NH HB687 Red Flag Gun Confiscation hearing scheduled 6/24/20

Ever actually try to use social media to get a message out about anything conservative? It doesn't work. If you are small, it just gets no traction. If you start to get traction, it gets killed by the social media site itself either through being removed for some made up breach of site rules, or due to multiple false reports from the other side, or simply manually deleted to avoid people seeing it. If you got something trending they would kill it, that's just reality. Trying to fight that way is useless.
I COMPLETELY DISAGREE with this defeatist, "Debbie Downer" attitude. 180 degrees opposite!

I COMPLETELY DISAGREE with this defeatist, "Debbie Downer" attitude. 180 degrees opposite!

Defeatist no, reality yes. How are you planning to overcome the fact that the people who own and run these social media empires are completely anti anything we believe in? They won't and don't allow conservative thought to get to people. They censor and ban at will and do everything in their power to kill the message before it gets anywhere.

So, get them signed up and receiving information. The other side is getting out information, our side is not. It is a war of information.
"Signing up" is not on most people's(voters') radar. They don't want that. Your ideas are not necessarily intriguing to them, and they do not wish to subscribe to your newsletter. [smile]

The onus of "getting the word out" is on he whose word he wants to get out. For the people we're looking to reach, that probably ain't "social media" and probably IS the cheap reach which is radio.

"Signing up" is not on most people's(voters') radar. They don't want that. Your ideas are not necessarily intriguing to them, and they do not wish to subscribe to your newsletter. [smile]

The onus of "getting the word out" is on he whose word he wants to get out. For the people we're looking to reach, that probably ain't "social media" and probably IS the cheap reach which is radio.
Right, and that has worked SO well on the ERPO stuff, suppressors, reciprocity, Sunday hunting (MA), and so many other things. Again, the negativity is just more drag against making any forward momentum at all.

Right, and that has worked SO well on the ERPO stuff, suppressors, reciprocity, Sunday hunting (MA), and so many other things. Again, the negativity is just more drag against making any forward momentum at all.
Bitching to me about "negativity" isn't reaching those we need to reach. And as others have pointed out, nor will social media.

Yeah, but they have Twitter, and are getting THEIR MESSAGE out to the masses!

This is why our side is losing, folks. We need to step up the social media presence. Between having truth on our side, and if we could get the message out, we would surely have no problem.
I've been involved and watching closely for a long time. Fifteen years ago, your point would be correct. But now, the Left mostly don't use social media any better than we do. What they do do, that we don't, is quiet, in-person organizing. They use email. Not in big blasts, but to a few people they personally know and trust. They meet for lunch, 4-6 people total.

The social media battle can't be ignored, but it's secondary. It's re-fighting the last war. We have to talk to people personally. Not just people who agree with us on everything, but people who disagree with us most of the time... and then get the hook in about where we do agree.

I've been involved and watching closely for a long time. Fifteen years ago, your point would be correct. But now, the Left mostly don't use social media any better than we do. What they do do, that we don't, is quiet, in-person organizing. They use email. Not in big blasts, but to a few people they personally know and trust. They meet for lunch, 4-6 people total.

The social media battle can't be ignored, but it's secondary. It's re-fighting the last war. We have to talk to people personally. Not just people who agree with us on everything, but people who disagree with us most of the time... and then get the hook in about where we do agree.
This highlights the Progs v us: they HAVE TIME to "meet for lunch" etc, cuz frankly they don't have anything else better to do. We have JOBS. We have families to look after.

Folks

This is really simple shit

Either each of us shows up at these hearings to oppose and brings 2+ friends or we dont.....the consequences of not making the effort = losing the fight/........even dems are having trouble voting for this bill

If we can defeat it in the house then its a win

If its a close fight in the house and all reps and a bunch of dems vote against it then Sununu will be more inclined to veto it

If no one shows up and puts up a fight then Sununu is going to ask himself why he should put his neck out and veto this bill

Rinse and repeat wrt the next election

Everyone needs to get involved........if you can run thats great.....we cannot leave seats open for Dems to run/pick up unopposed.

Either you and your friends get out and vote or we go the route Virginia is about to go down come Jan 1........first thing to get rammed down Va's throats is gun control.....watch and see
I know, but the problem, once again, is THE WORD ISN'T GETTING OUT.

Ideally this should be happening through the shops and clubs, at least as exclusively firearms-related stuff is concerned. It isn't, and what's worse, it isn't restricted to that.

Did the ACLU speak on it yet? They have been against the red flag laws in the past. This would probably open the eyes of a lot of democrats who support this shit blindly.

So help it get out

Post a schedule of hearings at a couple of clubs in your area as well as gun shops

Tell your friends

Send out email alerts/FYI's and solicit folks to show up/get involved

When people show up to these hearings and see/hear it for the first time their heads explode and they usually stay engiaged because they begin to understand whats at stake
1. I'm still in Connecticut, and probably won't "officially" be up there until mid 2020.
2. Note what I said earlier about the difference between us and the Progs. They have nothing but time on their hands: they're (1) derelicts, (2) trustafarians, and (3) hausfraus. (Oh, and academicians, but that's typically subsumed under (1) or (2). ) We're working people. Time for activism is limited.

Who would be willing to take time off for a pre-scheduled event sometime early next year (during the week)?

New Hampshire Firearms Coalition attacked over political sign

On Thursday, the New Hampshire Democratic Party (NHDP) filed an election law complaint against the New Hampshire Firearms Coalition (NHFC). The core of the dispute is a political sign the NHFC displayed at a New Hampshire House Committee meeting. The sign featured the text “There’s no law quite like a red flag law” against a backdrop of flags from the Third Reich, Vietnam, China, and Russia adorned with the faces of the sponsors of New Hampshire HB687, a red flag provision.

Members of the NHDP were outraged at having their policies compared to those of the Nazis (perhaps leaving the comparison to Stalinist Russia and Maoist China would have been less objectionable?). The devil in the details here is that New Hampshire code says “political advertising to promote the success or defeat of a measure by a business organization, labor union, or other enterprise or organization shall be signed.” The NHDP alleges that NHFC failed to sign its banner.

While comparisons to Nazism are more than a little cliché (aptness aside), the NHDP’s response is akin to tattling to the teacher. Everyone knows who was behind the sign, the NHFC themselves took credit for it. Wielding arbitrary speech codes against your opponents does nothing to absolve red flag laws of their status as bad policy.

P.S. If anyone at the New Hampshire Firearms Coalition is reading this, we would love for our legal team and First Amendment scholars and litigators to discuss this with you. We *love* to challenge speech restrictions that impact pro-2A / pro-liberty speech. Please e-mail the team at hotline \at/ fpchq.org.

Did the ACLU speak on it yet? They have been against the red flag laws in the past. This would probably open the eyes of a lot of democrats who support this shit blindly.

A woman from the ACLU destroyed the bill in the open hearing on the house floor last year. It was pretty amazing to see. Then the bill sponsor, a woman, berated her for speaking against it right in front of me. Shit like "as a woman I'm appalled and embarrassed you would speak against this issue..." it was real bullying to the point the ACLU lady had to leave rep hall and this a**h*** followed her out, shitting all over her the whole way. I wish to God I had gotten it on video, it probably would have been the end of that rep. I made sure to follow her out and thank her for speaking against the bill and that I appreciated her taking the abuse.

Next time I will be quick with the video.

Who would be willing to take time off for a pre-scheduled event sometime early next year (during the week)?

That much notice, yeah, I can work with that.

A woman from the ACLU destroyed the bill in the open hearing on the house floor last year. It was pretty amazing to see. Then the bill sponsor, a woman, berated her for speaking against it right in front of me. Shit like "as a woman I'm appalled and embarrassed you would speak against this issue..." it was real bullying to the point the ACLU lady had to leave rep hall and this a**h*** followed her out, shitting all over her the whole way. I wish to God I had gotten it on video, it probably would have been the end of that rep. I made sure to follow her out and thank her for speaking against the bill and that I appreciated her taking the abuse.

That much notice, yeah, I can work with that.

That probably would of been a viral video showing the bullshit!

While comparisons to Nazism are more than a little cliché (aptness aside), the NHDP’s response is akin to tattling to the teacher. Everyone knows who was behind the sign, the NHFC themselves took credit for it. Wielding arbitrary speech codes against your opponents does nothing to absolve red flag laws of their status as bad policy.
Indeed, it serves as an example of how loosely-worded statutes that infringe on constitutional rights are inevitably used to suppress political opponents.

Next time, speak up against this BS.

Next time, speak up against this BS.

I honestly wasn't sure what was happening until it was too late. I was shocked that the rep would do that in rep hall and didn't put 2 and 2 together until the ACLU lady started walking away.

I walked over to design after it all happened and told him, his immediate reaction was take video. I felt like a retard for not doing so.

The statute isn't loosely-worded. It clearly does not apply in this case.

Exactly. Any law that messes around with a constitutional right (whether barely on the "Court says it's OK" side, or pushing the boundary) will be used to infringe further. Any time we have a "need" to play at that edge, the law's terms must be extremely well defined, as it will be abused and tight definitions are the only boundary to abuse - and the bounds will still be tested. If a simple statute with defined terms is being cited with a straight face by an experienced political actor in an effort to suppress political opponents (simply out of ignorance or in knowing abuse in the hope that a term defined elsewhere in the section reduces it to be read at will), then it's a superbly well-timed example showing how the proposed red flag law is going to be abused for similar purposes - inevitably and probably almost immediately. Thus, my saying Design's "Wielding arbitrary speech codes against your opponents does nothing to absolve red flag laws of their status as bad policy," is spot on and that it not only doesn't absolve the bad policy of red flag laws, it is a shining example of the kind of abuse we can expect.

Even supposedly tight statutes that infringe on on constitutional protections are going to be abused. The more vague, more likely the faster. The very reason those constitutional protections on our rights are in place is the historically proven proclivity of humans to transgress upon those rights.

Radio? Young people don't listen to much talk radio or ads.
I'm saying we need to start using social media if we want to reach people, and by "people", I mean young people, the up and coming generations.

The Babylon Bee has cracked the code on how to use conservative media humorously to get our side’s point across:

CNN Criticizes Pregnant Woman For Shooting Poor, Defenseless Man Who Was Simply Seeking Asylum In Her Home

CNN Criticizes Pregnant Woman For Shooting Poor, Defenseless Man Who Was Simply Seeking Asylum In Her Home

Exactly. Any law that messes around with a constitutional right (whether barely on the "Court says it's OK" side, or pushing the boundary) will be used to infringe further. Any time we have a "need" to play at that edge, the law's terms must be extremely well defined, as it will be abused and tight definitions are the only boundary to abuse - and the bounds will still be tested. If a simple statute with defined terms is being cited with a straight face by an experienced political actor in an effort to suppress political opponents (simply out of ignorance or in knowing abuse in the hope that a term defined elsewhere in the section reduces it to be read at will), then it's a superbly well-timed example showing how the proposed red flag law is going to be abused for similar purposes - inevitably and probably almost immediately. Thus, my saying Design's "Wielding arbitrary speech codes against your opponents does nothing to absolve red flag laws of their status as bad policy," is spot on and that it not only doesn't absolve the bad policy of red flag laws, it is a shining example of the kind of abuse we can expect.

Even supposedly tight statutes that infringe on on constitutional protections are going to be abused. The more vague, more likely the faster. The very reason those constitutional protections on our rights are in place is the historically proven proclivity of humans to transgress upon those rights.

You have made an excellent case for why the law won't protect you, but will always work for the Left. Better hope there's hardcore right wingers staffing the NH state gov. Even limp RW will let the Leftists break the law at will while using it to fraudently attack their oppenents. By any means necessary, as they say (meaning the law is a joke to them, to be discarded or manipulated at will, and it doesnt matter who they destroy along the way).

But are any of "our" people there? Never mind the policy bias.
Best I can do is to email or call my reps. No vacation time to take off to attend in person. That's why the other side wins - Sally Soccermom, students and those on the dole have lots of free time and can take the day off.

ETA: Trying to get other gun owners to call/email or even vote is like banging my head against the wall. "Oh, they won't listen to us." "Oh, it won't do any good". "Oh, I support the second amendment, but nobody needs an assault weapon/AR/"hi-capacity" magazine..."

That's why the other side wins - Sally Soccermom, students and those on the dole have lots of free time and can take the day off.
I've been saying that for a long time.

Yes, we need to build support networks for things like "Hey, we need folks to show up on Feb 31 at 13:00 cuz Grimace Donkenstein has scheduled a hearing." That's typically from when they're already onboard. Showing up to Donkenstein's hearing makes them an activist by definition, and as you've already pointed out, not many have the time or inclination.

Bigger deal: not electing the damned Donks in the first place. People need to be convinced THESE PEOPLE ARE BATSHIT INSANE. And it's well worth your time to turn out and vote for the NOT batshit insane candidate. And most of the people we want to reach with that message either don't use FaceSpaceCrapTweetGram at all, or only peripherally to keep in touch with family. That cannot be a strategy. (Onboard them - have their contact info and at least indication of interest - and you can try to work them up the spectrum to activist. Meantime... they're a voter.)

As much as all of you scoff at it, I remain firmly convinced the reach medium here is old school terrestrial radio.

This is my point....most of the "Choir" isnt showing up for "Practice" before the "Big Game" when it counts.......the rest of your points about FaceSpaceCrapTweetGram are exactly on point

If they dont feel the heat of constituents in hearings and on days they vote on measures then it only further emboldens them.

Several of the prime sponsors have looked like they were on the verge of a stroke/heart attack just from the turnout of a small/determined group of RKBA supporters

Double/Triple the turnout and they're going to do a lot more navel gazing before casting their vote
Good, and let's continue to get people out there for this.

But again, I'm much more concerned about November 2020. The Donks cheat. That's a given. New Hampshire laws don't exactly check this, at least not effectively, so the turnout has to overcome it. We need to convince people (1) there's a crisis, (2) it's due to Donkery, and (3) you need to get off your dead ass and get out and vote. Social media's been precluded. Teevee is muy spensive. People don't read newspapers anymore. But a lot still listen to the radio, whether in the car or at work, and radio is relatively cheap.

Back
Top Bottom