NH Gun Show

I was planning on heading up to the Gun Show at the Everett Ice Arena in Concord Labor Day weekend..anyone know if this is a decent show? Thanks

Last edited:
IMNSHO yes it is. It's a packed show with ~300 tables. Lots of cool stuff to look at and those that don't live in NH can even buy a few things there.

This is the one NH show that I try to attend each year.

The Concord show last April had a 45 minute-long line outside at 9AM on Saturday. The promoters definitely need a better system for getting people through the door.

The show is well worth attending, but I'm going to wait until afternoon Saturday to attend.

The Concord show last April had a 45 minute-long line outside at 9AM on Saturday. The promoters definitely need a better system for getting people through the door.

The show is well worth attending, but I'm going to wait until afternoon Saturday to attend.

Back when the economy was better and pre-1998 (when dealers were allowed to sell guns in MA [thinking] ) this was a typical wait to get into many good gun shows.

BTW, it was the same for computer shows back in the 1990s.

My Wife is pretty funny. She asked me, "What do you think the "smell factor" will be at this show?" I think she'll be staying home.

No, you cannot carry there, all guns must be unloaded before you get to the door (ask me how I know about this one) and you can bring it in empty with a gun show tag on it. Just keep a loaded mag in the other pocket[smile],better than leaving it in the car.

No, you cannot carry there, all guns must be unloaded before you get to the door (ask me how I know about this one) and you can bring it in empty with a gun show tag on it. Just keep a loaded mag in the other pocket[smile],better than leaving it in the car.

So one can OC at the show? as long as it is not loaded?

I was also at the April show. It's a pretty small location so it's very packed. You have to kind of walk sideways to get past people.
There was a guy selling red dot sights at a good price. I hope he'll be there again.

My Wife is pretty funny. She asked me, "What do you think the "smell factor" will be at this show?" I think she'll be staying home.

Bring her to a Hamfest. Then she will have a whole new outlook. [laugh] Then she will be like "Well, gun shows aren't so bad after all. "

-Mike

Show

I will definitely be there...I have to work the show[sad]...please stop by the table; Stoney Acre Sports; and check in. I will be setting up early and checking out to see if there are any milsurps to add to my collection[smile].

It has been a pretty good show in the past. As dealers go its kind of a pain. They set up the tables with one exit for more than one dealer. You are constantly bumping into the next guy...but I guess its a good thing.....more dealers....more stuff!!!!!![smile][smile][smile]

Got there at 7:30 and I was about 20th in line, holy crap by 9 the line was wrapped around the building. Kind of depressing, prices were a lot higher than I thought. I always thought you went to shows for deals. Ammo components and the like were very high. Oh well, i'll just order online. Not a failure though, was able to get my hands on primers without bending over. Not worth the tank of gas. Cheaper to buy online.

Prices were very high, lots of Ammo to be had also. Again prices were a little high.

All in all great show, I love New Hampshire, I am seriously looking to get out of Mass within the next 6 months. The free state gun shows are so much better than Mass.

I bought a Mossberg 500a while I was there and the women asked for my License, so of course I handed her my LTC as well as my Drivers license. The look at the older gentleman who I bought the Mossy from was like..What the hell is this? I said I know sir I come form the other side of the boarder...you know the stupid side...He laughed.

6 Months I and the Family are NH bound. Any Realtors on the board want to PM me some info on 3 bedroom House rentals in a nice quite area say Pelham/Nashua/Hudson... fell free to Spam my PM box. My existing Mass home I'll rent or toss it on the Market.

Good riddance.

Got there between 1030 and 11 and walked right in. Looked pretty quiet to me, relative to prior shows on Labor Day weekend. No real bargains to be seen. Ruger 10/22s are cheaper at Dick's or BassPro than at the gun show!

Ammo (from WM) was marked up by 50-100%.

No bargains to be had. Cheapest primers that I saw were $38/K for pistol primers . . .
don't recall who/where.

Stopped by Riley's and they had Fed'l LE Tactical shotgun shells for $3.50/box. Hydra-Shok 12 ga 1 oz slugs and Low Recoil 00 Buck. Looked like a good deal.

......and to think I held off on buying stuff thinking I mat get a better deal at the show!!

You will almost never get a better deal at a gun show....

The sole exception is when there are dealers all selling the same stuff and you pit them against each other for pricing.... sometimes even then there aren't many deals.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom