• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH Folks upset about Collectible Arms & Ammo's signs

Moonbats believe in the right of freedom of speech. But, you'd better say what you're supposed to say... [angry]

Moonbats believe in the right of freedom of speech. But, you'd better say what you're supposed to say... [angry]

Yes as long as what you say is THEIR view its ok to express it! The problem with moonbats is they never stop moving the goal post. Thats how Calf, NY and MA ended up so messed up! And as you see it just continues.... just like a cancer!

Last edited:
To their credit, the town appears to have told him to pound sand.

Not sure if they actually told him to "pound sand" more like "Sorry Mr.Mower but we have researched the issue but there doesn't seem to be a law or town ordinance on the sign verbage that the shop has broken.
My guess is that if Mr. Mower ever gets into office in Merrimack again, the first thing he will do is try to push through a law in Merrimack to be able to ban statements on signs that are "offensive" is complaints are made. He is the type of person that believes that if you can't get what you want the first time, change the rules to your favor while no one is looking the second time !

Wtf! This is a standup shop with a great group of guys. ****ing moonbats!

I've been to the shop quite a few times. The two guy at "Collector's" are really good guys. The store isn't hugh but they always seem to have guns and ammo at reasonable prices... not like lot of those some gun shops around that have hiked their prices for max profit because of shortages. I've sold guns and bought a few from them and they have always been fair traders and dealers.

panty wastes
Perfect! I lurv freudian typos!

He is the type of person that believes that if you can't get what you want the first time, change the rules to your favor while no one is looking the second time !
Isn't that what politicians are supposed to do? I think what this whole gun issue has done is wake up the population a little bit on just how sneaky some law-making really is. I don't know if it's enough to get people re-involved with their governmental processes, but one can hope.

We should start a panty drive and send them to Mowers house. It would be all too funny to have this fool start getting hundreds of pairs of panties in his mailbox daily.[laugh]

Yes as long as what you say THEIR view its ok to express it! The problem with moonbats is they never stop moving the goal post. That how Calf, NY and MA ended up so messed up! And as you see it just continues.... just like a cancer!

It's long overdue for some radical surgery and chemo.

- - - Updated - - -

We should start a panty drive and send them to Mowers house. It would be all too funny to have this fool start getting hundreds of pairs of panties in his mailbox daily.[laugh]

Let me know ASAP before I wash the DNA off mine. [smile]

In all fairess to Mr Chuck Mower we should read his actual statement to get a better measure of the man...

1) “Truthfully, I don’t understand why a good businessman would choose to send a message like that,” resident Chuck Mower said.
....So are you implying that because they posted this window display, and you don't like it, you are concluding that they are bad businessmen? Rather judgemental aren't you...and very wrong too!

“To depict the president with AK-47s crossed in front of him and link him with Stalin, Hitler and Mao, that’s way over the top.
.....Hey chuck, they are on seperate windows!. Obama was honored as gun salesman of the year for his interest and direct influence on the buying by Americans of thousands of semi automatic rifles, magazines and ammo. Single handedly without one tax dollar spent he boosted a sector of the economy! Chuck, if you see a linkage between the two window displays, well that linkage in your mind!

"It is a case of a legitimate business sending an illegitimate message,” Mower said.
......Illegitimate message??? I didn't know we had laws in Merrimack (NH or the USA) that define what is a legitimate and what is a illegitimate message! I checked and no such law exhists Chuck! (unless you want to write one next time your in office!)

The controversy over the storefront, which is in the town’s Reeds Ferry neighborhood about half-mile south of Bedford Road and down the street from the Shaw’s plaza, stands as a local example of heightened emotions that have developed on both sides of the nation’s gun issue since the mass school shooting in Newtown, Conn....

....as a Merrimack resident I can tell you all that there is no such "controversy" in the Town because of the shops sign!!!
'
“Guns have been around for a long time, and they’ll be around for a long time to come,” Mower said, adding that as a gun owner himself and a combat veteran who has been trained in firearm use, his objection is not to the legal ownership and use of guns but the giant message the shop’s display sends.
... You object to the sign Chuck? then don't shop there or read the sign... a really simple concept. Many people really like and enjoy the sign. I object to you trying to control a business and what they choose to display in their window!

“When we stray from what’s generally acceptable within the great bell curve to something on the fringe, it’s incumbent on us to stand up and say, ‘no, that’s not acceptable,’” Mower said.
....What do you mean "we"and "us" pale face? So let me get this right.... you are deciding what is 'straying", based on what..your moral compass? Its incumbent on us to stand up? The only "us" was you!

Mower, a school teacher in Litchfield who has long been civilly active in Merrimack, said the sight of such displays is unsettling for someone who regularly conducts drills to prepare for the unthinkable.
.... If your "unsettled" by the simple sight of a sign I'm not to sure I'd want you protecting my school children from real danger!

“We have lockdown drills where we have to take the children and hide,” he said. “We try to give them appropriate messages about these things. I take these things very seriously.”... y
.. You TRY to give them appropriate messages? Oh so you are telling me thay your job is to influence them what to think and how to act. Funny I thought that was what a parents job was! Those children are not you play thing to mold their minds into your version and concept of what is right and what is wrong! Oh way...maybe that is what you do think! Funny I thought that was at one time refered to as thought control / brain washing!

"Should a similar display ever pop up in school, Mower said, red flags would go up.
Red flags???" Why would a child expressing something in an art class cause "red flags" to go up?
Expressing ones self in school is politically not correct? A child can only think and express what the school allows?

“We certainly wouldn’t tolerate a display like this on (students’) shirts in school,” he said. “And I’m sure that if I ever saw a student sketching Obama with two AK-47s crossed in front of him, I’d be bringing it to the attention” of school administration.
Ah yes the thought police is alive and well with you Mr. Mower. Ah reporting on things you consider violations!
The kids in your school can think and say and wear only what you consider "acceptable"!

Your quite a piece of work Mr. Mower.. and to think the minds and thoughts of innocent children are being shape by you!

Last edited:
I'm going to have to go and check them out now...

As for the moonbat that complained... ESAD if you don't like it. It's not his business, so he has no ground to stand on. Oh, and it sounds like Chuck Mower is one of those "doomsday prepper's"... Running drills with kids, and he has issues with a pair of poster? WTF??

It sounds like he's a school teacher.

and a douche.

I've never been there. I shot them an email and commended them for sticking up for their 1st amendment rights and said I'd be stopping in to check them out as soon as I get some time.

Make sure at least some of them are used, and haven't been washed. Seal them up in plastic bags before boxing, and then let them cook a bit someplace warm to get them nice and ripe. I can only imagine the look on his face when he opens the first box up... [rofl2]

Back
Top Bottom