• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH Anti-gun bills in the Senate...

I guess all 4 bills go back to the house now as they are substantially altered by the senate.....still terrible bills. ... Now is the time to be reminding the governor that he needs to veto these bills WHEN they get to his desk

Any source for a visual "diff" between the house and senate versions, e.g. for HB109?

For those of us temporarily stuck with Democrat reps (who will never vote against these bills), it'd be nice to know if there's anything that can be brought up to them in relation to reconciling the house and senate versions.

Anybody hear anything about a Sununu veto on these yet??

Bills need to go back to the House to either Concur, Non-Concur or ask for a Committee of Conference (CoC)
We need to ask our reps to Roll Call those motions.

Any source for a visual "diff" between the house and senate versions, e.g. for HB109?

For those of us temporarily stuck with Democrat reps (who will never vote against these bills), it'd be nice to know if there's anything that can be brought up to them in relation to reconciling the house and senate versions.

Donate to the NHGOP, forward to your state Rep. a copy of the receipt of the donation to the Republican party and thank your rep profusely for their assistance in getting you to involved in politics and financially supporting a party that cares about the 2nd amendment. If you were an independent, let them know that in the same email, if this was your first political donation, let them know that as well.

Well, we can only hope that those who voted Donk cuz pissed at Trump or whatever, or stayed home for same, look at what the General Court has been up to and says, "Holy shit - what have we done?"

It'll be up to the NHGOP to communicate the correct message to cause that moment of enlightenment, so people are less inclined to repeat the mistake.

It'll be up to the NHGOP to communicate the correct message to cause that moment of enlightenment, so people are less inclined to repeat the mistake.

I will say they seem to be working a bit harder/better this year, time will tell. I do feel better then Sununununununu decided not to run for higher office.

No matter how bad it gets here, NH will never be anywhere even close to the ass hattery of MA. EVER!
The question is, will both move in the direction of further asshattery? No question NH will remain far behind MA in that department, but that doesn't mean the directionality will be good.

They passed a bill a few years ago in NH (and Sununu signed it) that says if you think you're a little boy who thinks you're a girl, your psychiatrist isn't allowed to try to work it out. He just has to "affirm" it. They passed that bill before MA did, with little fanfare or outrage.

No update on Gencourt site since the senate passed the 4 bills below with amendments.

Wondering when we'll see an update on how/what next step is for Dems and whether it will be transparent/ posted on gencourt or if this is now going to be back room/non transparent corrupt bullshit

HB 109-FN, requiring background checks for commercial firearms sales.

HB 514-FN, imposing a waiting period between the purchase and delivery of a firearm.

HB 564, relative to possession of firearms on school property.

HB 696-FN, establishing a protective order for vulnerable adults

Check the calendar that should be published Friday. It will list all bills to be voted on June 5-6.

No matter how bad it gets here, NH will never be anywhere even close to the ass hattery of MA. EVER!

I wouldn't go jinxing things.
Even Ma, wasn't Ma. in my lifetime.
If you told me 40 years ago we would be where we are now I would have laughed in your face.
Less cocky and more fighting to kick these asshats out of your state unless you want to be right where we are now .

...Wondering when we'll see an update on how/what next step is for Dems and whether it will be transparent/ posted on gencourt or if this is now going to be back room/non transparent corrupt bullshit

I think you answered your own question here. Now, what to do about it? Gotta get to the inner circle somehow.

I wouldn't go jinxing things.
Even Ma, wasn't Ma. in my lifetime.
If you told me 40 years ago we would be where we are now I would have laughed in your face.
Less cocky and more fighting to kick these asshats out of your state unless you want to be right where we are now .
40 years ago MA was not even 3 years past voting down a total ban on handgun ownership, complete with confiscation.
David Kopel
But on March 9, 1976, the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court handed down its unanimous decision in Commonwealth v. Davis: there was no individual right to arms in Massachusetts. Period. Whatever the right had meant in 1780, as of 1976 nobody in Massachusetts had any right to keep or bear a firearm. A complete ban on all guns would be constitutional. The implication for the pending vote on handgun confiscation was obvious.
Also:
By far the most important, in the eyes of swing voters, were the police. Every major police organization in the state opposed handgun confiscation--including the Chiefs of Police Association, the State Police Association, the Boston Police Patrolmen's Association and the Sheriffs Association.
Perhaps surprised by the police opposition, diGrazia ordered the Planning and Research Department of the Boston Police Department to conduct the first national survey of police attitudes toward guns. The survey of leading police officials found that 82.8 percent did not believe that only the police should be allowed to have handguns.
How do you think such a ballot initiative in MA would go today and how would LEO attitudes toward firearm ownership stack up?

That has to be one of the most dishonest titles. The real title should be that they are redefining non commercial sales and forcing them to have background checks.

Almost every anti-gun bill seems to come with a dishonest title, but you're right - that one is blatantly not what it says it is. It is also a terribly worded mess that also eliminates the automatic proceed from a delay past the statutory maximum (i.e., a delay becomes a permanent denial without actually having to issue a denial).

40 years ago MA was not even 3 years past voting down a total ban on handgun ownership, complete with confiscation.
David Kopel

Also:

How do you think such a ballot initiative in MA would go today and how would LEO attitudes toward firearm ownership stack up?

I can tell you for a fact that outside of Boston no one gave a crap.
We walked down the sidewalk with our .22s to go shoot rats at the dump ZFG .
We had gun racks in the back windows of our pickups ZFG.
We would sit on the back deck and shoot ZFG.
I was bringing my shotgun on the school bus in the mid 70's to go hunt out behind the school ZFG.
The cancer spread outward from what MA. liberals consider the center of the universe (Boston)
If we knew then what we know now we should have driven every moonbat out of our towns on a rail tarred and feathered.

Hub -they call it the Hub.

Population centers that impose rules, regulations and laws on those in suburban and rural areas will be the downfall of the USA. Not my words...

Population centers that impose rules, regulations and laws on those in suburban and rural areas will be the downfall of the USA. Not my words...
Thing is, those "hubs" rely on resources from those suburban and rural areas - things that come to them over tenuous lines of logistics: goods (food, clothing, building materials), electricity, ...

That has to be one of the most dishonest titles. The real title should be that they are redefining non commercial sales and forcing them to have background checks.
Intentionally dishonest, because they claim it's about the non-existent "gun show loophole" and "unlicensed dealers".

They know there's no such thing, but they're willing to use the terminology to shut down private sales.

And I think the founders were keenly aware of the this fact/tendency. I know the electoral college was drafted to address presidential elections, but the idea and principle is directly related to what you are talking about here. The founders knew we would have a problem with this. This problem pops up on the state level over and over again all over the country with regard legislation. It is democracy of the mob, which is tyranny.

And I think the founders were keenly aware of the this fact/tendency. I know the electoral college was drafted to address presidential elections, but the idea and principle is directly related to what you are talking about here. The founders knew we would have a problem with this. This problem pops up on the state level over and over again all over the country with regard legislation. It is democracy of the mob, which is tyranny.

upload_2019-6-1_15-42-25.png

Back
Top Bottom