NH Deer License Question

The in-laws have fruit orchards in NH and the land is always filthy with deer and turkeys, even with the deer fences. In previous years they would arrange for local hunters to come in and clear out the deer and keep or donate the meat to a worthwhile food pantry. They have not done this in years, though.

At this time, I have not gone through the NH hunter's training course, and I have not applied for a NH hunting license. Would I be allowed to take a deer using a depredation permit on our farm without any other licenses? Would I need a tag? Do I have to take it to a station to report it?

Thanks for your help.

assuming you have a mass license that's all you would need to buy a New Hampshire license, I think one tag is $100 though.

Not to derail, but I have NH license question as well:

Can I hunt (deer) with a bow with just the regular (non-resident) hunting license during the gun season? Or would I still need the archery license/tag during the regular firearm season?

Not to derail, but I have NH license question as well:

Can I hunt (deer) with a bow with just the regular (non-resident) hunting license during the gun season? Or would I still need the archery license/tag during the regular firearm season?

you need an archery tag to take a deer with a bow. to get an NH archery tag you need to have taken a bowhunter course

IIRC, on your property you're allowed to take one deer without a license, annually.
Not positive, but got this from a NH native who questioned it

i also have a tag.

OP to get your license go do the texas course online. complete the texas course and they send you a temporary license that's a PDF. send the printed PDF and the license request to concord and you'll get your NH hunting license. [cheers]

why is this a big deal? because NH accepts the TX license as an out of state license which fulfills the requirement to have either taken the NH course/field day, or to have held a license out of state.

I've got to get a non resident NH license I much prefer gun hunting and I'm better at it for sure. I like to get up and move and I'm 5 miles from the border roughly.

Anyone know if my current mass hunting license will get me a NH non resident license? I didn't need hunter safety as I had s license prior to the requirement

I've got to get a non resident NH license I much prefer gun hunting and I'm better at it for sure. I like to get up and move and I'm 5 miles from the border roughly.

Anyone know if my current mass hunting license will get me a NH non resident license? I didn't need hunter safety as I had s license prior to the requirement

If you have a hunting license from another state, you should be good. Just can't do it online I believe for your first one. I could be wrong on the last part.

Reviving this thread because I have similar but not identical questions.

1. I have a MA Hunting license but do not have a NH license. Do I need to apply in person the first time?
2. Do they "run out" of deer tags? If so, when does that normally happen?
3. Do I need different licenses for coyote, pheasant, and deer?

Thanks in advance for the help.

IIRC, on your property you're allowed to take one deer without a license, annually.
Not positive, but got this from a NH native who questioned it

You still need to obey season and bag limits. And you must actually own the property.

Reviving this thread because I have similar but not identical questions.

1. I have a MA Hunting license but do not have a NH license. Do I need to apply in person the first time?
2. Do they "run out" of deer tags? If so, when does that normally happen?
3. Do I need different licenses for coyote, pheasant, and deer?

Thanks in advance for the help.

So.... crickets? I mean, other than a response to a two year old argument?

Are you talking rifle, bow, or both? You need to have completed a hunter safety course or an Archery course or boh. Then you go to any place in NH that sells licenses and buy one or go here to purchase online.

NH doesn't restrict the number of deer tags.

Everything you ever wanted to know about hunting in NH amazingly enough can be found here .

I tried the website first.
I have a MA hunting license.
There was something about not being able to get a first time license online.
Thank you.

I was on a phone and struggling.

Figured I might get clear advice here...

they list the licensing agents here: http://www.wildlife.state.nh.us/licensing/agents.html

first time buyer, you must buy it from an agent, in person.

looks like you cant get one from walmart, but next year you could after you're "in the system"
**WAL-MART NOTES: To buy hunting and/or archery licenses at a Wal-Mart you must have held a NH hunting or archery license in the year 2000 or later.

EDIT: also looks like snail mail is an option via this form:http://www.wildlife.state.nh.us/licensing/documents/printable-license-app.pdf

in all cases you'll need either a previously held MA hunting license or a hunter's ed certificate.

that's all I got, (any NH residents correct me if I screwed it up)[smile]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom