NH HB687 Red Flag Gun Confiscation hearing scheduled 6/24/20

I think I can file this one under "been there, done that" 03/05/2019 at 10:00 AM

This is a hold over bill, so the docket still shows last years hearings.

I attneded the first scheduled hearings which was a bit disoraganzid. I plan on attening as many as I can . I don't want what happened in Virgina to happen in New Hampshire. If we attend in numbers and not just a few of us it will at the least let these fools know we are watching and DO NOT agree with these ridiculous proposed bills.

I attneded the first scheduled hearings which was a bit disoraganzid. I plan on attening as many as I can . I don't want what happened in Virgina to happen in New Hampshire. If we attend in numbers and not just a few of us it will at the least let these fools know we are watching and DO NOT agree with these ridiculous proposed bills.

Showing up is great, but we need to flip the legislature.

Registered opposed and speaking.

I wonder how the Dems plan to reconcile this with the whole "reform the police" business. This proposed law basically turns the (supposedly inherently biased) opinions of everyday people into potentially violent law enforcement action. Seems that's a step in the "old" direction.

Oh wait... they don't plan to reconcile anything. Making sense isn't a goal.

I wonder how the Dems plan to reconcile this with the whole "reform the police" business. This proposed law basically turns the (supposedly inherently biased) opinions of everyday people into potentially violent law enforcement action. Seems that's a step in the "old" direction.

Oh wait... they don't plan to reconcile anything. Making sense isn't a goal.

Oh, but I heard that it was common sense, a lot. Bunch of friggin dirt bags. All of them.

This subject actually came up during the hearing and exec session and the dems just pretended no one said anything about it

Despite the protestations/hand wringing of dems....this bill has nothing to do with preventing suicide, murder. etc in a state that had 265 suicides and ~12 murders with firearms in 2017 iirc

This bill is all about giving dems one more tool to punish their political opponents with

I heard that also. Like I said, the stupid was running strong at that hearing.

Dont feed the troll

We need to focus on solutions not unrelated/irrelevent nonsense

Its time for a "Red Pen" campaign.....I heard Sununu is running low on Red Pens again.....and could use a reminder that his entire caucus and a number of dems/libertarians voted AGAINST this bill and the optics him going against his own caucus and allowing this to become law wouldnt be pretty

Ah, come on, let me poke a stick at the troll. 😭

This subject actually came up during the hearing and exec session and the dems just pretended no one said anything about it

Despite the protestations/hand wringing of dems....this bill has nothing to do with preventing suicide, murder. etc in a state that had 265 suicides and ~12 murders with firearms in 2017 iirc

This bill is all about giving dems one more tool to punish their political opponents with
Sounds like the "reform the police" hook is one that perhaps might help our Governor pull out the red pen, then.

So call or write, but whatever will I do with all these red pens?

HB687 said:
II. “Family or household member” means:
(a) A spouse, ex-spouse, person cohabiting with another person, and a person who cohabited with another person in the preceding 24 months but who no longer shares the same residence.
(b) A parent or other person related by consanguinity or affinity, other than a minor child who resides with the respondent.
. . .
IV. “Intimate partner” means a person who is currently or who, in the preceding 24 months, has been involved in a romantic relationship with another, whether or not such relationship was ever sexually consummated.
V. “Law enforcement officer” means a sheriff or deputy sheriff of any county, a state police officer, a constable or police officer of any city or town, or a conservation officer.
VI. “Petitioner” means a law enforcement officer, family or household member, or intimate partner of the respondent who files a petition for an extreme risk protection order under this chapter.
Seems unreasonable that family/household requires some direct knowledge of the respondent, but Intimate partner is pretty much open-ended, and LEO can be any officer anywhere in the state?

Heads up: HB1660 was enrolled today and is on the way to the Governor's desk. Needs to be signed by Senate President and Speaker of the House, but we should expect 'Eldercare Gun Confiscation' to be on the Governor's desk very soon. Call him. 603-271-2121 and ask for a veto

Last edited:
Heads up: HB1660 was enrolled today and is on the way to the Governor's desk. Needs to be signed by Senate President and Speaker of the House, but we should expect 'Eldercare Gun Confiscation' to be on the Governor's desk very soon. Call him. 603-271-2121 and ask for a veto

Was great talking with you this morning. [rofl]

Confirmed, HB1660 is on Senate Presidents desk, next step is Speaker's desk and then the Governor. Time to start calling.

Last edited:
HB687 has been enrolled. This means the docket will not be updated on status until it hits the Governor's desk. It could arrive tomorrow or next week or even September. There is no way to know, unless you call the NH SOS.

According to twitter/social media.....NH Sen President gas signed HB 687 and forwarded it to Gov Sununu.....

Expect the Sec of State to drop it on Sununu's desk tomorrow if its not already there

Time to call/write/etc

Sununu's office 603-271-2121

Sununu gave the Commission on Law Enforcement Accountability, Transparency & Community another month to come up with its findings/recommendations.

Recommend one of those things should be to NOT allow a court to issue one-sided, defense-free secret warrants on the say-so of the very law enforcement we're allegedly scrutinizing for bias, abuse of power, and use of force where another approach could work. The whole concept is to try something other than "send the copsh!" and here we have a bill that lets someone's personal biased say-so, including every officer in the state, be the only thing needed to send a team to seize someone's weapons.

Veto HB687!

Back
Top Bottom