NH cartoonist attacks the gun owners and the legislators...

The biggest factor on property taxes in NH is the particular town that you live in.

We live in a small "nothing" NH town with 1500 family pop and 1 volunteer FD.

If our same property were 1 town over, that would result in approx 2x the annual property tax cost.

Then there are towns that are even worse with their property tax rates, like Hudson, Londonderry, Hollis, etc. etc.

Yep. Browsing neren last night, there is a 20 acre listing in Tamworth where he is paying $22K a year. Also a 55 acre listing in Monroe where he is paying $1200 a year. While the Tamworth house IS better when you look at improvements to the land, there are all sorts of different tricks, current use, town you live in, etc.

Every time I look at property here, I pull the tax card from the town's site. I've been using that property tax link for a few years-great reference.

Yeah well.....my uncle is in ICU with covid. He's been a "f*** you and your mask" guy since day one. Hope he makes it through......they almost had to intibate last night.

Hopefully your uncle makes a full recovery. But, do you really think a mask would have made a difference? Also, I see you said he is in ICU with COVID, not in ICU because of COVID. Big difference. In either case, wish him the best.

Hopefully your uncle makes a full recovery. But, do you really think a mask would have made a difference? Also, I see you said he is in ICU with COVID, not in ICU because of COVID. Big difference. In either case, wish him the best.

My opinion on the mask I covered in another response to this thread.....you should probably read it.

Hes in the hospital BECAUSE HE HAS COVID AND THATS IT.
.....can't f***ing breath.....and was put in an induced coma and on a ventilator early this morming. He's strong as a bull otherwise and has had no health issues other than this week when he came down with a fever.....and couldn't breath. Some people do get it and die from it with no other underlying issues. Moving him to a bigger hospital today and it doesn't look good.

Understood.....and true. However if you read my original post I was picking on the nh residents that brag about no sales and no income tax.....but the property taxes are way higher. The result imo is a wash. Both nh and mass home owners pay about the same in actual practice. Kapish?
Hardly

Maybe.....maybe not. I wear a mask and don't bitch about it. If it provides even a small decrease in the chances of getting it I'm ok with it.

Morning update on my uncle.....my aunt called me a few minutes ago......they put him in a forced coma and a ventilator and moving him to a bigger hospital. He's 67 and strong as a bull. Raises livestock and cuts timber for fire wood business. Not looking too good.
I hope your uncle makes it. If you have not looked up off label use of Ivermectin, please do. This could save his life. PM for more details.

Yeah well.....my uncle is in ICU with covid. He's been a "f*** you and your mask" guy since day one. Hope he makes it through......they almost had to intibate last night.
Jesus, hope he does ok.

Statistics aren't on his side last I checked if they intubate.

How much taxes do the typical household in MA pay?
People like to bitch about NH property tax, but I have a 1400sq ft house on just under half an acre and pay 6k property tax. That is pretty common place on the east side of MA. Definitely so in my area of the south shore. Add on income taxes and the rest, yeah definitely over 10k for just myself.

Right now the person that bought my house in Chelmsford is paying more than I am paying for what I have here in Swanzey, NH (19 acres, 15 in Current use, House, Large Garage./Barn and smaller Garage). But I am doing something to make sure the taxes stay the same or even go down. I am Running for Selectman in this town.

Both nh and mass home owners pay about the same in actual practice. Kapish?
Are you assuming only one person in the NH house is saving on income tax? My wife and I save over 1k a month not having to pay MA income tax. Maybe owning a house while single its a wash but not if you're married and both working.

The biggest factor on property taxes in NH is the particular town that you live in.

We live in a small "nothing" NH town with 1500 family pop and 1 volunteer FD.

If our same property were 1 town over, that would result in approx 2x the annual property tax cost.

Then there are towns that are even worse with their property tax rates, like Hudson, Londonderry, Hollis, etc. etc.

This is so important when considering a move to NH. I moved here from MA in 2012. Taxes at the time were $2,500 a year. Five years later all the concerned Karen's had voted for a new school building, a new "public safety" complex and every other goddam thing they could think to approve. Taxes doubled in those fives years. Sold my house and moved one town over and taxes back down to $15 per thousand. You just gotta pick a town without a very stupid tax and spend philosophy.

I escaped from MA a little over 25 years ago. For the first few years I compared the difference in what I used to pay in MA versus what I was paying in NH. Despite my property tax bill being higher in NH, and at that it wasn't crazy higher, a lot more of my money stayed with me. Between the savings on excise taxes, sales tax, income tax, and MWRA bills, the disparity was substantial.

Mike Marland is a far left wing douche nozzle hack. I have yet to see any cartoon he has ever put in the communist monitor that wasn't full of half truths and/or outright lies.

Last edited:
Are you assuming only one person in the NH house is saving on income tax? My wife and I save over 1k a month not having to pay MA income tax. Maybe owning a house while single its a wash but not if you're married and both working.
There is also the added bonus that I got a lot more for my money being over the border too. I was putting offers on "ok" houses I didnt even want in MA that had $4500-5000 tax bills. I found a great home in NH with a $6200 tax bill at the time for the same money as the inferior houses in MA I was trying to buy. They get you on fees when you buy, but then its not too bad after that. You get hit with higher registration fees, but you dont pay excise tax, OR sales tax on the car, so you come out ahead.

There is also the added bonus that I got a lot more for my money being over the border too. I was putting offers on "ok" houses I didnt even want in MA that had $4500-5000 tax bills. I found a great home in NH with a $6200 tax bill at the time for the same money as the inferior houses in MA I was trying to buy. They get you on fees when you buy, but then its not too bad after that. You get hit with higher registration fees, but you dont pay excise tax, OR sales tax on the car, so you come out ahead.
Oh, we pay excise tax, it is the portion that goes to the town when you register every year. You just don't get a separate bill like they do in Mass.

I lived in Mass for the first 35 years of my life. The last 30 years of my life have been in NH. As a kid it was my dream to live here and I’m living the dream.
Everyone everywhere bitches about taxes.
I still carpetbag across the border into Mass for work. It literally makes my skin crawl to do it but I’ll take MIT’s money and benefits and suck it up for another year.
Fun fact states cannot tax a pension paid to an out of state resident.
I’ll move to frigging Russia before ever residing in the People Republic, er, Commonwealth again.

I’ll move to frigging Russia before ever residing in the People Republic, er, Commonwealth again.
emperor-palpatine-1555323736.jpg

Back
Top Bottom