• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH Constitutional Carry - Explain this

basscatfrank

NES Member
From an article in today's Union Leader:

As legislation to repeal New Hampshire's decades-old concealed carry permit statute heads to Gov. Chris Sununu's desk, some Granite Staters with more than a passing familiarity with guns are voicing concern while others are thrilled with the bill's promised signing.

Northwood Police Chief Glen Drolet, president of the New Hampshire Association of Chiefs of Police, believes the change will make police work more dangerous.

Under the current law, officers arriving at a police call or making a stop have the benefit of knowing whether their local chief has issued a permit for someone to carry a concealed handgun, said Drolet.

"It was kind of our one leg up," Drolet said Friday. - See more at: http://www.unionleader.com/apps/pbc...&lopenr=170219808&Ref=AR#sthash.4XF0ljnX.dpuf

Constitutional Carry will create blood in the streets and super predators that will eat the heads off of live babies. So sez hack journo.

From an article in today's Union Leader:

As legislation to repeal New Hampshire's decades-old concealed carry permit statute heads to Gov. Chris Sununu's desk, some Granite Staters with more than a passing familiarity with guns are voicing concern while others are thrilled with the bill's promised signing.

Northwood Police Chief Glen Drolet, president of the New Hampshire Association of Chiefs of Police, believes the change will make police work more dangerous.

Under the current law, officers arriving at a police call or making a stop have the benefit of knowing whether their local chief has issued a permit for someone to carry a concealed handgun, said Drolet.

"It was kind of our one leg up," Drolet said Friday. - See more at: http://www.unionleader.com/apps/pbc...&lopenr=170219808&Ref=AR#sthash.4XF0ljnX.dpuf

I believe he is an anti... I believe he also denied a PRL to someone and it was overturned in Court?

DarthRevan - Could You Please Post the Answer

I understand his question to be: is there a centralized database of license holders in NH as there are in other states that can be searched by an LEO? I would think not if the permit is issued by the local Chief (as opposed to a non-resident permit issued by the SP).

Can anyone say definitively that there is or is not a database of all permit holders in NH that can be searched by an LEO computer during a traffic stop?

"Ducharme, who lives in Manchester, said she can't even get her basement finished without a permit. "Why wouldn't a person who has a gun not need a permit? It's crazy."

I always forget about that 28th amendment right to bear low pile carpeting and drop ceilings.

How's that "leg up" work if the "perps" are open carrying, which has always been possible without a permit.

Why are they more worried about 'concealed' carry? What possible different does it make concealed/open if the popo are there investigating a crime? Is it any more a crime if the guy who shot or robbed someone pulled their gat from IWB vs OWB, and whether or not they have a tactical vest concealment garment?

Back
Top Bottom