NH HB687 Red Flag Gun Confiscation hearing scheduled 6/24/20

A way to force them to “Honor your oath”? A Remonstrance on HB 687-FN (Extreme Protection Orders)
by Skip / 8 January 2020

This is Awesome!

If this bill is signed by the governor, right now our last line of defense, NH, my home state for 63 years, will most likely be in my rearview mirror.
And where would you go? The whole country is under attack. AZ and TX from California transplants (as well as homegrown in Austin); Colorado, NM, Utah, Nevada and Montana even.

And where would you go? The whole country is under attack. AZ and TX from California transplants (as well as homegrown in Austin); Colorado, NM, Utah, Nevada and Montana even.

Exactly. NH is about as good as it gets right now, if you care about the 2A, there is no where for you to go and mick your feet up.

Here is the vote breakdown. All Republicans (and the one Libertarian) voted against, along with 22 Democrats.

Contact your senator, because that's the next step, but also let the governor know that you expect a veto. The senate often pays attention to the governor's intent.

Exactly. NH is about as good as it gets right now, if you care about the 2A, there is no where for you to go and mick your feet up.

There in lies the rub. One of the main reasons I stay in NH is because of the 2A stance of the state government. If NH falls to the same level as Mass, Vt, CT, etc. then there's nothing holding me here. Liberties lost are almost never regained.

My hope if this happens is that there will be better (and warmer) states that will still be holding the line.

Here is the vote breakdown. All Republicans (and the one Libertarian) voted against, along with 22 Democrats.

Contact your senator, because that's the next step, but also let the governor know that you expect a veto. The senate often pays attention to the governor's intent.

You can bet I will.

JPK, Did you see this in this weeks calendar? I wonder what happens next.

NOTICE
A remonstrance has been filed with the New Hampshire House regarding House Bill 687. It is available for inspection in the Office of the Clerk of the House.
Paul C. Smith, Clerk of the House

There in lies the rub. One of the main reasons I stay in NH is because of the 2A stance of the state government. If NH falls to the same level as Mass, Vt, CT, etc. then there's nothing holding me here. Liberties lost are almost never regained.

My hope if this happens is that there will be better (and warmer) states that will still be holding the line.

I know it's easy to doom and gloom but we did gain liberty with the best Con Carry law in the country passed just 3 short years ago, so I'm not so sure about that.

NOTICE
A remonstrance has been filed with the New Hampshire House regarding House Bill 687. It is available for inspection in the Office of the Clerk of the House.

What does this mean?

I know it's easy to doom and gloom but we did gain liberty with the best Con Carry law in the country passed just 3 short years ago, so I'm not so sure about that.

What does this mean?

If it is anything like the Grand Remonstrance, it will be ignored and ultimately lead to the English Civil War.

NOTICE
An online copy is here: A way to force them to "Honor your oath"? A Remonstrance on HB 687-FN (Extreme Protection Orders) - Granite Grok

Still not clear exactly what this means for my northern neighbors. It seems to be a formal protest, but cannot tell what, if any, force of law it might have.

There are 4 anti-gun hearings in less than 2 weeks:

Plan on attending one or more of these hearings if possible:

1/21: HB1660, 1pm, Elder Care Gun Confiscation.
1/22: HB1101, 1pm, Buy a Gun, Go Home Without it.
HB1379, 2:30pm, The Gun Registry Creation Act
1/23: SB469, 10am, The 2020 Sen. Jeanne Dietsch Range Closure Act.

NOTICE
Nothing.

Total bad news for every gun owner. Pretty soon we’re all going to be legal criminals. f*** it why be legal about it anymore ? Don’t see anybody with power helping us out !! Literally takes an act of Congress for the Supreme Court to hear and help the little legal people. I feel like the constitution is totaly ignored now. You never hear of anybody being punished for treading on our LEGAL rights !! Tired of being shit on.
Agreed

Amazing how blue NH is turning. Sad.

There are 4 anti-gun hearings in less than 2 weeks:

Plan on attending one or more of these hearings if possible:

1/21: HB1660, 1pm, Elder Care Gun Confiscation.
1/22: HB1101, 1pm, Buy a Gun, Go Home Without it.
HB1379, 2:30pm, The Gun Registry Creation Act
1/23: SB469, 10am, The 2020 Sen. Jeanne Dietsch Range Closure Act.
Wtf getting ridiculous

Amazing how blue NH is turning. Sad.
NH has been purple for a long time.

Where do you live? How are you helping us keep it free?

Wtf getting ridiculous
These bills are just the same that we had in 2019, and have been offered up every year for a long time. That doesn't make them any less dangerous, so if you're a NH resident, please show up, sign up, speak, and write to your reps and senator and the governor.

NH has been purple for a long time.

Where do you live? How are you helping us keep it free?

These bills are just the same that we had in 2019, and have been offered up every year for a long time. That doesn't make them any less dangerous, so if you're a NH resident, please show up, sign up, speak, and write to your reps and senator and the governor.

This is why I stopped responding to these posts. These bills get brought every year, every time they do someone comes along and get all OMG NH IS MA NORTH!, as if its something new or unexpected.

Dont worry dude, those of us that show every year to fight these bills will continue to and carry the weight of the internet outrage.

This is why I stopped responding to these posts. These bills get brought every year, every time they do someone comes along and get all OMG NH IS MA NORTH!, as if its something new or unexpected.

Dont worry dude, those of us that show every year to fight these bills will continue to and carry the weight of the internet outrage.

ma**h***s gonna ma**h***

This is why I stopped responding to these posts. These bills get brought every year, every time they do someone comes along and get all OMG NH IS MA NORTH!, as if its something new or unexpected. Dont worry dude, those of us that show every year to fight these bills will continue to and carry the weight of the internet outrage.
The bills just keep getting more extreme, and the big difference in 2019/2020 is that with the GOP letting dems just have 25 seats without a challenger (coincidentally the exact margin by which HB687 passed), the only thing keeping these bills becoming law is the governor's veto. And we're not guaranteed to even have that next year...

Last edited:
Well I wrote my State Rep in Sullivan county and it took her 2 weeks to reply! Here is what she wrote back:

"I support this bill as being in the best "interests of my constituents’ safety and security."

Isn't that what excuse FDR and Dems said during WWII about internment of Japanese Americans?

Last edited:
Well I wrote my State Rep in Sullivan county and it took her 2 weeks to reply! Here is what she wrote back:

"I support this bill as being in the best "interests of my constituents’ safety and security."

Isn't that what excuse FDR and Dems said during WWII about internment of Japanese Americans?

Remind her of this and how her constituents lives will be endangered by police response.

I'd write her back and point out that they've just stolen something (that's what taking somebody's property without due process is. Theft) They've stolen something from someone they claim is dangerous but they've left them out in society with access to automobiles, matches, gasoline, chemicals/poisons etc. which endangers the public even more since now if they're truly dangerous your theft could set them off.

The bills just keep getting more extreme, and the big difference in 2019/2020 is that with the GOP letting dems just have 25 seats without a challenger (coincidentally the exact margin by which HB687 passed), the only thing keeping these bills becoming law is the governor's veto. And we're not guaranteed to even have that next year...
So is it still Ma**h***s gonna Ma**h*** ? Or should some people pull their heads out of the sand ? I’m a dues paying member of a NH gun rights org and I don’t even live in NH. Just want to help fight.

I'd write her back and point out that they've just stolen something (that's what taking somebody's property without due process is. Theft) They've stolen something from someone they claim is dangerous but they've left them out in society with access to automobiles, matches, gasoline, chemicals/poisons etc. which endangers the public even more since now if they're truly dangerous your theft could set them off.

That is exactly it but you missed one detail. It’s not the guns they want off the streets it’s the mentally deranged. And owning them makes you just that.

Sometimes they even come out and say it:

That is exactly it but you missed one detail. It’s not the guns they want off the streets it’s the mentally deranged. And owning them makes you just that.

Sometimes they even come out and say it:

Then they should be taking the person instead of the guns but yes as gun owners they consider us that but I'd say they want us more than off the streets. They want us dead and they're looking for any excuse and they're trying to get us to start it.

This is the classic attack on the tool vs the tool user......

You can take away the tool but the tool user will just move on to next best tool to accomplish their intended goal/ends.........that what tool users do......
Yes, but they want to do away with us so that eventually we won't be able to move onto the next tool. That's why they paint us as nazi's, fascists, white supremacists etc. They demonize the tool and those who use it so that when something bad happens to us others will just say they deserved it because of the type of people they are. They're painting us as being what they really are and unfortunately there are those foolish enough to believe them.

HB687 red flag debaucle has a hearing scheduled for the senate thurs 03/05/2019 at 10:00 AM and it appears they're expecting a big crowd since it supposed to be in reps hall......lets not disappoint them :)

It would be much better to defeat this bill in the senate than to rely on Sununu to veto

I will make this one...just need to clear it with my boss but he has not let me down yet.

Back
Top Bottom