• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

[NH] Governor VETOED SB88, More news coming tomorrow... [ugh!!!]

We manage to keep that jackass Devil Patrick in power....[banghead]

How true, how sadly true but we have only elected him twice . The good folks up in NH have two year gubernatorial terms which seems to me that they have a better shot at ousting somebody that they don't like. I remember when out govs served two year terms too.

This is why I am so perplexed about NH...they have more opportunities to get rid of their chief executive than we do down here...yet they keep reelecting him.

How true, how sadly true but we have only elected him twice . The good folks up in NH have two year gubernatorial terms which seems to me that they have a better shot at ousting somebody that they don't like. I remember when out govs served two year terms too.

This is why I am so perplexed about NH...they have more opportunities to get rid of their chief executive than we do down here...yet they keep reelecting him.

I agree is someone as conservative as governor lynch were to be elected in MA there is no way he could last more than one term before he was run out by the moonbats from Cambridge and Amherst

My NH Senator just replied to my e-mail. He states he will be voting to override the veto. No word from my house reps yet.

"Thank you for your email David. I plan to vote to override the veto. Best regards, Russell

Russell E. Prescott, P. E.
Vice President
R. E. Prescott Co., Inc."

I love this about NH, the guy is a state senator but has his own company. Real working people representing in government.

I love this about NH, the guy is a state senator but has his own company. Real working people representing in government.

+1 on this. A state Rep did a small backyard marriage ceremony for us last year. Gave the ok to the wife as long as he was a Republican [grin].

I will say...the comments by MA guys bashing NH government are pretty funny. [rofl]

Hey you Granite State stalwart true American patriots up there (or so we are led to believe by many of our NES NH brethren) have elected this guy four times to the office of governor. It's not like the guy is a "one term wonder" or it's because "all the people from Mass who moved to southern NH voted for him" either. Maybe the reality of living in NH is slightly different than the "Live Free or Die" image that so many like to project. We Ma**h***s take a lot of flack from you folks up there, about how screwed up we are, yet how do you explain Gov Lynch's ability to get elected once and reelected three times?

There's a few reasons:

1- the GOP never bothers putting up a candidate that isn't lame (I can't even remember the name of the guy who ran against him last time).

2- Lynch manages to fly below the radar on most issues to most of the voters. He can get away with abusing gun owners, because unfortunately gun owners are still a relatively small portion of the population in NH. It's hard to unseat the bastard, because as a "generality" to joe weeble wabble independent voter, Lynch is only about a "2" on the suck meter. Even a lot of republicans suck for voting for the guy. Outside of stuff like this, the guy generally avoids making serious political gaffes that piss off large numbers of voters.

3- he hasn't violated the pledge (the unspoken NH sales tax ban) yet.

4- "the devil you know..." Lynch has been in office long enough that the voters know how he will act.

If voters in NH want to get rid of lynch, they need to pick an established independent or republican who's already serving and has a track record to back up whatever platform he has. Without that, people will keep sucking for lynch.

To sum it up... the reason he's there is because the people in NH don't want him gone badly enough.

-Mike

Last edited:
2- Lynch manages to fly below the radar on most issues to most of the voters. He can get away with abusing gun owners, because unfortunately gun owners are still a relatively small portion of the population in NH.
What's worse than being in the numerical minority, though I'm not sure they are, is the apathy of gun owners.

We, even in NH, are cruising down a road to domestic and international attacks on our gun rights. We've seen an uprising in the last few years, but we are still going down that road as we see with the UN's treaty and the Presidents "under the radar."

More people need to wake up, we have not won - even in free states, we are still losing, just not as fast as we were before.

F**k it, I'll go to jail before I run out my back door, or anywhere else for that matter. The belief of 'Live Free or Die' generally only exists, besides a minority, above Concord. Unfortunately that's not the majority of voters. Lynch is an idiot.

I re-read his statement. I'm surprised he didn't make some comment about "blood running in the streets" or some other dem nonsense.

Last edited:
There's a few reasons:

1- the GOP never bothers putting up a candidate that isn't lame (I can't even remember the name of the guy who ran against him last time).

2- Lynch manages to fly below the radar on most issues to most of the voters. He can get away with abusing gun owners, because unfortunately gun owners are still a relatively small portion of the population in NH. It's hard to unseat the bastard, because as a "generality" to joe weeble wabble independent voter, Lynch is only about a "2" on the suck meter. Even a lot of republicans suck for voting for the guy. Outside of stuff like this, the guy generally avoids making serious political gaffes that piss off large numbers of voters.

3- he hasn't violated the pledge (the unspoken NH sales tax ban) yet.

4- "the devil you know..." Lynch has been in office long enough that the voters know how he will act.

If voters in NH want to get rid of lynch, they need to pick an established independent or republican who's already serving and has a track record to back up whatever platform he has. Without that, people will keep sucking for lynch.

To sum it up... the reason he's there is because the people in NH don't want him gone badly enough.

-Mike
This was our other choice in the last election
http://www.johnstephen.com/about-john.html

not much of a choice if you do your research

We, even in NH, are cruising down a road to domestic and international attacks on our gun rights.

I grew up in the '70's in a small, quiet, rural town in central mass. A town that was frugally run but pleasant and "nice". It was a comfortable surrounding.

Since then, it and the surrounding state have grown in population and both have evolved into pretentious, stuffed shirt, individuality stifling places to exist, not live. It took ~ 30 years to become unbearable.

From my NH explorations, NH small towns have the look and feel of what my hometown WAS, 30+ years ago.

It was clear then what would happen here and it is clear now, what will happen to NH.

Lets hope it takes at least 30 years and lets pray enough people wake up and reverse the tide before it's too late for NH. It's already too late for MA.

In 2006, I vetoed legislation with identical provisions because the New Hampshire Chiefs of Police, the New Hampshire Sheriffs Association, the New Hampshire State Police, representatives of over 40 local law enforcement departments and the former Attorney General warned it would jeopardize public safety. Many of those same organizations and the current Attorney General have asked me to veto this bill because it contains the identical provision governing the use of deadly force. This legislation would permit the use of deadly force anywhere a person has a right to be, even if the person could easily remove himself or herself from an encounter without exposing himself or herself, or anyone else, to danger.

I guess the police didn't like the bill.

In 2006, I vetoed legislation with identical provisions because the New Hampshire Chiefs of Police, the New Hampshire Sheriffs Association, the New Hampshire State Police, representatives of over 40 local law enforcement departments and the former Attorney General warned it would jeopardize public safety. Many of those same organizations and the current Attorney General have asked me to veto this bill because it contains the identical provision governing the use of deadly force. This legislation would permit the use of deadly force anywhere a person has a right to be, even if the person could easily remove himself or herself from an encounter without exposing himself or herself, or anyone else, to danger.

What an ass, he doesn't work for any police associations, departments, or former AGs. He works for the people of NH. And so do all those people in those police groups.

What an ass, he doesn't work for any police associations, departments, or former AGs. He works for the people of NH. And so do all those people in those police groups.

I hear you, but in reality all of these groups work for money and power. Their money and their power are more secure if the populace lives in fear and is unable to defend itself.

This veto will be overridden and he knows it. The veto allows him to kowtow to the various LEO organizations which will help him during the next election cycle.

New Hampshire ain't perfect but it's a hell of a lot better than MA.

Exactly, this was a political move, pure and simple, he HAD to veto it, fully knowing it would be over-ridden.

Back
Top Bottom