• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH ACTION: Public Hearing to Prohibit Carrying in Public Buildings (02/21/13)

Rep. Declaration of independence is" we the people."Took oath of office. "To require license is braking oath of office.""letting administrations take our rights leads to disaster."Grew up in Chicago. We don't want to go there. Dover CoP befor resigned harassed license holders.

Granite state something advocacy group.Saying ffl you have background checks, but due to gun show loophole and private sales you don't.Columbine had legal guns...Attacking reps who voted removing felons restrictions.

- - - Updated - - -

Current army Sargent. Pro. Sworn to defend constitution, and this bill needs to forward.

Penny dean. Police admitted they harass gun owners who are carrying. Judges don't always find for people when they legally should. Police profile on looks. Chiefs refuse because they can. People who have no money forced to carry openly . But cannot carry in

- - - Updated - - -

Laws meant for criminals are used against citizens.

Love this guy Gorman. Earlier he lifted his shirt to show his firearm and said pretty much you would make me a felon. Now saying he has pilot license for life. Gun license should be too. Allows bow hunters to now carry firearms. Bow hunters need protection other than bow in the field. Hearing closed

David Cahill , director of CoP org. Anti. "fear is if repealed, if a felon if stopped, no reason to be able to do anything if they find a gun."

Wants a database to help identify 'suitable' people. No means to find info. Info protected by Hippa. More licenses granted then denied. Appeal process is in place.
Isn't there already laws about felons and possession of firearms? why wouldn't they be able to do anything?

Cahil is the CoP of Sunapee this guy really needs to go

Last edited:
Rep Sweeney sponsor. Bill personal to her. Grandchild chased by bb gun by idiot kid. "obviously bad parenting involved." smart kids do dumb things. Then newtown came. No one wanted to help her with a gun control bill. Wants idea of all people on how these things will not be committed. She is gun owner. Was on Ridley team. She plays shooting games at canobie lake. Bb gun weapon all weapons need training.

- - - Updated - - -

Londonderry rep again. "feel good piece of legislation." "A bb gun, god bless us. Nh one of safest states." Ain't broke don't fix it.

Anti rep. Gun owners not responsible, wants eye checks as well

Pro rep, we must be responsible, but this committee will infringe rights.

Pro rep Hoell. Gun laws on books to teach firearm safety in p,unlicensed schools enforce those laws.

Had more but page crashed.

Pro citizen, this is horrible idea. Guns not more complicated than electric can opener.

Two rules. Don't point it unless using it. Keep off trigger until firing. Take classes if you want, there is plenty of people who can. Like taking a class to go into the whit mountains, in case I get lost.

- - - Updated - - -

A few people left , based on earlier they were on our side . [frown] Oh well.

Pro guy, this is a way to curb our rights in a roundabout way. Creating a registry of people who took classes reduces gun owners.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it is going too late the legislators look bored, and asking no questions....

Pro guy, we have guns we are responsible. Stop trying to legislate our lives

- - - Updated - - -

Pro guy, bill is faulty. "I believe in training, but I do not need someone to tell me how,"

This ibill also involves bland airsoft . They are not firearms. Bill is faulty.

Pro gal. Bill"sounds great. " but it is legislating behavior. We grew up with weapons. We are responsible and use training. NRa has provided programs. We police ourselves, we do not need legislation. " I am a vet, I know safety rules. We defended this country we have to get training. If it passed I'd do it, but I'm a law abiding. Citizen." enforcing adds another cost to owners. Make it easier not harder.

Dr Hannon . Pro. Instruction wonderful thing.important to get trained before getting a gun. Also would be great before getting married, having a kid, or terminating a pregnancy. Or voting.

Lots of good ideas, but requiring training before exercising rights is not a good idea. Grandfather killed inarmenian massacre. Started with registrating firearms. Grandmother always carried knife after. " if they come to get me,mill take one with me."

Pro guy, story about woman stalked by ex. State had waiting period, ex killed her. Right to defend self precedes constitution. 1:1000 guns bad guys have. Bad guys not get training.

Pro guy. Bad guys not deferred by safety course. Cannot legislate common sense. He is FFL. Going through process.

1.asess customer. Try to tell if people getting for bad reason.
2. Suggest to get training. They can and do deny sales if they uncomfortable.
3. Firearms manuals are fairly complete. And they hand out a flyer to local instructors.

They have never been called out for selling to a future criminal.

- - - Updated - - -

Pro guy. If logic is to legislate people on using firearms, why do we not legislate other things. Not required for voting and fee speech. Logic not there. Constitutional right.

Penny dean again. IT'LL bill, but in future, please put in training in schools. Kid who is trained may let his friend use the bb gun. Places offer free training to schools. Use it.

Per commitee member schools have right to, but they not required to.

Penny says yes, but schools not taking it even when offered for free.

Penny dean again. IT'LL bill, but in future, please put in training in schools. Kid who is trained may let his friend use the bb gun. Places offer free training to schools. Use it.

Per commitee member schools have right to, but they not required to.

Penny says yes, but schools not taking it even when offered for free.

I just got home, i was there too, but didn't speak.

One of my favorites was when Gorman showed his pistol, I wonder if he realised they have a 'rule' saying no guns allowed. They obviously didn't remind him, nor say anything about it all. :)

Sorry I didn't know any one from NES was there posting, I would have tried to stop by to say hi.

Next up moms for gun sense..... Apparently they are elsewhere just moving into state.
talking about asituation in fox run mall with mentally il guy with a hammer. And a mentally ill guy who lives by her. Unsure what ithas to do with schools....

Funny, moms for gun sense making no sense.

Next. Mother who is pro. States community should decide. Some schools cannot afford resource officer.
Wants her ex should be able to protect children.

States that she is a veteran and trained pro. States offensive to call her and others are untrained. Should be up to parents. Bill only gives option, not a mandate.

She's right. Parents should be responsible for their own children no matter where they are. Especially if parent works at school and is a vet. Their hatred of guns blinds them to the truth and common sense. They are more dangerous than the guns they want to ban. Idiots.

Rep up now. If kids in new town were killed by terrorist this wouldn't be a partisan issue.
don't blame video games. Resource officers cost money. Seems to be against bill because they wouldn't provide to schools to be armed money wise. And forcing them to vote on it feels they already have option.

Why is everything about money? I'm sure there are many licensed teachers willing to CC or train to be for free.

Should I send this email to Chief Cahill and the selectman in the town of Sunapee
Dear Chief Cahill
I heard your testimony today against constitutional carry otherwise known as HB451 and your concern that you wouldn't be able to do anything if you pulled over a felon and they had gun, I wanted to reassure you NH RSA 159:3 specifically gives you the ability to do something.

159:3 Convicted Felons. –
I. A person is guilty of a class B felony if he:
(a) Owns or has in his possession or under his control, a pistol, revolver, or other firearm, or slungshot, metallic knuckles, billies, stiletto, switchblade knife, sword cane, pistol cane, blackjack, dagger, dirk-knife, or other deadly weapon as defined in RSA 625:11, V; and
(b) Has been convicted in either a state or federal court in this or any other state, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or any territory or possession of the United States of:
(1) A felony against the person or property of another; or
(2) A felony under RSA 318-B; or
(3) A felony violation of the laws of any other state, the District of Columbia, the United States, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico or any territory or possession of the United States relating to controlled drugs as defined in RSA 318-B.
I-a. A person is guilty of a class B felony if such person completes and signs an application for purchase of a firearm and the person is a convicted felon under the provisions of paragraph I.
II. The state shall confiscate to the use of the state the weapon or weapons of persons convicted under this section.
III. It is an affirmative defense to a charge under this section that a felony of which a defendant has been convicted in another jurisdiction would not have constituted a felony in the state of New Hampshire at the time such felony was committed.

Unlike 159:4 which for first offence is only misdemeanor violtion of 159:3 is a felony

159:4 Carrying Without License. – No person shall carry a loaded pistol or revolver in any vehicle or concealed upon his person, except in his dwelling, house or place of business, without a valid license therefor as hereinafter provided. A loaded pistol or revolver shall include any pistol or revolver with a magazine, cylinder, chamber or clip in which there are loaded cartridges. Whoever violates the provisions of this section shall, for the first such offense, be guilty of a misdemeanor. For the second and for each subsequent violation of the provisions of this section, such person shall be guilty of a class B felony, provided such second or subsequent violation has occurred within 7 years of the previous conviction.

Back
Top Bottom