• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH House passes bill requiring seat belts

http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=House+passes+bill+requiring+seat+belts&articleId=cd964475-f443-44d4-b99c-e14792f6f8c2

etc-frog-boiling.jpg

CONCORD – The New Hampshire House today passed a mandatory seat belt bill, requiring anyone in a moving car to be belted.

The bill passed by a vote of 153-140. It would allow a police officer to stop and ticket anyone for driving without a seat belt. The offense carries a $50 fine for a first offense, $100 for a second offense.

New Hampshire is the last in the country without a law requiring all adults to wear a seat belt. It also has the lowest rate of adult seat belt use in the nation, at 64 percent. It already requires the use of car seats for children and use of seat belts by anyone up to age 18.

The bill had the support of health officials, medical professionals, police chiefs and the state’s Department of Safety.

Advocatesd today said the bill would put common sense into the law. Opponents said it was an example of big government overreaching to force people to protect themselves

For full details, see UnionLeader.com and the New Hampshire Union Leader

At least they didn't pass the smoking ban...
They can still stop it at the senate I guess but it doesn't really mean much. The trend seems to be clear.

Last edited:
This blows.. . NH had the only seat belt law that I agreed with...

-Mike

NH needs to test applicants before allowing them residency.....kick the nanny staers out!

My state is rapidly going down the sh*tter! Since I always have used a seat belt, the new law is inconsequential to me. However the F'n dems are pulling the same crap as in the other states that they have completely ruined! Did you know that they also just passed a freaken homosexual "civil union" bill?
This is going to sound horrible but I place the blame squarely on the shoulders of that arrogant president of ours. I firmly feel that his "do it or else" policies lost the last election and we are paying for it. Today he still can't fathom what he has done and feel that he just doesn't give a crap. I hope he stays the hell away from the next election and doesn't campaign or openly support ANY of the prospective candidates.
Bye bye NH!

Even though a seatbelt saved my life 2 weeks ago, I am still against the State telling me I have to wear it.

As a previous poster noted, it is legalized Federal extortion. No seatbelt law, no Fed money.

Sorry guys

I know those of you who moved there thought you were escaping and I really don't mean this in a mean way, but remember the line:

"It's a fool's paradise Mrs Buehler.."

More moonbats than normal people have moved there to take advantage of the real estate buys

This is going to sound horrible but I place the blame squarely on the shoulders of that arrogant president of ours. I firmly feel that his "do it or else" policies lost the last election and we are paying for it. Today he still can't fathom what he has done and feel that he just doesn't give a crap. I hope he stays the hell away from the next election and doesn't campaign or openly support ANY of the prospective candidates
+1 The Bush legacy will be the fact that he personally handed the Democrats both houses and the White House. [angry] [angry]

It still has to pass the senate and it can be repealed.The last election was not won on the moonbat vote, it was won by independents reacting angrily to the situation in Iraq. It was a repudiation of George W. Bush not an embracing of the moonbat agenda.

Wait and see what happens in 2008 before you give the moonbats victory.

I agree, and I agree with the post above on Bush II's legacy being handing over control of not only the US Congress but also many state houses to the Democraps. The problem is, a lot of the time the only alternative to the "status quo" was a moonbat, like those left-wing losers Hodes and Shea-Porter.

We definitely have to work harder in 2008 and stop this slide.

NH is just a suburb of Boston now. MA should just annex it and change the laws accordingly. Maybe that will put a stop to the cheapskates moving there as a tax dodge.

;)

Back
Top Bottom