NH ACTION: Public Hearing to Prohibit Carrying in Public Buildings (02/21/13)

the Criminal Justice and Public Safety will hear from the public on this bill

we need people to show up at 10AM on 2/21 at LOB 204 in Legislative Office Building at 33 North State Street, Concord, directly behind the State House.

please try to get to the hearing in person. if you can't, then go here to find a list of all of the reps on that committee
House of Representatives

either click on each rep and get their telephone numbers and call them,

or AT THE VERY LEAST send an email to all of the members using [email protected]

if you email please be sure to use your full name and address on the email so they can be sure you're one of their constituents

ask them to please vote OPPOSE on this piece of legislation.

HB290 prohibits "unlicensed" persons from openly carrying a pistol or revolver in a public building

HB 290-FN – AS INTRODUCED

2013 SESSION

13-0411

04/01

HOUSE BILL 290-FN

AN ACT prohibiting unlicensed persons from openly carrying a pistol or revolver in a public building.

SPONSORS: Rep. Burridge, Ches 16; Rep. Robertson, Ches 6

COMMITTEE: Criminal Justice and Public Safety

ANALYSIS

This bill prohibits a person who is not licensed to carry a pistol or revolver from openly carrying a pistol or revolver in a public building.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Explanation: Matter added to current law appears in bold italics.

Matter removed from current law appears [in brackets and struckthrough.]

Matter which is either (a) all new or (b) repealed and reenacted appears in regular type.

13-0411

04/01

STATE OF NEW HAMPSHIRE

In the Year of Our Lord Two Thousand Thirteen

AN ACT prohibiting unlicensed persons from openly carrying a pistol or revolver in a public building.

Be it Enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives in General Court convened:

1 New Section; Pistols and Revolvers. Amend RSA 159 by inserting after section 26 the following new section:

159:27 Open Carrying of Pistol or Revolver in a Public Building.

I. No person who does not possess a license under RSA 159:6 shall openly carry a loaded or unloaded pistol or revolver upon his or her person or within any of the person’s possessions owned or within the person’s control while inside a public building. Any person who violates the provisions of this paragraph shall be guilty of a class B felony.

II. A notice of the provisions of paragraph I may be conspicuously posted at each public entrance to a public building.

III. In this section, “public building” means any building, structure, or place owned or operated by the state or one of its political subdivisions, and shall include the university system of New Hampshire and the community college system of New Hampshire.

2 Pistols and Revolvers; Exceptions. Amend RSA 159:5 to read as follows:

159:5 Exceptions. The provisions of RSA 159:3 [and 4], RSA 159:4, and RSA 159:27 shall not apply to marshals, sheriffs, policemen or other duly appointed peace and other law enforcement officers, or bailiffs and court officers responsible for court security; nor to the regular and ordinary transportation of pistols or revolvers as merchandise, nor to members of the armed services of the United States when on duty; nor to the national guard when on duty; nor to organizations by law authorized to purchase or receive such weapons; nor to duly authorized military or civil organizations when parading, or the members thereof when at, or going to or from, their customary places of assembly.

3 Effective Date. This act shall take effect 60 days after its passage.

LBAO

13-0411

01/15/13

Some moron try's to pass his own piss poor agenda every couple months and gets laughed at and disappears then another moron emerges and the cycle continues... They all think now that since I Obama is dancing on dead kids graves theyll have an easier chance to pass there agendas.

Speaking of which what ever happened to the bill that was proposed in NH that was trying to repeal the Stand Your Ground law? I'd love to move to NH but if this and the repeal of the Stand Your Ground I'll have to start to look elsewhere. It's bad enough that they charge property tax on vehicles and not allow you to have tint on the front doors. I live in Idaho so we have winter and the tint has never been a liability. If anything it's been an asset.

I sent emails a few weeks ago to my State Reps concerning this bill, all but one are GOP and the ones who wrote back, are voting against this bill. I posted a draft of the letters I sent out on NES and shouldn't be too hard to find if you want a template.

Yup that will fix our problems more "gun free zones".....
Oh its not gun free, just if you don't have your carry License..[rolleyes]

IE it is a beginning step IMNSHO that it is a first step to try to get people used to the Idea of restricting guns to carry holders.

I just got the day approved off, I'll be at the statehouse. I think I may speak this time...

Last edited:
If there was ever a day to be at the state house, this is the day!
February 21st 2013
---
OPPOSE:
A NASTY GUN Ban, A study cmte to require training to use even a BB gun.

SUPPORT:
Constitutional Carry and allowing teachers to carry on school grounds
There is also a bill to address NDAA issues:

CRIMINAL JUSTICE AND PUBLIC SAFETY, Representatives Hall
10:00 a.m. HB 290-FN, prohibiting unlicensed persons from openly carrying a pistol or revolver in a public building.
HB 0290

11:00 a.m. HB 609, relative to possession of a firearm on school property.
HB 0609

1:00 p.m. HB 451-FN, repealing the license requirement for carrying a concealed pistol or revolver.
HB 0451

2:00 p.m. HB 396, establishing a committee to study requiring safety training or instruction prior to the purchase or acquisition of a firearm.
HB 0396
---
Also a chance to attend the NDAA hearing HB399 10:00am in LOB203
HB 0399

Please add this to your calendar and show up!
-Rep. Hoell

If they pass constitutional carry this time its just my luck I had to pay 1500& to a lawyer to then have the police chief day I was denied accidentally and issue my license.

so all of these are with the same committee... so if a lot of people talk... I'll be there all day won't I....... I think I'll eat a big breakfast, and lots and lots of coffee....[coffee]

For those that want to see Constitutional Carry pass the house and to make sure none of the bad gun bills are passed we need you to show up on the 21st.
Getting Constitutional Carry through this session is likely impossible, but a good vote this year will make it easier next time it is introduced. If it dies in the house, we cannot submit for 2 years.

Regards,
Rep. Hoell

For those that want to see Constitutional Carry pass the house and to make sure none of the bad gun bills are passed we need you to show up on the 21st.
Getting Constitutional Carry through this session is likely impossible, but a good vote this year will make it easier next time it is introduced. If it dies in the house, we cannot submit for 2 years.

Regards,
Rep. Hoell

Thanks for filing this J.R. I know this might have an obvious answer, but what's the chances that this makes it into law via Hassan? Or veto override?

Ok so who is there and how many showed up? I would love to be there and planned to be but i am on the losing third day of the flu and feel like total crap fish.

I don't think the cmt will go too far on this. You have to remember with the size of the NH legislature plenty of stuff gets on the agenda and goes nowhere. Still this one is a bit much.

3 Duties. The committee shall study requiring firearm safety training or instruction prior to the purchase or acquisition of a firearm, BB gun, or air soft rifle.

If there was ever a day to be at the state house, this is the day!
February 21st 2013
---
OPPOSE:
A NASTY GUN Ban, A study cmte to require training to use even a BB gun.

SUPPORT:
Constitutional Carry and allowing teachers to carry on school grounds
There is also a bill to address NDAA issues:

CRIMINAL JUSTICE AND PUBLIC SAFETY, Representatives Hall
10:00 a.m. HB 290-FN, prohibiting unlicensed persons from openly carrying a pistol or revolver in a public building.
HB 0290

11:00 a.m. HB 609, relative to possession of a firearm on school property.
HB 0609

1:00 p.m. HB 451-FN, repealing the license requirement for carrying a concealed pistol or revolver.
HB 0451

2:00 p.m. HB 396, establishing a committee to study requiring safety training or instruction prior to the purchase or acquisition of a firearm.
HB 0396
---
Also a chance to attend the NDAA hearing HB399 10:00am in LOB203
HB 0399

Please add this to your calendar and show up!
-Rep. Hoell

it says open carrying a pistol or revolver so does that mean an AR over the shoulder is still GTG? If I can eat somthing and not have it come back out of my mouth like a balistic missle later I will try and make it to the later hearings. But if I hear crap testimony from the other side i am launching bio warefare at them in the form of last meal.

I'm here. I wasn't the best speaker but I am here. Just figured out they have wi-fi. They just finished up 290. I think only 2 people including the sponsor spoke in favor. 45 min break right now.

Issues brought up mainly are...

1. This includes all public property not just buildings ie buying a gun then transporting it home on a road. Felony. As it states loaded or unloaded.

2. Punishes people who may not have the means to purchase .

3. Will do nothing to solve any issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Now for609

Rep Dan Itse up now. He is sponsor. Criminals don't obey the law . Police take a whileto get there. Let school districtsto decide if they allow faculty to CC. Allow teachers to 'stop the mayhem' .

Allowing locaL control in case they don't want to.

Dean mitchner state school board . He is opposing.

Funny, saying school violence going down. " we have responsibility to safety of the students." " Partnering with local law enforcement instead."

"Dangerous to arm staff " training is expensive.

He quotes that during a gunfight police have low accuracy. Staff would be worse.

Police may accidentally shoot a legal carrier in an emergency.

Commitee member asking what would happen if teacher was taken down as student would have the gun.

Next up moms for gun sense..... Apparently they are elsewhere just moving into state.
talking about asituation in fox run mall with mentally il guy with a hammer. And a mentally ill guy who lives by her. Unsure what ithas to do with schools....

Chairwoman is obviously an anti. She interrupts pro2a current speaker, because reading a letter from columbine student who is pro2a. doesn't seem to mind previous speaker talking about hammers in malls.

Back
Top Bottom