NH Anti-gun bills in the Senate...

We need to make sure HB109 is roll called on the Senate amendment. Delay becomes automatic denial. Which means Government can ban all commercial sales by just sitting on their hands.
And most private sales will become classified as commercial.

If anyone wants to help write alerts about bills, please PM me. I could use some help.

And I think the founders were keenly aware of the this fact/tendency. I know the electoral college was drafted to address presidential elections, but the idea and principle is directly related to what you are talking about here. The founders knew we would have a problem with this. This problem pops up on the state level over and over again all over the country with regard legislation. It is democracy of the mob, which is tyranny.

I agree and I also think they assumed a well regulated government, operating within the literall bounds of the constitution (not some round about interpretation using progressive ideas unwritten), would protect us from any other potential shortcomings such to assure our freedoms intact.. What they didnt take into account was the last century of ignorance of the constitution.

It's terrifying that the only thing standing against NH going full retard with gun control is a governor that has to stand for re-election every two years.

That said, it does look like they pared back the UBC bill to just "mostly retard". The amendment removed the "pursuant to an advertisement/gun show" nonsense and added an exception for individuals as long as you can ascertain that both parties are not prohibited persons, which would probably exempt those with an LTC from any state. It also exempts family members, C&R holders, LE, and servicemembers.

So, who's called/written Sununu's office to urge him to veto?

Gov Sununu: 603-271-2121

I did...I usually don't get a chance to call his office until after hours so I have to leave a voice mail. Today I took the day off and actually talked to a carbon based unit.

Please call during office hours. Messages are good, but they can be 'ignored'. phone calls during the day need to be answered.

Under HB-514, a lot more NH folk will put in for the Federal C&R license. Cheap way to wallhack the waiting period.
That said, it does look like they pared back the UBC bill to just "mostly retard". The amendment removed the "pursuant to an advertisement/gun show" nonsense and added an exception for individuals as long as you can ascertain that both parties are not prohibited persons, which would probably exempt those with an LTC from any state. It also exempts family members, C&R holders, LE, and servicemembers.
As amended, seems that pretty much every sale is now a "Commercial Sale"?

The phrasing of that exception, specifically "If the status of an individual's eligibility to own or possess a firearm cannot be ascertained," is not good, is totally unlike the Federal wording of "knowing or having reasonable cause to believe that such person (is a prohibited person)" in 18 U.S.C. § 922.

Gov Sununu and General Donald Bolduc will be attending the American Legion, 37 Main St, Ashland NH, Spaghetti dinner on Friday June 21, 5 to 7 pm. Gen Bolduc is considering running against Shaheen. For more info, [email protected]

I believe both will be speaking.

I am with JPK on 'the email now and call during business hours!!!!'
Contact Governor Sununu | Governor Christopher T. Sununu

Office of the Governor
State House
107 North Main Street
Concord, NH 03301
(603) 271-2121

Hint: Add the Governor's number 603-271-2121 to your cell phone and put a post-it note on your wallet, or a meeting reminder in your calendar, during the work day, as a reminder.

Last edited:
We got Sheriffs? Might as well start getting them on the 2ndA Sanctuary bandwagon.

I’m sure Sheriffs have limited LE jurisdiction but they get good press when the go all 2ndA Sanctuary on gun laws. Even news about Sheriffs who *would* go 2ndA Sanctuary *if* new gun laws were passed is news. That’s a lesson from the gun grabbers.

Pre-news is unlimited - news is limited to what happened and the lies told afterwards. Being honest folk, we’ve less stomach for lying, so best get in early with pre-news.

Solomon touched upon 3 of the 4 unconstitutional self defense bills in the legislature but unfortunately failed to touch upon 696 which is the most arbitrary/egregious of the 4.....

Dave Solomon's State House Dome: Lawmakers send more than 120 bills to Sununu

696 has no statute of limitations, doesnt allow for an appeal, doesnt include standard evidentiary procedures, has no requirement that you get to face or even know who your accusor is......

JPK, HB696 is an outright gun confiscation bill. This is the most dangerous bill of all.

Under HB-514, a lot more NH folk will put in for the Federal C&R license. Cheap way to wallhack the waiting period.

As amended, seems that pretty much every sale is now a "Commercial Sale"?

The phrasing of that exception, specifically "If the status of an individual's eligibility to own or possess a firearm cannot be ascertained," is not good, is totally unlike the Federal wording of "knowing or having reasonable cause to believe that such person (is a prohibited person)" in 18 U.S.C. § 922.
Correct, every sale is now a commercial sale under the statute, but there are more enumerated exemptions to the conditions for commercial sales.

I think the waiting period is in a separate bill; I don't think a C&R is in there as an exemption to that one.

Here are the 4 bills again that you want to urge Gov Sununu to veto when you call his office

HB 109 (UBC) as amended the House Concurred with Senate amendment http://gencourt.state.nh.us/bill_status/billtext.aspx?sy=2019&txtFormat=amend&id=2019-2244S and will be heading to Sununu.

HB 514 (Wait period) also concurred by House with bill amended/passed by the senate http://gencourt.state.nh.us/bill_status/billtext.aspx?sy=2019&txtFormat=amend&id=2019-1959S and will be heading to Sununu

HB 564 (Firearms on school propt) Conference Committee Meeting: 06/19/2019 08:00 am LOB 207

HB 696 (Red Flag) Conference Committee Meeting: 06/17/2019 11:00 am LOB 204

Called and emailed. The leftist NH House and Senate has been throwing a ton of mud on the wall to see what will stick.
There are actually dozens of bills that he is being urged to veto. Let's hope these 4 make the cut.

[email protected]
Email first, but you must make a call as well.

Gov Sununu email address.

Called, but I don't see him vetoing anywhere near four bills. Maybe one.

Anyone remember Scott Brown or Kelly Ayotte? In NH the Gun groups are non-partisan and will make examples of Anti-gun republicans just as much as anti-gun Dems. Best way to kill a political career is to vote for an Anti-Freedom, Anti-Gun, Anti-Constitutional bill like the 4 listed above.

This is pretty disappointing......

GONH appears to be asleep at the wheel unless its all stealth behind the scenes.....https://gonh.org/......no update to the site or public alerts since Feb 12 of this year

NRA for the first time this year appears to be on the ball and put up a notice that the two previously mentioned bills had been concurred in house and would go to Sununu's desk.....and included a link to contact Sununu.....bravo

NRA-ILA | New Hampshire: House Concurs On Anti-Gun Bills

Hopefully this is the start of a trend and not a broken clock moment

So.....who's called/written Sununu today?

Is GONH even a viable entity any more?

I don't know if this is a good idea or counter productive/a waste of time, but the NHGOP has been blowing my email inbox up, should we maybe lean on them to lean on the Governor to ensure he vetoes all this garbage?

Back
Top Bottom