• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH HB 1354 - Inexpedient to Legislate (9-1 vote)

(cross-posted at No Looking Backwards)

*** BREAKING NEWS ***

By a margin of 9-1, the New Hampshire House Legislative Administration Committee voted this afternoon to ITL (Inexpedient to Legislate) HB1354, the bill that would have barred the carrying of firearms by law-abiding, licensed individuals in the New Hampshire State House and Legislative Office Building.

I will be posting the video of today's Executive Session meeting, including the comments made by the one dissenting committee member, later on this evening. Stay tuned.

Related posts here.

Part 1 is up.

http://massbackwards.blogspot.com/2008/02/hb1354-house-committee-executive.html

Part 2 will be up in just a bit.

The lone supporter of the bill, Representative Nickolas Levasseur:

The only problem I have with this bill is that it only bans handguns in the Legislative Office Building and the State House. I have personal issues with handguns in general, which compels me to, you know, be in favor of this bill.

[...]

Handguns are, after all, only designed to harm other human beings. They have no other use.

Yeah, the BAD part of this bill is that it doesn't ban guns in MORE places.

And, sorry, buddy, but if someone's shooting at my wife and kids, you can bet your feeble-minded a** I'll be looking to "harm" them as much as is needed to end the threat to my family's well-being.

Either way, someone's getting "harmed". Why would anyone with 17 functioning brain cells, and a half a shred of human decency in his body, prefer that the harmed party consist of my wife and daughters, and not the homicidal nutcake?

If this HB1354 went nowhere, what is up with this House Rules for 2009-2010 currently listed on the website?

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/house/abouthouse/houserules.htm

63. No person, including members of the House, except law enforcement officers while actively engaged in carrying out their duties as such, shall carry or have in possession any deadly weapon as defined in RSA 625:11, V while in the House Chamber, anterooms, cloakrooms, or any portion of the State House adjacent to any of the above. Any person in violation of this rule shall be subject to ejection from any such premises on the order of the Speaker and disciplinary action or arrest or both by action of the House. Nothing in this rule shall indicate that the security officer appointed by the House under Rule 61 has the right to stop and search a member of the House on the premises of the House. With the exception of devices for the hearing impaired, no member shall operate audible electronic transmitting and/or receiving devices nor shall any member operate a video camera or a camera utilizing flash bulbs on the floor of the House, while the House is in session.

Every one of these threads about NH is about a dumbass law being killed dead in its tracks before getting anywhere. Every time one of these threads comes up for MA its a last minute warning to bend over.

I can't wait to move.

I can't wait to give Nicky boy a piece of my mind...

Derek,

Whatever happened to that legislator that was 'threatened' by you and was going to make a report to whoever handles such things at the state house? I can't find the thread but I remember the guy was an idiot. Same guy?

The only problem I have with this bill is that it only bans handguns in the Legislative Office Building and the State House. I have personal issues with handguns in general, which compels me to, you know, be in favor of this bill.

[...]

Handguns are, after all, only designed to harm other human beings. They have no other use.

Personal issues have no place at your job of SERVING THE PEOPLE! [angry]

Back
Top Bottom