• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH Committee Passes Repeal of SYG

What about temporary residents with vacation property there? Is a small, seasonal trailer or cabin a "domicile"?

I believe as long as they don't vote in another state, they are allowed to vote in NH. I am open to correction on this...

First Response:
Hopefully it'll be a large one...or you could consider moving...or you could gtaffaard!

Cripes! Are these guys losing their marbles? (for those that don't know, GTAFFAARD means Go Take A Flying **** At A Rolling Doughnut....)

A real class act...[sad2]

Given what I've been told (repeatedly, and by many different people), "outsiders" getting too aggressive about expressing themselves on matters politican isn't appreciated, at least until they've been around awhile, I'm a little reluctant to start hammering my future reps with letters.

Don't be too sure about that. I've been Facebook friends with several elected NH folks since way before we moved. At least two current reps sent me friend requests based on my comments (which they had seen via mutual friends). Same for my county GOP chairman. Recently retired state senator John Gallus read my "letter from a future constituent" into the record during the floor debate on the first attempt at a smoking ban (when was that, 2005 or 2006?), and we didn't even move until 2012. He also regularly emailed me about real estate listings of interest -- not automated spam, but actual, personalized, emails about property that he knew met our criteria.

The great thing about 400 reps and 24 senators, is that they really are your neighbors, and neighborly.

I was really thinking about moving there, but now I'm not so sure. Until I see NH voters start to really change their ways, I now just see them as Massachusetts lite.

Same here. And I grew up there!

Add DC controlling everything, NH is no different than San Fransisco.

Seceede! I'm in [smile]

Cripes! Are these guys losing their marbles? (for those that don't know, GTAFFAARD means Go Take A Flying **** At A Rolling Doughnut....)

A real class act...[sad2]

Like many people who are large, loud, mercurial, and accustomed to getting their way through verbal bombastics and no small amount of physical intimidation, Steve Vaillancourt has good reason to hope other people aren't carrying guns.

He is a bully who is all over the map, and no friend even when he's an ally -- because he will turn in an instant if he feels insulted.

Design, should we email the turncoats on this or will they even care? Especially if we're not their constituent?

Just curious if there's an impact.

If there is, I'll write.

I have a horrible memory does anyone recall the article not too long ago where the guy went off his property to defend a neighbor and IIRC he shot a dog but was then charged because he was not on his own property?

Tread carefully until you get your bearings...for instance, I won't speak out about the school board elections because I don't yet have the proper context or info on the candidates. That is polite and responsible.

But I will darn well let my legiscritters know about principles. The locals can think I am rude if they like. I would think much worse of someone who would begrudge me my rights due to the length of my residency.

Methinks you're right. Perhaps I SHOULD send them some correspondence, especially as I WILL be a voter come their reelection campaigns.

Last edited:
Looks like he's posting emails on his blog...

I saw that and I am livid.

I posted a comment to his blog:

Instead of responding to discuss, you publicly publish and trivialize? I didn't send my email in "hate". I sent it to give you my opinion and see what your response would be. Now I have seen your response. Do you think so little of your fellow New Hampshire residents? Do you think so little of your constituents?

It seems trivial to share your opinion.... Is it so difficult to listen to others?

Looks like he feels he hasn't received enough 'hate email' on this topic:

I was wrong. As I was walking in from the parking lot today, I bet with myself that there would be ten "hate emails" regarding my stand on House Bill 135; the so-called stand your ground bill. I guess it all depends on how one defines "hate emails" but if we would consider them so negative that a thoughtful person would not send them if he or she thought twice about it--a fairly good definition--I've only received three.

he ends this blog entry with this comment:
Of course my response to that threat to challenge is that since this simply takes us back to what was law for 34 years, why was it not challenged then. I am 99.99 percent sure no challenge will succeed, but of course anyone with half a brain (even less than half a brain) is entitled to sue!

Emphasis is his!

I believe it was Vailancourf that throughout the committee hearings kept asking people something similar to 'do you know of anyone that has sued in the court system over this?' Perhaps he doesn't know how much it would cost someone to sue in court!?!?!?! Do we have anyone that can spare hundreds of thousands of dollars to defend what is a 2A right?

Source: NH INSIDER- Your Source for NH Politics - Rep Steve Vaillancourt - Stand Your Ground "Hate Emails" Minimal

Last edited:
Vallincourt is on the lunatic fringe part of the GOP in NH. Not libertarian, just plain lunatic.

Hopefully he loses his shirt come 2014.

CORRECT he is an attention buffoon. If yo recall he wad tossed out of the house for giving a Nazi salute. Everyone of these a**h***s should be removed and there had to be an ongoing vigilance to do so. Although truth be told of the perp is taken out, I tried to escape ;)

Looks like he feels he hasn't received enough 'hate email' on this topic:
he ends this blog entry with this comment:
Emphasis is his!
I believe it was Vailancourf that throughout the committee hearings kept asking people something similar to 'do you know of anyone that has sued in the court system over this?' Perhaps he doesn't know how much it would cost someone to sue in court!?!?!?! Do we have anyone that can spare hundreds of thousands of dollars to defend what is a 2A right?

Source: NH INSIDER- Your Source for NH Politics - Rep Steve Vaillancourt - Stand Your Ground "Hate Emails" Minimal
Hey Vallincourt, when you are getting hate emails for writing laws that criminalize the victims of violent crime, perhaps you should take that to mean you are doing it wrong? Just a thought?

The only upside of all this nonsense is that they have put all the conspiracy and partisan nonsense to rest and made a lot of people realize what is going on and that they need to get involved and flush the toilet that is progressive governance.

Sounds like a MA**hole that relocated to NH and brought the cancer with him.
Don't be fooled, this cancer has metastasized. It is everywhere, it started nearly 100 years ago if not before. It grew through the primary schools and universities, the news media, the entertainment media and from within cities.

It is the convergence of two forces: the childish/naive ideas of Marxist "fairness" from the bottom coupled with displaced monarchy/nobility fighting to regain their power lost in the last 300 years from the top. It is not just a MA problem and writing it off as such won't accomplish anything.

Letter sent to me today(USPS) by NHFC:
March 4th 2013.

Dear Representative,

The New Hampshire Firearms Coalition is an organization comprised of law abiding firearms owners, manufacturers and dealers.

There are several bills before you this week that are of significant importance to firearms owners in the state of NH.

HB 382-FN

HB 382-FN recognizes the God Given Rights all men have, as codified in Article 2 and 2a of the NH Constitution, to protect themselves and their property by carrying a pistol or revolver on their person within the state.

In 2009, the fee for obtaining a pistol license was increased 500 percent. The license fee was never intended to be a tax to balance the state budget. Citizens should not be taxed to exercise their Constitutional Rights.

HB 382-FN will reduce the Tax demanded by the State to the 2009 level.

By making the fee affordable again, New Hampshire will increase the number of people applying for the license. Thus more people will come to our state for vacations, hunting and sporting events that would enhance other revenues in ways that have not been accounted for.

It is the steadfast position of the New Hampshire Firearms Coalition that there should be no fee whatsoever to exercise any God given right, including the right to carry a firearm. The wisest move the Legislature can make is to eliminate the burden on those that would otherwise travel to our State and bring their business with them.

With that in mind NHFC asks you to oppose the CJ&PS committee's recommendation of ITL and support a OTP motion for HB 382.

HB 498

Current law requires written permission from the chief of police to discharge a firearm within a compact zone. However, the definition of “compact zone” is broad enough to limit the safe exercise of ones rights in significant portions of the state.

NH citizens should not be forced to beg for permission from their chief in order exercise their right to practice with a firearm.

NH Chiefs are reluctant to take on the perceived liability from deeming each situation "safe", thus making the current law dysfunctional!

HB 498 proposes the removal of the requirement under RSA 644:13 to alert the local police prior to a discharge of a firearm or cannon in connection with a military funeral, national holiday or other military commemorations in "compact zones." The Criminal Justice and Public Safety Committee has voted 13-6 to recommend killing this bill.

The current text of the bill creates separate classes of citizens and it is bad public policy to create separate classes of citizens.

The real burden of RSA 644:13 lies on individual homeowners within Rural Residential Districts. Although they are often bordered by ample open space behind their houses to safely practice with their firearms, they are denied the right to do so because of the side setback requirements. The New Hampshire Firearms Coalition urges the complete repeal of RSA 644:13, thru a floor amendment.

Other statues already address the safe discharge of Firearms. Current law only restricts the Rights of the law abiding! The Floor Amendment will also address the concerns of HB498's sponsors.

We will be informing our members about the actions you take on this and other legislation.
Rep. Hoell

Rep. Vaillancourt,

Since I cannot have the pleasure of not voting for you in the next election because I am not in your district -- I will send a donation to your opponent and make sure that other Gun Owners in NH do the same. Democrat or Republican doesn't matter.

Sincerely,
Radics

First Response:
Hopefully it'll be a large one...or you could consider moving...or you could gtaffaard!

Second Response (none from me):
Most likely the person you contribute to will be even more anti-gun than you claim I am since it was only through my amendment that we managed to strip two sections of the bill out. He or she will probably be a big tax and spender as well. Open your eyes!

My response:
You need to open your eyes and see what you have done... Protection of my family utmost importance!!

Very nice language...

The politicians have no respect... maybe I was little hard but respectful.

Last night I was thinking about Vaillancourt telling you to "gtaffaard." In what world is it acceptable for a politician to speak to someone like that? Seriously, when did elected officials start acting like twelve year old kids?

A guy like that should be ashamed of himself.

Could you imagine a state rep fifty or seventy five years ago telling a resident to "go take a flying **** at a rolling donut"? Jesus H. Christ, if someone said that to my grandfather's face he would have knocked them out.

This is what happens when politicians stop fearing the citizens.

Last night I was thinking about Vaillancourt telling you to "gtaffaard." In what world is it acceptable for a politician to speak to someone like that? Seriously, when did elected officials start acting like twelve year old kids?

A guy like that should be ashamed of himself.

Could you imagine a state rep fifty or seventy five years ago telling a resident to "go take a flying **** at a rolling donut"? Jesus H. Christ, if someone said that to my grandfather's face he would have knocked them out.

This is what happens when politicians stop fearing the citizens.

I know... Trust me I'm fuming right now. Another thing is that the NRA gave him a D for gun rights and he's acting like that's the first time that he's gone against gun owners.

And this is a great example of the legislators that have destroyed the brand identity of the republicans...

I know... Trust me I'm fuming right now. Another thing is that the NRA gave him a D for gun rights and he's acting like that's the first time that he's gone against gun owners.
there seem to be a number of Democrats that have repeated the mantra of "I'm not trying to take away your 2A rights, but..." often enough that they have started to believe their blatant attacks on our 2A rights are not. They've been smoking too much decriminalized weed I guess. [laugh]

My suggestion was that they moved here LEGALLY. Do the paperwork and as I said if they want to move back to mass take all the nice handguns back with them for the trouble.

You can't play the ACORN or SEIU games and be 100% legal, because playing their game would mean our "guest voters" would also be voting absentee in their true home districts, and casting ballots not just in our districts, but at least 4-5 other districts on the same day.

Back
Top Bottom