NH Alert: SB116. Still on the Gov's desk. ***Vetoed***

If she is so concerned that the law abiding like to carry their guns concealed and need a permission slip to do so, I say eff it. We should all make a point of making open carry the new norm. See how the sheep like seeing a sidearm every time they turn around. Her office will be fielding a whole new slew of calls every day from the scared sheep types.

No. Open carry is scary. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. Anyone who open carries is an attention whore and an idiot. It doesn't help our cause. It will only lead to more restrictions on it. I support the 2nd Amendment but that is just a bad idea.

No. Open carry is scary. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. Anyone who open carries is an attention whore and an idiot. It doesn't help our cause. It will only lead to more restrictions on it. I support the 2nd Amendment but that is just a bad idea.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436225507.305803.jpg

If so, please step away from whatever freedom you've managed to obtain, it may be dangerous to you.

Open carry is perfectly legal in NH and I do all the time..what are you talking about there????

While I agree, just to be a shite, name one elected official that was born within a 30 mile radius of Boston, that left the state, and ran for office elsewhere that encouraged, promoted and ushered in more freedom than the previous administration they replaced.

Give me a few... days...

The problem is larger than MA or NH, though. A couple more bad Governors after this clown goes away and NH will be lost. A couple of good ones and a grand tradition of liberty continues. Pick carefully.

Yes, I was being sarcastic. Just parroting the opinions of others on this forum that don't support OC.

Glad he got the attention he was seeking. He wasn't carrying, he was being an attention seeking idiot. He's not helpful.

Just because something "might be" legal doesn't mean that you should do it.

Agreed. Morons like this don't help our cause.

Yeah, these open carry morons are going to completely **** us in the long run.

We all support the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. BUT. is it worth it if a family FEELS victimized when you exercise your rights?? What about their rights to feel safe in their surroundings?

My bad guys. I got most of them but missed the last one. Forgot about "others right to feel safe". Almost had them all.

Open carry of handguns...Rest of the year....At least. If anyone asks, it is now a political statement. "Yes I am open carrying because Maggie vetoed the bill that would have repealed NH's racist and sexist conceal permit" Or "It wold be concealed but Maggie and the police chiefs think the racist and sexist law we have on the books should remain." Or something along those lines.

I'm just jealous we can't get enough people in MA to consider this a legitimate initiative to back.
You got both the House AND Senate to approve it.

- - - Updated - - -

Now hopefully they override for all of us Con Carry is so close for NH

Do me a favor and eat a bag of salty ones. Then make sure you stay in woostah so we don't have to kick your ass out too when the house cleaning gets underway.

hahaha. i see your feeling my pain, atleast just a little bit. stop bitching you still got it better than us.

What are the open carry laws in NH, someone told me the other day in a facebook group you have to be 2 actions away from firing a gun to open carry in Maine, since I always carry concealed I never looked up the laws or cared.

What are the open carry laws in NH, someone told me the other day in a facebook group you have to be 2 actions away from firing a gun to open carry in Maine, since I always carry concealed I never looked up the laws or cared.

As far as I know in NH, as long as you can legally own a handgun, you can strap a holster to your belt and stick a gun in there, even loaded if you want to (just don't cover it with a shirt or jacket. If you do, and you don't have a CCP, you are in violation of the law). See how easy it is to become a felon?

As far as I know in NH, as long as you can legally own a handgun, you can strap a holster to your belt and stick a gun in there, even loaded if you want to (just don't cover it with a shirt or jacket. If you do, and you don't have a CCP, you are in violation of the law). See how easy it is to become a felon?

I wont be back down there till August and should have my NH permit back and also covered by my Maine one if the lawmakers get the reciprocation done, so I would be covered but the "protest" may be over by then lol

Of course. Unloaded would be kind of pointless.

That is what I said when the person told me you cant have one in the chamber in Maine when open carruing. But crickets were heard when I said that a double action is always 2 actions away from being fired when a round is chambered

Nitpick: carrying concealed (loaded) without a license is a class A misdemeanor not a felony for the first offense. A second offense within 7 years is a felony.

2nd nitpick: placing a loaded handgun in a vehicle (either on your person or not) counts under the law as "concealed" and thus requires a license.

I wont be back down there till August and should have my NH permit back and also covered by my Maine one if the lawmakers get the reciprocation done, so I would be covered but the "protest" may be over by then lol

The override vote won't be held until September at the earliest. This "protest" will be going on for quite some time.

That is what I said when the person told me you cant have one in the chamber in Maine when open carruing. But crickets were heard when I said that a double action is always 2 actions away from being fired when a round is chambered

They are wrong. In Maine you can open carry loaded all day long. Just do not enter a vehicle with a loaded handgun. The good news is that this fall con carry will be law in Maine once LePage signs the bill this week as he said he would (with the caveat that you have to immediately notify an officer if you are carrying).

Back
Top Bottom