NH HB687 Red Flag Gun Confiscation hearing scheduled 6/24/20

You guys still don't get it. The young people are the future. To reach young people, you NEED to be on social media. There is no way around it. Don't do it, and you might as well just do nothing at all.

You guys still don't get it. The young people are the future. To reach young people, you NEED to be on social media. There is no way around it. Don't do it, and you might as well just do nothing at all.
Nope. Raising young people and providing good, solid influences is the job of parents, aunts and uncles, etc. THEY are the ones you need to reach. The kids themselves aren't going to be especially reachable anyway, since they're not particularly interested, and won't be until they're older and have that "Aha!" moment (often while looking at the stub of their paycheck).

Dude, we got it. There is plenty of social media use on these topics up here. Social media posts don't do shit if the people reading them don't show up at the state house.

Simple concept that you refuse to accept. The playing field is not level. Conservatives on social media are censored and banned in real time if their ideas seem to have any traction. You go ahead and shout into the void, but no young people are seeing your ideas because they are deemed dangerous by the leftist overlords and thus get deleted, get you banned, or just get shadowbanned where you and the few people you send it to can see it but nobody else can.

You can spend your life acting like these people will allow this to happen, but those you are trying to reach are not reachable through these means. Spend your energy somewhere that it might help.

You're right, but a bunch of curmudgeonly octogenarians are not going to embrace social media in an effort to change hearts and minds.

Podcasts and U tube are how and where the younger generations get there news and views from nowadays i have 2 stepsons, 1 early 20's 1 late 20's and all they watch are Joe Rogan and the like. You would need something like a team of kids from SNHU media arts to set up a studio to cast from, a host that has "it" that people will watch and believe and follow, and a web site to launch all this from. And that's just the little of it that i learned from my kids..lol Go old school and have open / free fishing derbys at your gun clubs, get the 4-H involved, start spreading the word through the teens in those groups, hold open shoots and lessons for kids, but you guys would have to supply the .22s.. Advertise old school, posters at guns shops , grocery markets, churches, local convienence stores, but if you do the kids shoot use clay pigeons and steel plates kids get bored with paper targets fast, and of course hamburgers, hotdogs and such. Don't forget in order for a kid to get there a parent has to drive them. Show the local newspapers how safe and fun and educational it all is. You could try the same thing at the SNHU level but use the Forestry / Game Warden type classes to get the word out also the R.O.T.C. if need be. Hell get N.H. Fish and Game in on it, they usually support any sporting event and may help spread the word.. Oh, i forgot for the college age you need bigger guns,, harder to impress them..lol Old school but hopefully effective.

You're right, but a bunch of curmudgeonly octogenarians are not going to embrace social media in an effort to change hearts and minds.

Right, but this is not the audience you need to reach.

Podcasts and U tube are how and where the younger generations get there news and views from nowadays i have 2 stepsons, 1 early 20's 1 late 20's and all they watch are Joe Rogan and the like. You would need something like a team of kids from SNHU media arts to set up a studio to cast from, a host that has "it" that people will watch and believe and follow, and a web site to launch all this from. And that's just the little of it that i learned from my kids..lol Go old school and have open / free fishing derbys at your gun clubs, get the 4-H involved, start spreading the word through the teens in those groups, hold open shoots and lessons for kids, but you guys would have to supply the .22s.. Advertise old school, posters at guns shops , grocery markets, churches, local convienence stores, but if you do the kids shoot use clay pigeons and steel plates kids get bored with paper targets fast, and of course hamburgers, hotdogs and such. Don't forget in order for a kid to get there a parent has to drive them. Show the local newspapers how safe and fun and educational it all is. You could try the same thing at the SNHU level but use the Forestry / Game Warden type classes to get the word out also the R.O.T.C. if need be. Hell get N.H. Fish and Game in on it, they usually support any sporting event and may help spread the word.. Oh, i forgot for the college age you need bigger guns,, harder to impress them..lol Old school but hopefully effective.

Here you go! BINGO! The only thing is, take it from the old posters and flyers, and "spread the word" on social media. Kids don't go to gun shops all that much.

Lol, I meant the guns shops for the general public that go in for ammo or just too look around but not really gun club or NES type members. I used to make posters but my wife won't let me eat the crayons anymore. Joking aside tho Coyote33 you sound like your "younger" , The "GoPro" age, if you and friends of yours GoPro'ed a shooting and information video and put it on U Tube then followed it with more , then you could be the " social media" that us geriatrics don't know how to get into. Also so when i talked about the shooting events and stuff i mentally implied that that they were supposed to be videoed and posted also but nobody heard me.

Last edited:
Sorry, I'm over 50 for whatever that's worth. I need to stay on top of my kids, which is how I know a little bit about this. Everybody says the kids are the future. If that's the case, gun owners are going to be in tough shape the way this thread is going.

Here you go! BINGO! The only thing is, take it from the old posters and flyers, and "spread the word" on social media. Kids don't go to gun shops all that much.
Kids don't listen to oldsters as a rule. They get their opinions from their peers. THAT's why targeting them is a waste of time.

And recruiting kids as "missionaries" is correctly seen by them as proselytizing.

I support the police, but when push comes to shove, if the demoncrat nazis come for your guns, not because your dangerous but just because, the cops will likely be the enemy. They might have been nice guys for the last 10 years, but they don't want to lose their pensions and will, in many cases, do whatever the left wing autocrats ask them to. Never trust the gov't, pure and simple.

Total bad news for every gun owner. Pretty soon we’re all going to be legal criminals. f*** it why be legal about it anymore ? Don’t see anybody with power helping us out !! Literally takes an act of Congress for the Supreme Court to hear and help the little legal people. I feel like the constitution is totaly ignored now. You never hear of anybody being punished for treading on our LEGAL rights !! Tired of being shit on.
I know that I have been flamed on this forum by folks like "Whacko" (his screen name says it all!) and others while cheered on by others like "
One Eyed Jack" about registering firearms in this state. They demand that we follow the fa10 law but LE agencies acquire automatic weapons and grenade launchers free from the military and do not report it to us taxpayers. I will never, ever, register a gun. If that makes me a felon, then I will enjoy being a very content felon!

Last edited:
I know that I have been flamed on this forum by folks like "Whacko" (his screen name says it all!) and others while cheered on by others like "
One Eyed Jack" about registering firearms in this state. They demand that we follow the fa10 law but LE agencies acquire automatic weapons and grenade launchers free from the military and do not report it to us taxpayers. I will never, ever, register a gun. If that makes me a felon, then I will enjoy being a very content felon!

There are no fa10 laws in NH. [rolleyes]

Customized my email blast from NRA - sometimes the only replies I get are those criticizing me for using a "form email" as though that invalidates my intentions. When we vote, we all fill in the bubble, pull the lever or check the box - no "personal touch" required.

A way to force them to “Honor your oath”? A Remonstrance on HB 687-FN (Extreme Protection Orders)
by Skip / 8 January 2020

These democrats don't give a damn what we want or what the constitution says. To their way of thinking, even if 75% of the state didn't want it, they'd still vote for it. This is the way they are programmed.

10,000 pro gun rights people could pack the LOB and the capitol building and they would still vote for the red flag bill. The ONLY way to get rid of these shitty bills from coming up is to vote enough pro 2A people in to squash this crap. Dems aren't going to budge. They just don't give a damn. I have talked and spoken at these hearings for what? They don't care...it's so obvious we're just taking up their time. Their minds were already made up from the get go, regardless of what they say. Seriously, have any dems minds been changed by the testimonies of those that gave up their time to show up to speak? I seriously doubt it.

If this bill is signed by the governor, right now our last line of defense, NH, my home state for 63 years, will most likely be in my rearview mirror.

Last edited:
The margin is coincidentally = the number of seats that the NH GOP failed to run a GOP candidate at all in during the last election......in other words we just GAVE the Dems 25 seats unopposed.....

This is so frustrating.

Back
Top Bottom