• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH: Constitutional Carry HB536 and Preemption "Campus Carry" HB334, up for vote....

These two bills are on the agenda for the NH House next week.
The House is in Session to close out 2011 on January 4th.
Please let your legislator know if you want to see these bills passed.

HB536:
http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/legislation/amendments/2011-2679H.html
http://gencourt.state.nh.us/bill_st...=&txtsessionyear=2011&txtbillnumber=hb536&q=1

HB334:
http://gencourt.state.nh.us/bill_st...=&txtsessionyear=2011&txtbillnumber=hb334&q=1
http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/legislation/amendments/2011-2563H.html

Although the CC bill was watered down, I see no issues with passing this version. It is still a step forward.

Regards,
Rep. Hoell

I'll be writing tomorrow. I want to get both of them passed. I know in the past my state senator has voted very well for gun rights. I just moved so I have no idea about my reps. We'll find out. Hopefully, they have some common sense to vote for liberty.

It's also nice to see a legislature that sees the 2nd Amendment as protecting more than guns--after all, if "arms" were compeletly synonymous with firearms, why add the prefix "fire"?

While I'm personally not a fan of using a knife for self-defense, it certainly should be one's right to choose that method if it suits them.

Last edited:
HB536 looks much cleaner than the previous attempts, almost minimalistic. I like it, and will say as much to my state reps.

I'm confused about 334--This is saying that state universities can't ban guns, right?

My understanding was that state pre-emption already covered this, but the universities were illegally ignoring it. Surely the right way to fix that is to file charges against the administrators?

Or have I missed court precedent cases on this?

Here is the response I got from one of my reps, Josh Davenport:

Mr. Hxxt,

I'll make sure to check out the bills you referenced. I am a liberty guy myself, and know the importance of protecting natural rights.

Josh

His response is certainly not awe inspiring.

Bump...
The voting may come this week for:
HB125 Firearms made in NH,
HB194 Long guns in cars,
HB334 Statewide pre-emption, prohibiting local regulation ,
HB536 Constitutional Carry.
Please keep bumping this to the top.

HB125 sounds interesting. Looks like it has teeth too, though numerous questions arise if it passed. Who would want to be the test case, and will the state actually enforce it?

HB125 sounds interesting. Looks like it has teeth too, though numerous questions arise if it passed. Who would want to be the test case, and will the state actually enforce it?

As an engineer I would love be the test case and open up shop if that were to pass.

As an engineer I would love be the test case and open up shop if that were to pass.
It will have to be someone who isn't already an FFL, which leaves out all the existing makers alread in NH.

You don't have to engineer a new design, though. The CNC recipes are out there for the most popular platforms. Any modern machine shop can crank out guns left and right.

I think I heard:
187 affirmative
144 negative

for a preliminary vote?

I'm trying to listen at work...can't turn it up.

Looks like it would allow us to buy all the NFA goodies we want without any BATFE say. (provided they are manufactured in NH and stay in NH)

Looks like it would allow us to buy all the NFA goodies we want without any BATFE say. (provided they are manufactured in NH and stay in NH)

If that happens I will be moving to NH and would hope more MG products would be manufactured there.

Am I dense or what? I'm not understanding which of the bills that those votes listed above are for.

It was HB334 that was voted on. They voted in favor of it but I think Lynch said he would veto it.
I think the way NH Legislature works is that if there is a 2/3 majority vote then they can override his veto.

It will have to be someone who isn't already an FFL, which leaves out all the existing makers alread in NH.

You don't have to engineer a new design, though. The CNC recipes are out there for the most popular platforms. Any modern machine shop can crank out guns left and right.

I'm not an FFL. Also wasn't saying you needed to be an engineer, just pointing out that as one I have an inclination toward making things.

HB334 passes

HB334 did pass, but without a veto proof majority. If you want to see this pass, you need to continue to call to get other reps to support the override when the promised veto happens.

HB536 is on the calendar for tomorrow.
-design

It's so refreshing to look at these Roll Calls and see my reps voting the right way. Thank you Reps Sanborn and Lindsley, keep up the good work!

While this is excellent, we need a two thirds in both the House and Senate. This is why it is imperative to keep the pressure to all our reps to get the 2/3rds needed. We all know deep in our hearts that Flynch will veto and need ALL the votes against the veto.

Back
Top Bottom