• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH: It coudn't happen here...

Today the NH House passed two more anti-gun bills. That is 4 just this year. We need people to get more involved. Commit to taking time off from work now. Share what is going on with your gun friends. Everyone can afford to take a 1/2 day of PTO to protect our rights.

Invite others to help in our fight.... Share alerts with friends. Call your state reps and let them know how you feel about their votes....

or sit back, enjoy the internet and hope that when the police knock on your door to collect them at 5am in the moring, you fair better then the guy in MD. To protect our rights WILL require work from all of the gun owners.

I know that some of you have taken time off from work several time to be at the state house : Thank you. We need more NES and other gun owners to do the same. WMUR story on HB564  April 4th 2019.JPG

Maryland’s ‘Red Flag’ Law Turns Deadly: Officer Kills Man Who Refused To Turn In Gun

Link to full WMUR article: NH House sends school zone firearms ban to state Senate

No, they passed *again* two bills they'd already passed.

In NH, bills that affect more than one area of the law get referred to second committees, get new amendments and committee recommendations, then get voted on again. Both HB564 and HB696 passed on 2/27, and passed again today.

Now they'll go to the Senate. If they pass there without amendment, they'll go to the governor, who will veto them, and they don't have enough votes to override.

Taking PTO isn’t what is going to win the fight these days.

If you have no social media presence you’ve already lost. And I don’t mean a personal twitter account.

New Hampshire is a lost cause.

Not sure why y’all don’t see that.....

Not sure if serious, I've been watching the political situation WRT guns in NH for over 15 years now and I don't think anything is a "done deal". Not even with a democrat house, etc. If any state can resist this bullshit
it would be NH, with Maine being 2nd. Especially given the short legislative season and other impingement on gov "spending time at the genitals. "

The key thing in NH though, like in other areas, is all this ERPO bullshit. People need to make sure if ERPO gets through, that it gets neutered very heavily along the way. (EG, for example, poison pill it by requiring a jury trial for an ERPO order to take effect. ) If they can pull that off that will be a win.

-Mike

Oh now you've done it teaser. LOL. Be prepared for the Hamster S-storm. [rofl]

As far as these bills, this is what politicians do. They attempt to pass laws that can't be passed. They do so for 2 reasons:

1. It might actually pass - or at least this attempt gets them closer to really passing it

AND (the more likely/important reason)

2. Politicians are hired (voted in) to do a job. IF they don't attempt to pass a law, they somehow aren't doing their jobs. It is just the nature of the game for them to at the very least spin their wheels in order to look like they are doing something. Hard to get re-elected on "Well, everything is dandy but these 2 things, and we fixed them" campaign. If you don't have another tragic boogeyman to slay, you won't get re-elected.

Oh now you've done it teaser. LOL. Be prepared for the Hamster S-storm. [rofl]

As far as these bills, this is what politicians do. They attempt to pass laws that can't be passed. They do so for 2 reasons:

1. It might actually pass - or at least this attempt gets them closer to really passing it

AND (the more likely/important reason)

2. Politicians are hired (voted in) to do a job. IF they don't attempt to pass a law, they somehow aren't doing their jobs. It is just the nature of the game for them to at the very least spin their wheels in order to look like they are doing something. Hard to get re-elected on "Well, everything is dandy but these 2 things, and we fixed them" campaign. If you don't have another tragic boogeyman to slay, you won't get re-elected.

You bring up an excellent point and it is really a political culture thing.

Centuries ago, legislating was a part time gig.

Now, it’s like if they aren’t coming up with new idiotic ideas, they feel like they aren’t doing their jobs.

So, as you point out, we’re progressing with progressives.

Which isn’t progress at all.

I’d like the elected officials to stop doing anything and roll back what previous politicians did. But that’s just me and I’m an oppressed minority that nobody cares about.

Politicians gotta stay busy busy busy. It’s like jobs I had as a teenager. Look busy or else the boss will give you something to do.

On behalf of All Gun-Owning Massachusetts Residents; "We feel your pain..."

I know. There should be some kind of test given to U-Haul Drivers at the border...

"Pick out the AK47 on this table..."
iu

Trick Question. You lose. Go back to Cambridge...

Unfortunately it's all the Ma**h*** liberals moving to NH that isn't helping the matter up there.

I hear this all the time.....

This is what I don't get....why would Mass hole liberals move to NH???.....They are in their utopia in MA.....so why? What drives them to a state with open constitutional carry, Real Republicans, many fewer public union hacks, freedom, and lower big government?

Is it trying to make a red state blue? What is it....I mean I'm conservative, if I moved to NH, the last thing I'd want to do is make it like MA. I'd fight like heck to keep it red, because I came from a retardo nightmare. Really.... WTF.

MA conservatives move to NH to get freedom...totally understand that theory.

I'd love to see the demographics of all these MA people moving to NH to make it blue. I would think it would be the other way around.

Or is it just older conservatives dying off, moving out of the Northeast, and progressive a**h***s staying here or moving in like ticks on a dog.

Last edited:
Not sure if serious, I've been watching the political situation WRT guns in NH for over 15 years now and I don't think anything is a "done deal". Not even with a democrat house, etc. If any state can resist this bullshit
it would be NH, with Maine being 2nd. Especially given the short legislative season and other impingement on gov "spending time at the genitals. "

The key thing in NH though, like in other areas, is all this ERPO bullshit. People need to make sure if ERPO gets through, that it gets neutered very heavily along the way. (EG, for example, poison pill it by requiring a jury trial for an ERPO order to take effect. ) If they can pull that off that will be a win.

-Mike

Sorry but thanks to Cumbie trying to be a Mini Boston and SF all in one, Maine isn't second anymore in numbers.

Outside of Cumbie the hate for revenuers will be epic.

I imaging most of NH is that way geographically too.

It's not the geography which is setting laws via the entertainment industry cum politics.

This is what I don't get....why would Mass hole liberals move to NH???.....They are in their utopia in MA.....so why? What drives them to a state with open constitutional carry, Real Republicans, many fewer public union hacks, freedom, and lower big government?

Is it trying to make a red state blue? What is it....I mean I'm conservative, if I moved to NH, the last thing I'd want to do is make it like MA. I'd fight like heck to keep it red, because I came from a retardo nightmare. Really.... WTF.

I'd love to see the demographics of all these MA people moving to NH to make it blue. I would think it would be the other way around.

Or is it just older conservatives dying off, moving out of the Northeast, and progressive a**h***s staying here or moving in like ticks on a dog.

I'd have to think it's taxes that drive Ma**h***s up into NH. While I agree with you you hear more and more about how boarder towns in NH are overrun with Ma**h***s and they've started to take over a number of the southern cities. A few years ago I'd have bet that you'd never hear about anti gun bills being passed through NH's congress. Now, it's a reality. Hope real NH people wake up and take back control in 2020.

See now, this is why I never chose to move out of Mass.
I, and my vote, are needed here. (even if it is a waste...)
And here I will make my Stand... and Fight.
~Enbloc

Last edited:
I'd have to think it's taxes that drive Ma**h***s up into NH. While I agree with you you hear more and more about how boarder towns in NH are overrun with Ma**h***s and they've started to take over a number of the southern cities. A few years ago I'd have bet that you'd never hear about anti gun bills being passed through NH's congress. Now, it's a reality. Hope real NH people wake up and take back control in 2020.

This has been covered in other threads before, fake news. The Moonbat problem in NH is organic, most of the MA move ins aren't moonbats, or at least not the lions
share. Look at a political map of NH and the light will go on...

NH has a moonbat blow in problem with federal voting, but that's a whole other issue entirely. Then again it would also not surprise me if the same kind of tactics are used with fraud to f*** up some local NH elections as well... after all, the dispatched blow in, not-really-resident voters, can vote for any moonbat they please on the ticket once allowed into the polls... The level of fraud going on up there at the polls is, quite simply mind numbing. A law was birthed to change some of that stuff but I don't know how effective it will be. NH has a problem in the sense that its political importance nationally has made it a huge target for voter fraud by outside influences.

This also makes me begin wonder if anyone has tied a loose correlation between elections for major fed positions (eg, senators) and adjacent influence on local elections, etc. It would also explain, at least in part, why power control of NH house has a long, loping like pendulum cycle depending on the timing of said elections...

-Mike

Last edited:
What Mike said above, and also we did have this sort of thing go down just 10 years back, after which we got the largest R sweep of the statehouse in ages. We'll see. There's definitely more of a "there owter be a law, pass more bills" mindset now for sure, and the national party money coming in to finance US Senate races definitely trickles down to the local elections.

They are moving from a restrictive gun state with lots of murders to a free state with lax gun laws to be safe..

This has been covered in other threads before, fake news. The Moonbat problem in NH is organic, most of the MA move ins aren't moonbats, or at least not the lions
share. Look at a political map of NH and the light will go on...

Well, no. It isn't organic, but nor is it Ma**h***s. It's imports from NY, NJ, MD, ... The extent to which it's "organic" is largely the extent to which those "from away" folk have settled and bred another generation or two.

NH has a moonbat blow in problem with federal voting, but that's a whole other issue entirely. Then again it would also not surprise me if the same kind of tactics are used with fraud to f*** up some local NH elections as well... after all, the dispatched blow in, not-really-resident voters, can vote for any moonbat they please on the ticket once allowed into the polls... The level of fraud going on up there at the polls is, quite simply mind numbing. A law was birthed to change some of that stuff but I don't know how effective it will be. NH has a problem in the sense that its political importance nationally has made it a huge target for voter fraud by outside influences.

Donk fraud is a nationwide problem, and has been since the Christ was a corporal (or at least since the Donk party existed). It's an especial problem in New Hampshire due to lax voter laws enacted before anyone thought such things would ever be a problem.

Back
Top Bottom