• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH Ammo and Gun Ban Public Hearing Feburary 13th at 1PM!

I honestly don't understand what the hell is happening here.

Only a few years ago, gun-rights supporters celebrated the end of a 30-year-long campaign for concealed-carry rights, when the last states with no concealed-carry law were forced to pass one. In 1985, the majority of states were no-issue for CCW permits, and most of the rest were may-issue. Today we have eight constitutional-carry states, and most of the rest are shall-issue. Only a few states remain may-issue. Stand-your-ground and "castle doctrine" laws have passed in how many states? more than a dozen? Gun sales have been through the roof for years, and more people than ever own one or more legal guns for whatever reason. No Democrat would say a word about gun control because they knew it was a sure way to alienate a big chunk of the voters.

And yet, today gun owners and gun-rights supporters are back on defense - and we're losing, and losing badly. It's like we've been transported back to the 1970s, when it seemed only a matter of time before private ownership of guns was outlawed completely.

What went wrong? How did we lose this much ground, this fast?

"it can't happen here" that's what they said in VT....until it did. Fight it like it can happen or it will.

I know and I watched that in it's entirety. I grew up in and actually became a gun owner when I became of age in Vermont. I tested all sorts of laws back in the 80s (Hint: There weren't any) so yeah I am quite familiar with that place and why the liberals were able to sweep the rug from under local fuddery. Honestly it does not compare. And this is a good thing.

The point I try to make that seems to be lost is this bill is a joke. Stop swimming toward the shiney lure and ontinue to sharpen the swords for the real thing. Maybe a few bold souls making statements is needed but surely the rally cry for all should be reserved for something more threatening?

Here are the sponsors. Make sure their behavior is reported to other citizens. These reps need to be removed from office.

HOUSE BILL 109-FN

AN ACT requiring background checks for commercial firearms sales.

SPONSORS: Rep. Rogers, Merr. 28; Rep. Huot, Belk. 3; Rep. Butler, Carr. 7; Rep. Berch, Ches. 1; Rep. Mulligan, Graf. 12; Rep. Heath, Hills. 14; Rep. Wallner, Merr. 10; Rep. Berrien, Rock. 18; Rep. M. Smith, Straf. 6; Rep. Oxenham, Sull. 1; Sen. Hennessey, Dist 5

COMMITTEE: Criminal Justice and Public Safety

Only a few years ago, gun-rights supporters celebrated the end of a 30-year-long campaign in favor on concealed carry, when the last states with no concealed-carry law were forced to pass one. In 1985, the majority of states were no-issue for CCW permits, and most of the rest were may-issue. Today we have eight constitutional-carry states, and most of the rest are shall-issue. Only a few states remain may-issue. Stand-your-ground and "castle doctrine" laws have passed in how many states? more than a dozen? Gun sales have been through the roof for years, and more people than ever own one or more legal guns for whatever reason. No Democrat would say a word about gun control because they knew it was a sure way to alienate a big chunk of the voters.

And yet, today gun owners and gun-rights supporters are back on defense - and we're losing, and losing badly. It's like we've been transported back to the 1970s, when it seemed only a matter of time before private ownership of guns was outlawed completely.

I think Dems are over confident lately for a few reasons mainly:
1. Media support
2. Taking the house

They are over posturing right now and overestimating their abilities. The "Trump , Anti Trump" dichotomy has the Dem opposition assuming they can take the field. However, even for lame duck conservative politicians this might be too far.

"it can't happen here" that's what they said in VT....until it did. Fight it like it can happen or it will.

I know and I watched that in it's entirety. I grew up in and actually became a gun owner when I became of age in Vermont. I tested all sorts of laws back in the 80s (Hint: There weren't any) so yeah I am quite familiar with that place and why the liberals were able to sweep the rug from under local fuddery. Honestly it does not compare. And this is a good thing.

The point I try to make that seems to be lost is this bill is a joke. Stop swimming toward the shiney lure and ontinue to sharpen the swords for the real thing. Maybe a few bold souls making statements is needed but surely the rally cry for all should be reserved for bigger battles?

I think Dems are over confident lately for a few reasons mainly:
1. Media support
2. Taking the house

They are over posturing right now and overestimating their abilities. The "Trump , Anti Trump" dichotomy has the Dem opposition assuming they can take the field. However, even for lame duck conservative politicians this might be too far.
This is it. With Trump as a foil, the left feels ascendant, and there's no such thing as too far left. The only thing that will end this is resounding electoral defeat, and unfortunately I don't think we're going to get that until Trump loses and the people get to see the results of whatever leftist freakshow succeeds him as president.

Only a few years ago, gun-rights supporters celebrated the end of a 30-year-long campaign for concealed-carry rights, when the last states with no concealed-carry law were forced to pass one. In 1985, the majority of states were no-issue for CCW permits, and most of the rest were may-issue. Today we have eight constitutional-carry states, and most of the rest are shall-issue. Only a few states remain may-issue. Stand-your-ground and "castle doctrine" laws have passed in how many states? more than a dozen? Gun sales have been through the roof for years, and more people than ever own one or more legal guns for whatever reason. No Democrat would say a word about gun control because they knew it was a sure way to alienate a big chunk of the voters.

Dems took over house and senate, elections have consequences. I believe this was an anti-Trump reaction and now we'll have to fight like hell. They're flinging a bunch of crap at the wall hoping something will stick (and it will).

List of all anti-2A bills:

HB 514 (2019)

Establishes a seven day waiting period for the delivery of a firearm or ammunition. There are some exceptions for rifle or shotgun purchases by hunters, law enforcement officers, and members of the armed forces.

HB 109 (2019)
Requires commercial sales and transfers of firearms to take place through licensed dealers who are required to perform background checks. If the status of either party's eligibility to own or possess a firearm cannot be ascertained in a private sale or transfer, the transaction must be completed through a licensed firearm dealer.

HB 101 (2019)
Allows a school district, school administrative unit (SAU), or charter school to ban or limit firearms and other weapons on school grounds.

HB 564 (2019)
Makes it a misdemeanor to carry a firearm in a safe school zone. ˙There are some exceptions, like if a person gets permission from the school board.

HB 687 (2019)
Establishes "extreme risk protection orders," based on evidence that there is "a significant risk of causing bodily injury to himself or herself or others," which would require the subject of the order to surrender any firearms to law enforcement.

HB 1749 (2018)
Gives the state exclusive authority to prohibit or regulate firearms, firearms components, ammunition, firearms supplies and knives. This would prohibit municipal firearms regulations, such as an ordinance banning guns on school property

LFDA Search Results

Last edited:
WE know this is happening - to what extent to Joe and Jane New Hampshire know? And I don't mean the gun stuff particularly, but the entire donkey-cart of crap that's coming.

Someone needs to communicate a finely-crafted message, "If you voted Donk, THIS is what you voted for."

Are you all figuring it out,?Democrats are akin to (pick what ever evil folks you want. Nazis, commies, deluded libertarians). You cannot stand with them. The time is coming. you as a member need to start counting your friends.
The only good liberal is a **** liberal. I don't count any liberals as "friends".

This is what you get when you permit election fraud to go unchallenged. I'm pretty sure the Dems did not legitimately win many of their new seats in the General Court. And you can see the national movement of this monolithic fascist party - every state has had similar bills introduced. The Dems are great at playing a "flood the zone" offense, and like their allies, the Muslim terrorists, they only have to get lucky a few times to establish the perception of a winning trend.

We lost VT to this bovine excrement. Fight hard and make sure you are heard!

only a few years back both VT and FL were gold standard for gun freedom.

Dims are not playing fair or gather public support for this, they will use any means possible, any means to push anti 2a through. This is why law abiding citizens of NH need to be not just reactive, but proactive in removing these treasonous POS out of the office, hounding these a**h***s in every media venue and exposing them for the excrement that they are.

It's time to bring the fight to them, while NH is small and number of sheep isn't as great as it is in mAss, so grass roots will bear fruit. The big pop centers in NH already turning your state further blue. Defense is a loosing game, like resisting a constrictor snake. Every second you take a breather, the ring will draw tighter. You need to smack the head of the snake.

Is anybody currently using the "OneVote" social features of Legiscan? Free registration allows you to track up to 25 bills and join 5 "groups" for sharing bill info and comments. Seems legit.

Gov Sununu also needs calls/email to encourage him to veto in case these bills get passed by house and senate
Used to be, we could rely on the most egregious of bills not making it out of committee, but now our best defense is also our last line of defense, the veto.

only a few years back both VT and FL were gold standard for gun freedom.

Lol, maybe VT, but FL? FL was never a gold standard for anything. OC was never legal, and their self defense laws were, and still are, a massive dumpster fire. At one point there were
also wait periods that were county dependent, but that apparently is gone, but who knows what it is now down there in the wake of their squishy gov and one stupid school shooting.

-Mike

I disagree....this stuff is a wake up call....a reminder to fence sitters of the old adage "just because you're not interested in politics doesnt mean politics isnt interested in you"

I welcome this shit because it shows the world that the dem party is full of nazi's, anti semites, tyrants and statist f***s

Not quite, the average pud will never hear anything about this until they suddenly wake up and they decide they need a gun, then discover how obnoxious the process has become because of all this garbage.

Otherwise the average pud in america is only interested in "beer sports economy healthcare jobs disneyland blah blah, domesticus bullshit." Unless any of that is seriously disrupted, most will keep not giving a
shit. If there was even a statistical significance that they did, a lot of pols would have been voted off from the rooftops by now. As time goes on whatever little faith I have in voters or average americans gets flushed right down
the toilet. I think the only way of stopping it is starting to push advocacy with the FNG gun owners etc to get them involved. Too many of them are just buying their shit and throwing it in a closet, and not creating noise where it
needs to be made.

-Mike

The point I try to make that seems to be lost is this bill is a joke. Stop swimming toward the shiney lure and ontinue to sharpen the swords for the real thing. Maybe a few bold souls making statements is needed but surely the rally cry for all should be reserved for bigger battles?

The problem is now the 110% f***ery/end around attacks (like what happened in VT) are at a fever pitch now. This probably will fail, but we cannot afford to act like it's a certainty any longer. Every time someone pushes this shit, they must be curb
stomped. To do otherwise or ignore it at this point, shows potential weakness or vulnerability, which even if they can't exploit it now, they WILL come back later. Shitberg is spending a lot of money on this crap and pissing in the well in a lot of
states doing astroturf, etc.

We're way beyond the days of a token moonbat filing a bill that is going to fail out of the gate. A lot of the garbage being produced now at the state level, at least, is either being pushed by shitberg or at least being watched by
them. Watched because they will use the intel about the response to exploit a weak position later, etc. Even if it might not necessitate a rally or something, someones gotta investigate this and send message to the power brokers that they're being
watched like hawks....

-Mike

We're way beyond the days of a token moonbat filing a bill that is going to fail out of the gate. A lot of the garbage being produced now at the state level, at least, is either being pushed by shitberg or at least being watched by
them. Watched because they will use the intel about the response to exploit a weak position later, etc. Even if it might not necessitate a rally or something, someones gotta investigate this and send message to the power brokers that they're being watched like hawks....
Trust but verify Mistrust & vilify.

Dems took over house and senate, elections have consequences. I believe this was an anti-Trump reaction and now we'll have to fight like hell. They're flinging a bunch of crap at the wall hoping something will stick (and it will).

List of all anti-2A bills:
I am not sure that list is correct, at least not the last one:
MDA-NH opposed the last one and I suspect that they are NOT on our side.

"House Bill 1749 Would Have Undermined Public Safety and Local Government Officials
….
Two weeks ago the New Hampshire House of Representatives also voted down House Bill 1749 which would have created a punitive preemption law. Punitive prevention is an attempt by the gun lobby to punish local officials who try to enact or enforce public safety laws designed to protect their communities by allowing special interest groups to file lawsuits against them.

STATEMENT FROM DEIDRE REYNOLDS VOLUNTEER LEADER WITH THE NEW HAMPSHIRE CHAPTER OF MOMS DEMAND ACTION FOR GUN SENSE IN AMERICA:

“Both of these bills faced strong bipartisan opposition, and we applaud our lawmakers for listening to the concerns of families, educators, university officials and law enforcement. Last year, legislators rammed through an extremely dangerous permitless carry bill, but this year they have stepped up to oppose the gun lobby’s dangerous agenda. In the wake of the Parkland tragedy, it was encouraging to see lawmakers prioritize public safety over the gun lobby by rejecting these extreme bills.” "

New Hampshire Moms Demand Action, Everytown Applaud Lawmakers for Rejecting Two Dangerous Gun Bills - Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense In America

Great....
I was moving out of CA and avoiding MA to not be around this bullshit.
I will be taking up the good fight once I get to NH in late March.

One hallmark of firearm ownership is that you need to talk to people in a nice way about owning firearms. Connect with people. Show them you're not some nut-job that the media portrays. I talk about firearms at work all the time and people hear me. People know I own guns. I'm a well mannered, level headed, reasonably tempered team player, who just happens to own many military style firearms and is a die hard supporter of the constitution.

Last edited:
What can I do to help before I move there? Though none of these bills seem as bad as an AW ban, I would hate to see the state go the same route as MA or CA, especially when these laws are well established to not effectively reduce violent crime.

Living in PRoM all my life, seeing the climate as it pertains to gun owners, and observing that it just seems to keep getting worse, I tell as few people as possible that I own guns.
Hypothetically speaking, of course. I may not actually own any.

Barry

Back
Top Bottom