NH-HB1115 relative to the discharge of a firearm in the compact part of a city or town. hearing scheduled for tues 02/18/2020 11:00 am LOB 301

NH-HB1115 relative to the discharge of a firearm in the compact part of a city or town. hearing scheduled for tues 02/18/2020 11:00 am LOB 301

Docket HB1115

HB1115 As Introduced

Bill text below

20-2062

04/06

HOUSE BILL 1115

AN ACT relative to the discharge of a firearm in the compact part of a city or town.

SPONSORS: Rep. Doherty, Merr. 20; Rep. Schuett, Merr. 20; Rep. St. John, Hills. 27; Rep. McGhee, Hills. 40; Rep. Andrew Bouldin, Hills. 12; Rep. Coursin, Rock. 1; Rep. K. Murray, Rock. 24

COMMITTEE: Municipal and County Government

-----------------------------------------------------------------

ANALYSIS

This bill amends the definition of the compact part of a city or town in which a firearm may be discharged.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Explanation: Matter added to current law appears in bold italics.

Matter removed from current law appears [in brackets and struckthrough.]

Matter which is either (a) all new or (b) repealed and reenacted appears in regular type.

20-2062

04/06

STATE OF NEW HAMPSHIRE

In the Year of Our Lord Two Thousand Twenty

AN ACT relative to the discharge of a firearm in the compact part of a city or town.

Be it Enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives in General Court convened:

1 Unauthorized Use of Firearms; Definition of Compact Part. Amend RSA 644:13, II(b) to read as follows:

(b) "Compact part" means the territory within a town or city comprised of the following:

(1) Any nonresidential, commercial building, including, but not limited to, industrial, educational, or medical buildings, plus a perimeter [300] 900 feet wide around all such buildings without permission of the owner.

(2) Any park, playground, [or other] outdoor public gathering place, or other property designated by the legislative body of the city or town for public recreational use.

(3) Any contiguous area containing 6 or more buildings which are used as either part-time or permanent dwellings and the spaces between them where each such building is within 300 feet of at least one of the others, plus a perimeter 300 feet wide around all the buildings in such area.

2 Effective Date. This act shall take effect 60 days after its passage.

Man, the antis are relentless up there. Feels like Mass.

I pray this shit is defeated. Frigging ridiculous.

NRA ILA posted an alert today including a "Take Action" link to send email indicating you're in OPPOSITION to HB1115

Done...both myself and my wife signed this.

2 of the sponsors spoke first and their profound lack of knowledge and more importantly MISINFORMATION was probably one of the best testimonies AGAINST the bill all day
It was hilarious how much they didn't know about the law they were proposing to change. Their supporters on the committee were even worse.

When they were commenting about wanting to let towns place parts of public land off-limits for shooting, it was obvious that none of them had ever heard of RSA 159:26 and preemption.

Worst part: I lost my "Guns Save Lives" sticker. I was going to put it on my notepad with my School Choice sticker. :/

It was hilarious how much they didn't know about the law they were proposing to change. Their supporters on the committee were even worse.

When they were commenting about wanting to let towns place parts of public land off-limits for shooting, it was obvious that none of them had ever heard of RSA 159:26 and preemption.

Worst part: I lost my "Guns Save Lives" sticker. I was going to put it on my notepad with my School Choice sticker. :/
Also worth noting, I was told by a MA town's finance director (some years ago) that any land purchased with ANY funds from the Robinson-Pittman Act means that the land MUST allow hunting. I have never checked this out, but it would be worth doing and having that arrow in your quiver to fight these sort of incursions on 2A!

Enough of this crap already. I moved to NH in part so I could plink on my own land. I even restrict myself to .22 and submitted a form 4 for a suppressor in order to be a more courteous neighbor. The sheer number of unnecessary anti-gun legislation that has been introduced this year is mind boggling. Are people in NH really so left leaning and anti-gun? Somebody elected these lawmakers sponsoring all these ridiculous bills.

Back
Top Bottom