NH CONCEAL CARRY LAW

Huh?

If you are asking how to carry in NH:

If you have a non-resident concealed carry permit, carry concealed.

If not, open carry. When transporting on your person in a vehicle, gun must be unloaded.

Without a NH P&R license...

Outside the car you can either OC loaded, or CC unloaded with no ammo on you.

In the car the firearm must be unloaded (there is case law suggesting the magazines must also be unloaded).

Ok, I have a CCW non-res. I'm a commiewealth res. I must conceal within Mass.

Stage is set, yes?

I CCW in Mass, cross the border, pull said pistola from my britches and lay it on the passenger seat. Am I still kosher? Yes, the chamber/magazine are still fully armed and lethal.

CCW non-res in NH?

Yes, you're kosher so long as you have that NH non-resident license.

However, laying a pistol on the seat is unwise if you think you might need to use it. Almost any situation in which you might take up a gun while driving will almost certainly be preceded by evasive braking or steering. Good luck finding that pistol when you need it, when it's up under the dash or off in a door pocket.

Yes, you're kosher so long as you have that NH non-resident license.

However, laying a pistol on the seat is unwise if you think you might need to use it. Almost any situation in which you might take up a gun while driving will almost certainly be preceded by evasive braking or steering. Good luck finding that pistol when you need it, when it's up under the dash or off in a door pocket.

+1

Ok, I have a CCW non-res. I'm a commiewealth res. I must conceal within Mass.

Stage is set, yes?

I CCW in Mass, cross the border, pull said pistola from my britches and lay it on the passenger seat. Am I still kosher? Yes, the chamber/magazine are still fully armed and lethal.
Legal, yes. But laying your gun on the seat is a really bad idea. You hit the brakes for the idiot you cut you off and your pistol will go flying.

Anyone ever consider reading the NH gun laws? Jack

It would confuse many people here who don't understand the concept of "what is not illegal is legal by default".

How many times have you seen someone from Mass post here a variation of this question:

"I have a MA LTC-A (like anyone cares) and I'm going to (insert state here) with guns and I don't know if I can do X. I read their laws but they don't say that I can".

I find it very odd that Wisconsin doesn't issue permits. Illinois and DC, meh, paranoia of the 'tards in charge, but Wi? Somebody, enlighten this poor, sorry excuse for a gun carrier (easy with the flames here [wink])

Wisconsin has a CC bill in the works as we speak. Looks like it might pass, too.

"Live Free or Die" it days it right on the plate lol Jose is on the money with this laws are not written to give you permission to do things. If there is no law forbidding its legal. If your taking a gun to NH sit down on their .gov web site and spend ten minutes reading their laws first hand. They are pretty cut and dry straight forward they don't get much simpler. Get your info right from the horses mouth.

"Live Free or Die" it days it right on the plate lol Jose is on the money with this laws are not written to give you permission to do things. If there is no law forbidding its legal. If your taking a gun to NH sit down on their .gov web site and spend ten minutes reading their laws first hand. They are pretty cut and dry straight forward they don't get much simpler. Get your info right from the horses mouth.

+1

NO ! Any loaded handgun inside a vehicle is considered concealed, you are required to unload.
As suggested, folks need to research the laws of any state they are visiting.

How about OC while riding a motorcycle without non resident license?

Your question was answered in post No.2. You're not in a vehicle, you're on it.

Huh?

If you are asking how to carry in NH:

If you have a non-resident concealed carry permit, carry concealed.

If not, open carry. When transporting on your person in a vehicle, gun must be unloaded.

I CCW in Mass, cross the border, pull said pistola from my britches and lay it on the passenger seat. Am I still kosher? Yes, the chamber/magazine are still fully armed and lethal

Why would you take the gun out and put it on the seat? If you have a nonres you can carry it like you normally would in an MV. There's nothing in the law that says that you must unconceal it in an MV, if you have the license.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom