• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH concealed carry renewal

On Wednesday evening I dropped off my paperwork for my NH resident concealed carry permit renewal, just got a call from my local PD saying I can pick it up after 1700 today. Less than forty eight hours to be notified! I wish MA could do that.

For all my brothers and sisters stuck behind enemy lines in the PRM, come North and enjoy the smell of freedom where 30rd P-MAGs are easily found [smile]

Be careful. I made a light-heated post detailing the 'trouble" I went through renewing my license and was set upon by an angry mob.

I live in one of those slow towns[sad2].
It usually takes the full 2 weeks.

Although, it might be due to the fact we only have one FT officer.
Hell, my first one, I was having trouble hooking up with an officer at the station (not usually someone there).
Ended up, the chief came to my house to sign the slip on my kitchen counter.

Hell, my first one, I was having trouble hooking up with an officer at the station (not usually someone there).
Ended up, the chief came to my house to sign the slip on my kitchen counter.

Can you imagine the amount of heart attacks this would cause if someone posted that this happened here in Mass?

I can imagine the posts:

"I call BS"
"Pics or it didn't happen."
"LIES!"

~SW

Reminds me to pick up the renewal I dropped off a few weeks back. They don't call you in Bedford, NH anymore when it's ready...

I had a bit of a tangle when I dropped it off. The desk officer said they had a new electronic fingerprint machine and the cost had gone up from $5 to $12 for prints. I said that I am applying for a resident NH renewal and don't need prints. She said then I won't be getting a renewed permit. I called back and had a talk with the Chief's office and they appologized and said they would make sure the desk officers knew the machine was not for resident permits.

The new Chief is a former big city DEA guy, so I was wondering if there was something going on, but thankfully not. Just as easy as ever (for us honest folk).

Reminds me to pick up the renewal I dropped off a few weeks back. They don't call you in Bedford, NH anymore when it's ready...

I had a bit of a tangle when I dropped it off. The desk officer said they had a new electronic fingerprint machine and the cost had gone up from $5 to $12 for prints. I said that I am applying for a resident NH renewal and don't need prints. She said then I won't be getting a renewed permit. I called back and had a talk with the Chief's office and they appologized and said they would make sure the desk officers knew the machine was not for resident permits.

The new Chief is a former big city DEA guy, so I was wondering if there was something going on, but thankfully not. Just as easy as ever (for us honest folk).

Good to hear since this would not be legal. Speaking of are you suggesting that NH NonRes licenses require fingerprints? If so I've never heard of such a thing and didn't think that was legal either.

I think they pull prints from the FBI? I just applied for my non-resident NH license and could swear that i saw somewhere that part of the $100 fee went to paying for prints that .gov had on us from when we applied for our mass license. i could be wrong...

Good to hear since this would not be legal. Speaking of are you suggesting that NH NonRes licenses require fingerprints? If so I've never heard of such a thing and didn't think that was legal either.

When I picked up my permit Saturday, I asked the desk officer what the new fingerprint machine charge was all about. He said mostly for people who need prints for an employment background check. I know NH doesn't require them for a state-issued criminal background check, but I guess some employers do.

I asked if they are free if I get arrested. He laughed and said they would throw in a blanket and free meal too if I wanted to save the twelve bucks [laugh]

Lucky! I love NH so much. I live there about 2 months a year. Not enough to be a resident though because I still live in MA and have everything down here. Enjoy NH and all the guns you can get.

When the N.H. non resident permit was paper, you could renew on the spot if you went to the state police in concord. I walked in with my old permit and walked out with my new one in about 15 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom