• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH cartoonist attacks the gun owners and the legislators...

Left leaning cartoonist Mike Marland thought he was being funny with his cartoon. [cricles and check marks edits by NHFC] but it is clear that the joke is on him. In NH gun rights matter across all political parties.

#LiberalsOnTheRun

#GunRightsMatter

#MomsDestroyingAmerica would not be pleased...

BTW, we can do better then 2 out of 11 issues... We need to step up our game.

Guns in the 2021 legislature according to Mike Marland.png

Last edited:
How did he come to the conclusion that the GOP indorses higher property taxes. Is it because the GOP doesn't want a sales and an income tax?
Well.....nh property taxes tend to run much higher than a comparable house in mass. A fun fact most "live free or die" folks that brag about no income and sales tax like to ignore.

And before the nh folks start in......I have shit tons of family in nh and all they do is beeotch about nh property taxes.

But back on topic....I'm sure that is where the nh dems are spinning that from. 😁

Left leaning cartoonist Mike Marland thought he was being funny with his cartoon. [cricles and check marks edits by NHFC] but it is clear that the joke is on him. In NH gun rights matter across all political parties.

#LiberalsOnTheRun

#GunRightsMatter

#MomsDestroyingAmerica would not be pleased...

BTW, we can do better then 2 out of 11 issues... We need to step up our game.

View attachment 445090
Left Leaning you say....more like rabid dog Leftist azz hat.....this ain't the first time he has pizzed people off. He was bounced from several newspapers after his post 9-11 "cartoon" outraged many.

Well.....nh property taxes tend to run much higher than a comparable house in mass. A fun fact most "live free or die" folks that brag about no income and sales tax like to ignore.

And before the nh folks start in......I have shit tons of family in nh and all they do is beeotch about nh property taxes.

But back on topic....I'm sure that is where the nh dems are spinning that from. 😁
Property taxes are insane in NH. $30.00 or as much as $42 per thousand 😟?

I would still take NH over DPRMA but jeeze

Any NH home owner that bitches about property taxes has only themselves to blame! I vote against ALL spending...but 90% of the town votes for ALL spending. "I don't want high taxes...but I want the best schools for my little crotch fruit". I pay about $10,000 a year for taxes, but I had two kids in the school system that were costing the taxpayers $16,000 EACH for their mediocre education. $32,000!

That's property tax alone, what about the litany of other taxes and fees they whack you with?
Understood.....and true. However if you read my original post I was picking on the nh residents that brag about no sales and no income tax.....but the property taxes are way higher. The result imo is a wash. Both nh and mass home owners pay about the same in actual practice. Kapish?

We already did the math - in terms of property tax (which lest we forget here in Connecticut includes vehicles as well as every bit of property my business owns, down to paper clips and post-it notes), moving to New Hampshire property tax will be more or less a wash.

I get it. I was saying once all taxes are considered mass and NH are about equal for home owners.

I pay 6800 for an average 3 br 2.5 bath house, but am on six acres
I pay almost 10k, 2700 sq ft colonial, 32x32 garage with loft on 11+ acres in Salem. Almost ALL of the tax bill is for the crappy schools and lousy teaching staff. Funny they cry about being underpaid for working 6 months a year, and "have to buy suppliers with their own money", but at the end of the year they throw out $1000's in unused supplies....so they keep their bloated budget high.
As a side note concerning this, I bought an older computer tire balancer from the school auto shop for $250. Very good condition and only light use. Shop teacher said the had to spend $75,000 on equipment, so they were getting rid of fully functional equipment so they could spend this money.

Yeah, I hope your uncle pulls through, but you think a mask would have prevented him from getting sick?
Maybe.....maybe not. I wear a mask and don't bitch about it. If it provides even a small decrease in the chances of getting it I'm ok with it.

Morning update on my uncle.....my aunt called me a few minutes ago......they put him in a forced coma and a ventilator and moving him to a bigger hospital. He's 67 and strong as a bull. Raises livestock and cuts timber for fire wood business. Not looking too good.

I pay almost 10k, 2700 sq ft colonial, 32x32 garage with loft on 11+ acres in Salem. Almost ALL of the tax bill is for the crappy schools and lousy teaching staff. Funny they cry about being underpaid for working 6 months a year, and "have to buy suppliers with their own money", but at the end of the year they throw out $1000's in unused supplies....so they keep their bloated budget high.
As a side note concerning this, I bought an older computer tire balancer from the school auto shop for $250. Very good condition and only light use. Shop teacher said the had to spend $75,000 on equipment, so they were getting rid of fully functional equipment so they could spend this money.
Unbelievable.

The biggest factor on property taxes in NH is the particular town that you live in.

We live in a small "nothing" NH town with 1500 family pop and 1 volunteer FD.

If our same property were 1 town over, that would result in approx 2x the annual property tax cost.

Then there are towns that are even worse with their property tax rates, like Hudson, Londonderry, Hollis, etc. etc.

The biggest factor on property taxes in NH is the particular town that you live in.

We live in a small "nothing" NH town with 1500 family pop and 1 volunteer FD.

If our same property were 1 town over, that would result in approx 2x the annual property tax cost.

Then there are towns that are even worse with their property tax rates, like Hudson, Londonderry, Hollis, etc. etc.
2020 rates

Back
Top Bottom