NH HB687 Red Flag Gun Confiscation hearing scheduled 6/24/20

HB 687 was "retained in committee" today:
Not saying Red Flag in NH is dead, but has a nasty cough and looking decidedly pale. Bills retained in committee must go to the full House for action this year or next year; generally this status indicates the bill is unlikely to pass in its current form.

Last edited:
Can't f***ing stand them; is that fiscal year?

Thanks for the continued heads up and work on this.
It says calendar year. Almost 70K 20 days into the year. Even figuring payment up front for services that will extend into the year, it has me wondering if I'm in the wrong business.

Big money makes for bad law!

It says calendar year. Almost 70K 20 days into the year. Even figuring payment up front for services that will extend into the year, it has me wondering if I'm in the wrong business.

Big money makes for bad law!

Yes, but then it is written, "This should equal the total of all prior monthly payments for this calendar year" $52,750.00

How do they have prior monthly payments in January? How long is a reporting period? That is why I ask. I wish there was a form number or more information. Still hate them.

The prime sponsor turned in an amendment and she is addressing language that no one has. Working on getting a copy.

Union-Leader had this to say about the amendment:
UL said:
The unanimous vote to retain the bill came after an amendment introduced by Altschiller to address concerns about due process failed in a 10-10 tie. Democrats John Bordenet of Keene and Julie Radhakrishmnan of Amherst voted with the eight Republicans on the committee against the amendment. It would have raised the standard for determination of risk in judicial hearings from probable cause to clean and convincing evidence, in response to concerns raised by the ACLU-NH.

Several members complained that the amendment was sprung on them at the last minute, as part of a 13-page bill that they wanted to re-read in its entirety. “I’ve been told there’s only one change, but I don’t know if that’s all there is,” said Bordenet. “Due to just receiving this amendment five minutes ago, I’m going to have to say ‘no.’”

Altschiller took issue with that characterization of the timing. “It’s disappointing that it seems a number of reps didn’t do their reading before they showed up at the meeting because they all had this in their email in boxes last night,” she said. “We made a correction to bring the standards up higher in response to requests from them.”

Once the amendment failed, it was clear there were not enough votes to pass the bill. A motion to recommend “ought to pass” failed 6-14. The motion to retain the bill for further study passed 20-0.

The ACLU has a lot of concerns about this bill and we should be putting in our best efforts to get this right,” said Rep. Daryl Abbas, R-Salem. “I want to achieve a balance with the justice side and the public safety side, which is why I wear the scales of justice pin.
Altschiller just keeps on digging herself deeper, doubt she's making friends on the committee.

“The committee also voted 12-8 “ought to pass” along party lines on HB 514, imposing a waiting period of seven days between the purchase and delivery of a firearm. That bill now moves to the House floor for a vote, most likely next week.”

No way!

It’s disappointing that it seems a number of reps didn’t do their reading before they showed up at the meeting because they all had this in their email in boxes last night,” she said. “We made a correction to bring the standards up higher in response to requests from them.”

It doesn't matter if it was in their email in boxes. Committees don't vote on email: they vote on what's in their hands and on the table in front of them.

I've had stuff "in my email", sent at midnight or later, when I've had to leave home before 6 a.m. to make it to Concord in time for meetings in bad weather.

Rep. Altschiller is showing her geographic privilege.

There are 4 more bills to stop for this year. Let's make sure the hearing on the 26th is well attended.
HB109
HB514,
HB564,
HB696

Two of the anti-gun bills have been retained and will be back in 2020

Attachments

• 2019 bills to stop.JPG
    2019 bills to stop.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 15
Does anyone think it would be smart to print and hand out a ton of copies of the Bloomberg receipt at the hearings? Pass out enough and it's sure to get some attention. Maybe the NH Women's Defense league would be up to it?

Keep driving home the narrative that out-of-state mega donors are trying to control NH citizens.

I think that would be a great idea.

Is there anything which can be done by citizens now. I always call the governor's office on bills like these when the time comes. Unfortunately I can't drive so that limits what I can do.

I saw this on the WMUR website two days ago...I am confused. I thought that this was already vetoed or are the donks trying to drum up enough people to overturn the veto? Someone please explain...

687 was "Retained" by the committee.......

thats why they can continue to work on it and try to pass it......

They will continue to try political stunts with red flag bill like the senate president did by holding onto 3 of the 4 bills and timing submission to sununu's desk to correspond with a shootings somewhere in the country to leverage media hysteria

This is why people need to continue to be enguaged and show up for these hearings

Thank you! I will continue to call/email the Governor and every rep and senator that I believe will make a difference.

All,

The horrific/badly written/unconstitutional red flag bill from earlier this year is back and the Criminal Justice and Public Safety cmte has scheduled a hearing/exec session to ram this bill down our throats

Its a Wed morning and folks folks need to attend this and show opposition to this travesty

10/30/2019 10:00 am LOB 204

I'll see what I can do.

We should update the title. NH House Criminal Justice and Public Safety is deciding the fate of this bill on 10/30. For those that still have some vacation time, taking that morning off is a good idea. Bring a video camera.
design

We should update the title. NH House Criminal Justice and Public Safety is deciding the fate of this bill on 10/30. For those that still have some vacation time, taking that morning off is a good idea. Bring a video camera.
design
Title updated and I added some of what you said here to my original post.

If the moderators can merge these threads, that would be great.

Although we cannot testify, we can make it clear that HB687 and any amendments are repugnant to our Natural Rights that are documented in the Constitutions! Bring a video camera or a phone or table, take lots of photos and video and make sure their votes are blasted all of social media. If they are going to take away our rights, they will need to do it in the daylight.

We need to expose these Constitutional Traitors for what they are.

Back
Top Bottom