• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH: 619 DW guns in Merrimack NH visited by police for not enforcing [unlawful] mask edicts

As posted on the 619DW FB page:
"Town P.D. Health Officer and another officer (both very nice) were sent to us by the State A.G. office today to "educate" us on the Governors dictatorial "emergency order" and "mask mandate". There was a formal complaint made.
Essentially telling us that we have to sell guns and ammo to people in masks and allow them in our store. They also want us to take down our signs warning people we don't allow face coverings in our business giving them a chance to shop elsewhere.
We politely disagreed."

We need to support these guys. They are willing to stand up for what is right and even to bad government policy.

View: https://www.facebook.com/619DWGuns/posts/3417687444994719

Some asshat left a 1 star review for them on Google because of their mask policy.....while he has a "don't tread on me" flag on his FB profile. I laughed out loud when I saw one of his other 1 star reviews..... on a car dealership that wouldn't use the oil and filter he brought to his oil change appointment.

Some asshat left a 1 star review for them on Google because of their mask policy.....while he has a "don't tread on me" flag on his FB profile. I laughed out loud when I saw one of his other 1 star reviews..... on a car dealership that wouldn't use the oil and filter he brought to his oil change appointment.

Maybe we should figure out where this hypocritical ass hat lives and dox the bastard. Effing karens (or whatever the cuck version is called). I hate them all.

So is this place going to continue with their policy?

Sounds like so and good for them.

I know they have been handing out fines though - all I have seen targetted so far are when restaurant/bar establishments are either basically operating with no capacity restrictions or without employees wearing masks, ie not other businesses and not for customers without masks. There is one bakery suing NH over it.

Grumpys bar in Plaistow got a $1500 fine, basically 1st somehow it was reported that a patron (believe 2 friends actually) had tested positive who frequent the place (and a lot of other places, assumption was never they got sick there). Nobody else got sick but the "authorities" got all interested, went in on a crowded night, took pictures (which were kinda funny, typical bar full of drunks) then fined them.

He doesn't rely on Google reviews for business IMHO. Also probably going a little hard on FB. Could easily have just kept it off of social media, or to a minimum.

(What's the asshat's ham radio call sign? Maybe I've worked him... [rofl] )

I don't understand how any of this is enforceable. If they (or anyone in a similar position) were to ignore an order to wear masks and in turn ignore the consequences- what legal means does the gubmint have to enforce? Angry scowl? Strongly worded letter? Wagging finger? I'm open to a factual explanation but not sure one exists.

Notice how carefully worded is the Mass stern warning for failure to report and quarantine after travel to a non-annointed state. "Failure to comply may result in a $500 fine per day." May, not Will. 'May' implies it is either at their discretion or they are unsure that they actually can. Either way, that's not how a lawful society operates.

Did Guvnah Snu-snu declare martial law? Has a bill been proposed and finally voted into law? If businesses tell them to pound sand, what recourse do they actually have?

I don't understand how any of this is enforceable. If they (or anyone in a similar position) were to ignore an order to wear masks and in turn ignore the consequences- what legal means does the gubmint have to enforce? Angry scowl? Strongly worded letter? Wagging finger? I'm open to a factual explanation but not sure one exists.

Notice how carefully worded is the Mass stern warning for failure to report and quarantine after travel to a non-annointed state. "Failure to comply may result in a $500 fine per day." May, not Will. 'May' implies it is either at their discretion or they are unsure that they actually can. Either way, that's not how a lawful society operates.

Did Guvnah Snu-snu declare martial law? Has a bill been proposed and finally voted into law? If businesses tell them to pound sand, what recourse do they actually have?

Well I disagree with all these orders but written into the NH version is the ability to fine offenders. Like I mentioned they are issuing fines in NH, and definitely for petty stuff like a guy working the oven in a pizza place without a mask (a true example, recently happened).

So far though fines have been isolated to food/bar businesses, not retail.

What I don't know about either is if the business is forced to make customers comply either. That is part of other states mask BS, they say a business can't serve a customer who fails to comply, putting such responsibilities and penalties on the business - which is also BS.

I believe 6 feet is not an exemption indoors, was only so for certain activities but I'm sure someone will come by and quote it.

The partial way around this as a small establishment, short of winning a suit against the government, is to draw the curtains, lock the door, make people ring the bell or call to enter. Then authorities can't just pop in unannounced and can't really monitor what goes on inside. Still they could get all crafty and setup a "sting" but such is unlikely in this situation, more likely they would fine the business for suspicion of what goes on inside, which then could be fought without real evidence.

Well I disagree with all these orders but written into the NH version is the ability to fine offenders. Like I mentioned they are issuing fines in NH, and definitely for petty stuff like a guy working the oven in a pizza place without a mask (a true example, recently happened).

So far though fines have been isolated to food/bar businesses, not retail.

What I don't know about either is if the business is forced to make customers comply either. That is part of other states mask BS, they say a business can't serve a customer who fails to comply, putting such responsibilities and penalties on the business - which is also BS.

I believe 6 feet is not an exemption indoors, was only so for certain activities but I'm sure someone will come by and quote it.

The partial way around this as a small establishment, short of winning a suit against the government, is to draw the curtains, lock the door, make people ring the bell or call to enter. Then authorities can't just pop in unannounced and can't really monitor what goes on inside. Still they could get all crafty and setup a "sting" but such is unlikely in this situation, more likely they would fine the business for suspicion of what goes on inside, which then could be fought without real evidence.

What happens if a business ignores the fines? And by what authority can they issue the fines? Wishful thinking? I just don't get how they get away with it.

How exactly is the dealer supposed to verify the identity of a person with a mask on?

Lot of people in the GOP house caucus are at the end of their patience with sununu's unconstitutional orders
I bought primers at Cabelas sometime in July. As I was checking out I asked the guy "how do you know I am that guy in the LTC?"

The guy says "your eye color". I couldnt hold it and laughed out loud, paid and walked away.

What happens if a business ignores the fines? And by what authority can they issue the fines? Wishful thinking? I just don't get how they get away with it.

Yep that is a valid question. If they refuse to pay and the state suspends their ability to operate via some license etc etc, is that legal.

I have wondered myself similarly, if say Nashua fines me, a non resident of Nashua, for a mask ordinance - how do they make me pay? A resident they could press you next time you try to renew a registration, all sorts of things, but can the state extend it's arm over a town fine? What if I refuse to appear in court over a similar town violation, can they issue a bench warrant? Seems very strange to me these town "laws", really don't know.

Must be one of the NES members that voted for Biden.

Back
Top Bottom