NH HB687 Red Flag Gun Confiscation hearing scheduled 6/24/20

Note from NHFC:

The other day, I wrote a long email about the status of HB1660 and the other red flag bills. Please read that alert below.

Today I am writing a quick note to let you know that HB687 will be delivered to the Governor tomorrow Wednesday 8/5/2020. I heard first hand from the Secretary of State's office that they have the bill and will deliver HB687 to the Governor tomorrow. Please call Governor Sununu and ask for a veto of this final Red Flag Gun Confiscation bill and thank him for standing up and vetoing HB1660 last week. The Governor will have 5 days to veto this bill starting tomorrow.

The direct phone for the Governor's office is 603-271-2121

For Liberty,

Email alert from Saturday night

By now, I am sure that you have heard the great news!
Tuesday afternoon, July 28th, Governor Sununu vetoed HB1660. The New Hampshire Constitution requires the legislature to vote on sustaining or overriding the veto when they get together in the fall. Given that there was 100% Republican opposition to the bill in both chambers – and in the House there were even a few Democrats that opposed the bill – the likelihood of a veto override is effectively zero, therefore, I think we can safely declare that HB1660 is dead!

This means that HB1660 and its companion bill, SB677 were both killed this session. If you recall, back in January and February, the New Hampshire Firearms Coalition and Gun Owners of America led the efforts to stop these two bills. When others said we would lose, we never gave up. Both groups poured a huge amount of time and energy into this effort.

Why these two bills, you ask… Well, in December the NHFC board realized that the two most likely bills that could pass this year were the companion bills on “eldercare”. There was a great push in the media last fall to make this a ‘critical’ piece of 2020 legislation. The AARP pushed hard to pass this type of legislation. Both of these bills were back door gun control and gun confiscation measures. Both of these bills came straight out of the Bloomberg play book.

SB677 was a mainly Republican sponsored bill that was almost a clone of HB1660. Our board boldly highlighted these bills’ flaws, even when others said these bills were “unstoppable”. In January and February we focused all of our efforts on stopping SB677. The effort worked.

Our motto “New Hampshire’s only NO-COMPROMISE gun rights organization” holds true. We also: Never, Ever give up!!!

During the winter, NHFC spent a lot for postage to alert gun-owners in certain senators’ district as to the dangers posed by SB6777 and HB1660. We spent wisely! In March, the Senate sent B677 to interim study effectively killing that bill. As a result, we were able to focus on stopping HB1660. On Tuesday Governor Sununu stood up and again kept his promise to protect the rights of the law-abiding gun- owners. We have just one more bill to kill this year. HB687 will be on his desk soon. We cannot let up. As discussed in prior alerts, this bill is also out of the Bloomberg “Gun Control” playbook.

If HB687 is killed, every anti-gun bill that NHFC worked to stop will have been killed. This is the direct result of your devotion of time and effort!

We must thank Governor Chris Sununu for his outstanding moral courage by vetoing a bill that the Democrats tried to ram down New Hampshire residents’ throats. His office number is 603-271-2121.

The fight is not over! The gun-banners will be back next year. We need your help more than ever.

Every other year, we mail our extensive candidate grade sheet that is based on either survey results or roll call votes or other public information to our list of statewide gun-owners. We’ll do the same this year. The tidal wave of anti-gun activity means a surge of incoming calls seeking updates. We have already sent out and received back surveys and we want to publish these results. Now we face higher printing and postage costs.

More gun owners contact us than we can afford to mail. We would love to increase the quantity of our primary and general election survey results that we mail, but we need the resources to do this.

Outside of our annual renewal letter, I do not often ask for money. The best thing you can do during the legislative season is to hit hard with phone calls and emails. The Bloomberg-funded “gun control” groups rabidly attack any candidate, who cares about protecting your civil right to be armed. We need to counter-attack, to expose the records of anti-gun zealots.

This is the time during the year where an extra gift or donation can go a long way. The board and I, all of whom are volunteers and receive no money for our efforts, plan our bi-annual survey mailing. We need to know how much we can afford to spend on postage next month. Isn’t safe-guarding your civil right to be armed worth a further $20 or $50? [Click here if you want to contribute] I want to expose the records of anti-gun legislators. I want to let gun-owners know who is friend and who is foe…., but I need your help. Every $20 donation allows us to mail an additional 40+ homes exposing the records of these gun banners.

As we plan for the legislative battles in 2021, I bring to your attention a huge surge in gun sales. Some of you have had to wait days to get approval to receive a handgun! In prior years, we have had a friend on the Executive Council, Former Counselor David Wheeler, who helped rein in delays by the Department of Safety. Unfortunately, the majority of the current Executive Council is made up of anti-gunners who are OK with the delays. Remember this when you purchase your next firearm.

At end-2017, Americans owned about 411 MILLION firearms (BATFE, Firearms Commerce in the United States, 2000 and 2019). By end-2020, Americans likely will own at least 430 MILLION firearms. There are about 280 million U.S. residents aged 19 or older. If every adult owned firearms, each would own “1.5” firearms. Plainly, many don’t own firearms. But it is safe to say that the number of firearms and firearm-owners is so large, that “gun control” is simply idiotic. Things so abundant and generally concealable cannot be controlled.

Those, who back “gun control” clearly can’t do simple math and therefore are unfit to even hold the office of dog catcher. Help the New Hampshire Firearms Coalition publish the surveys of candidates, whose inability to do math and disrespect for your civil right to be armed makes them a clear and present danger.

For Liberty ,

HB687 has been on Sununu's desk since Wed 8/5

If you're going to call/email/etc this is the time to do it......

According to the NH Constitution if he fails to take action it will become law on Tues 8/11 by my count

I received an automatic reply to my email (as expected).

Here's what I wrote in the email (if you're reading this, feel free to copy/paste below and email to [email protected]):

Subject: Veto HB687

I am writing to respectfully ask that you veto HB687 as an unconstitutional violation of due process protections guaranteed to all US citizens by the 5th and 14th Amendments of the US Constitution.

HB687:
  • eliminates due process protections
  • weaponizes the police as 'payback' for civil matters, such as divorces, with only misdemeanor penalties for false accusations
  • sanctions hearsay as ‘evidence’ in courtrooms
  • creates a ‘justice for the wealthy system’, as low and moderate income families will not afford legal representation to get their property back that was seized by police
  • mandates police to act on unsubstantiated information
Thank you for vetoing HB1660 last month and for vetoing the (nearly identical) HB696 last year. I respectfully ask that you veto HB687 as well.

Sincerely,

Vetoed

Pls call/write and thank the governor

Here;s readable link from NHFC

HB687-Veto-message-910x1024.png

NH speaker of the house Shitleff must be apoplectic...stroke out Steve.

That being said, we all know the donks will be back next session to try again.

Last edited:
Everyone, now you need to think about how to help win the 2020 elections. Find a candidate and offer to help them. Donate, hold signs, make calls, help raise money, or even go knock on doors.

Go find a local state rep or state senate candidate and help us remove the liberal progressive gun banners that have the majority in both chambers.

Everyone, now you need to think about how to help win the 2020 elections. Find a candidate and offer to help them. Donate, hold signs, make calls, help raise money, or even go knock on doors.
Go find a local state rep or state senate candidate and help us remove the liberal progressive gun banners that have the majority in both chambers.

Time to get active in social media. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram are the best ones to focus on. Support them with your own accounts and posts, and also help the candidates in forming their own accounts, and THEN support them from your own. Make sure if you have kids, friends, relatives, that they and all their followers get the message! This is the ONLY way to reach the younger generations.

RED flag bills, HB687 and HB1660 are dead!

Roll call votes will be posted by next week.

Another perfect year of the gun owners working together to stop 100% of the anti-gun bills!!! We did it.

One of our State Reps stopped by my house yesterday afternoon to tell me that news and to put his campaign sign in my front yard again (for the general election). I considered posting about the red flag bill victories, but I decided not to so you could have the pleasure!

[cheers]

ETA: Actually, I was just too lazy to find this thread. ;)

Last edited:
Roll calls posted 100% republican opposition and 3 democrats on HB1660 and 15 on HB687. Now I know why they were celebrating in the Freedom Section of the UNH arena with some beers. :)

Roll calls posted 100% republican opposition and 3 democrats on HB1660 and 15 on HB687. Now I know why they were celebrating in the Freedom Section of the UNH arena with some beers. :)
Have you watched the speaker's meltdown over the beer?

His voice was shaking, he was on the verge of tears, and he said that as a faithful Roman Catholic he feels more reverence for Representative's Hall than for St. Peter's Basilica. Funny, I've never seen him genuflect... maybe that's what the dozen Democrats were doing when they knelt during the Anthem.

Dude. Adults are allowed to have a beer with lunch... especially in a venue that SELLS BEER at hockey games.

There was no law nor House Rule violated here. If he knew the history of the Founders, he'd know they were drunk most all the time.

I personally love that they slugged a few brewskis as a way of spiking the football. If I were there, I would bought the first round.

No, but I would like too. do you know about what about what time this happened?
Doesn't look like it's online yet. It was around 2 p.m., since we finished business at 2:20~ish. Then the personal privilege/unanimous consent/lecturing of Republicans nonsense started.

Someone said that to watch streaming from The Whit, you had to provide an email address to a third party. I haven't confirmed that, but so much for the constitutional requirement that the doors to the House gallery never be closed to the public.

Just a quick bump.

Time to get active in social media. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram are the best ones to focus on. Support them with your own accounts and posts, and also help the candidates in forming their own accounts, and THEN support them from your own. Make sure if you have kids, friends, relatives, that they and all their followers get the message! This is the ONLY way to reach the younger generations.

Back
Top Bottom