, water, equipment, supplies, or material of any kind; or

(C) Deleterious alteration of the environment;

(4) Any weapon containing toxic material or product of plants, animals, microorganisms, including, but not limited to, bacteria, viruses, fungi, rickettsiae, or protozoa, or infectious substances, or a recombinant or synthesized molecule, whatever their origin and method of production, and includes:

(A) Any poisonous substance or biological product that may be engineered as a result of biotechnology produced by a living organism; or

(B) Any poisonous isomer or biological product, homolog, or derivative of such a substance;

(5) Any weapon that is designed to release radiation or radioactivity at a level dangerous to human life; or

(i) Another who is freely exercising or enjoying any right or privilege under the New Hampshire constitution including but not limited to:

(1) Voting or qualifying to vote, qualifying, or campaigning as a candidate for elective office, or qualifying to acting as a poll watcher, or any legally authorized election official, in any primary, special, or general election;

(2) Serving or attending upon any court in connection with a legal action, as a grand or petit juror in any superior court; or

(3) Any person because of his or her race, color, religion, gender, sexual preference, or national origin and because he or she is or has:

(A) Enrolled in or attended any public school or public postsecondary institution; or

(B) Participated in or enjoyed any benefit, service, privilege, program, facility, or activity provided or administered by the state or any political subdivision thereof.

2 Effective Date. This act shall take effect 60 days after its passage.

LBAO
16-2075
11/25/15

HB 1552-FN- FISCAL NOTE

Back
Top Bottom