• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH: [3], nope.. now 4 anti-gun bills , we need to call the Senate to stop them, update page 7

There are a pile of people that are on our side who have never done anything wrt legislative process

I dragged two of them to the red flag bill and both were mortified of the bullshit they witnessed and and are more inclined to be involved because they realize how perilous things are if you're not paying attention....and each of them will relay that to other friends........

image.jpg

Now we just need that to happen a couple hundred thousand times.

Just purchased a house in Bedford and trying to make my voice heard as a new resident. Sent emails to the 7 reps that are in my area. Heard back from two so far. Of the 7, Sue Mullen is the only rep that voted for the two bills. I sent this to her:

"Sue,

My wife and I just recently purchased a home in Bedford. We have been lifelong Massachusetts residents and are moving due to the crippling taxes, crumbling schools/infrastructure, and gun laws.

Not one week after closing on our house I already see the anti-gun cause gaining ground in my adoptive state, and one of my local representatives taking part in criminalizing law abiding sportsmen. HB514 and HB109 do absolutely nothing to stop criminal behavior. This is just a plank for the next series of restrictions. I have had the benefit of seeing this play out over the course of 30 years in Massachusetts. Anti-freedom politicians like you will claim “just one more gun law will make a difference” until our constitutionally recognized freedoms have been demolished.

My wife and I are both politically active and make it a point to vote in every election. We both believe strongly in personal freedom, and support politicians who believe in individual liberty. Based on these recent votes we will be sure to actively work against your re-election efforts and will support your opposition however we can."

I get back the following:

"Welcome to Bedford, (name deleted) and family. I have lived/worked in Bedford for 40 years, so I am a good source of info and help, should you need it.

I am surprised that you think you know me, and I will work hard to make sure that my supporters do not view your comments as a personal threat.

I have spent my entire professional career working in a non-partisan, open minded effort to encourage dialogue, debate and discussion among community members to support what's best for Bedford.

Let me know if you would like to meet for a cup of coffee. sm"

These people are unhinged. What part of my email would a normal person take as a "personal threat"?!

As a conservative, my general approach to everything (work, personal life, anything) is to figure out the approach and tactics other people and organizations in society are taking to solve particular problems, and analyze it.

If there's a compelling reason not to follow their approach, so be it. Maybe it makes no sense, and I generally don't want to be the first person trying something new. But we should be learning from the combined wisdom of society. The default posture should be to synthesize the best ideas of other successful groups and people.

Not having social media accounts was acceptable in 2007. In 2019, there's no excuse.

Forget about analyzing the immediate cost-benefit analysis here, because you can't. You need to at least be present in the places that the younger generations are so that sympathetic-minded people can find you if they come looking.

Just purchased a house in Bedford and trying to make my voice heard as a new resident. Sent emails to the 7 reps that are in my area. Heard back from two so far. Of the 7, Sue Mullen is the only rep that voted for the two bills. I sent this to her:

"Sue,

My wife and I just recently purchased a home in Bedford. We have been lifelong Massachusetts residents and are moving due to the crippling taxes, crumbling schools/infrastructure, and gun laws.

Not one week after closing on our house I already see the anti-gun cause gaining ground in my adoptive state, and one of my local representatives taking part in criminalizing law abiding sportsmen. HB514 and HB109 do absolutely nothing to stop criminal behavior. This is just a plank for the next series of restrictions. I have had the benefit of seeing this play out over the course of 30 years in Massachusetts. Anti-freedom politicians like you will claim “just one more gun law will make a difference” until our constitutionally recognized freedoms have been demolished.

My wife and I are both politically active and make it a point to vote in every election. We both believe strongly in personal freedom, and support politicians who believe in individual liberty. Based on these recent votes we will be sure to actively work against your re-election efforts and will support your opposition however we can."

"Welcome to Bedford, (name deleted) and family. I have lived/worked in Bedford for 40 years, so I am a good source of info and help, should you need it.

I am surprised that you think you know me, and I will work hard to make sure that my supporters do not view your comments as a personal threat.

I have spent my entire professional career working in a non-partisan, open minded effort to encourage dialogue, debate and discussion among community members to support what's best for Bedford.

These people are unhinged. What part of my email would a normal person take as a "personal threat"?!

Saying you will vote for the other guy is a personal threat to a Democrat. How dare you say such things. Unless your a Democrat. Then it’s ok. Just ask AOC...

"Sue,

How My Middle School Guidance Counselor Brought the Blue Wave to Our Very Red Town

For someone running for state rep in a smallish town in NH to raise $18K raises ALOT of red flags for me. I say this because I ran for state rep and let's just say I didn't get out of the hundreds for donations. I don't think she won as much as she was "placed" there, but hey I could be wrong.

Not having social media accounts was acceptable in 2007. In 2019, there's no excuse.

Forget about analyzing the immediate cost-benefit analysis here, because you can't. You need to at least be present in the places that the younger generations are so that sympathetic-minded people can find you if they come looking.
The problem is
iu

I'm not saying NOT to have a social media presence. I'm saying it isn't like a booth at the county fair. It's even less like a town meeting podium. It's a means of communicating with people who quite literally already "like" you. (And as an added bonus, you get to contend with trolls who will NEVER like you, and who are only "communicating" with you to be disruptive.) And they're only going to come looking if they know there's something to look FOR.

The major criticism of "social" media in terms of societal impact has been that it does not foster exchange of ideas, but, rather, tends to create echo-chamber silos of the like-minded.

That organization I mentioned earlier: I joined quite literally at the suggestion of "the guys at the shop." I had just spent $2000 in furtherance of a new activity, so becoming part of an advocacy organization for said activity seemed like a Good Idea. Of course, I walked into the shop prepared to spend two thousand dollars. But I never would have realized there was an advocacy organization - or that it was needed - were it not for them. And even so, for years I was the guy who sent in his $35 dues, nothing more. It took going to an event, which turned into another, to persuade me to become a volunteer, then volunteer leadership. (First year of membership: 2004. That first activity: 2012.)

The one thing we struggle in with that organization: people (both potential members, and others in a position to assist with that advocacy mission) don't know we exist.

The thing WE struggle with is community-wide recognition of what's happening politically.

In our case, I'm betting there's at least a suspicion held by many/most people that something's not quite right. What we need to do is come up with a way of affirming that in people's minds, demonstrating what it is, and providing a path to a solution. And yes, social media can help with that, only once the initial contact has been made. Other than that, you're the Maytag repairman waiting for a call.

How My Middle School Guidance Counselor Brought the Blue Wave to Our Very Red Town

For someone running for state rep in a smallish town in NH to raise $18K raises ALOT of red flags for me. I say this because I ran for state rep and let's just say I didn't get out of the hundreds for donations. I don't think she won as much as she was "placed" there, but hey I could be wrong.
I raised exactly $1,050, all of it unsolicited (at least by me), and all of it appreciated. I won, and I have a campaign fund balance of about $267.

I even reported the cash slipped into my shirt pocket at the county fair.

I haven't looked at her voting record, but while I agree with her statement here, I wonder if it matches up with her actions: "There are two things that compelled me. One was that I have been heartsick over what I have considered to be an erosion of civility and respect among politicians. This idea that somehow or another the best route to get someone to appreciate your position is through intimidation or name calling, public shaming, bullying—that is so counter to my belief system in being able to use a measured response to problem solving that I actually ran on the platform of trying to do my part to bring civility and respect back to the process. And I think that resonated with people."

I agree because I tried the same thing, and it worked.

Any updates on these bills?

I just checked up on them on legiscan.com.

The majority of the people co-sponsoring these bills are lifelong residents of NH :(
There are a few who were born in Maine, New York, California, New Mexico, and Washington. I see no one from Massachusetts.

Katherine Rogers was arrested for assault on a protester in 2017, and she is the primary on the background check bill. Born in Concord, NH and still there. Yikes.

So much for blaming this on mostly transplants. It seems like a bunch of homegrown turncoats.

Last edited:

I think the Gay School Councilor thing helped bring in $$$ with her as a symbol rather than an individual. That said, she is routinely one of few who actually reply to my emails on bills. Clearly she is looking to keep and broaden the Democratic foothold in Bedford.

Any updates on these bills?

I just checked up on them on legiscan.com.
The Senate Judiciary cmte has 4 bills in their possession. They will vote on all 4 next week. There are 5 members of that committee. 3 dems and 2 republicans.
HB109
HB514
HB564
HB696
On HB696 the 3 senate sponsors are the members of that committee. We need to make sure HB696 gets our attention as that is a true gun confiscation bill.
NHFC has been posting on these bills.
https://www.nhfc-ontarget.org/2019/05/action-alerts/tuesday-57-critical-hearing-on-gun-confiscation/
I would start calling these senators who are the committee members: Welcome to the NH General Court | NH General Court

District 05 - Senator Martha Hennessey

State House
Room 302
107 North Main Street Concord NH 03301
Staff: Jessica Bourque

District 07 - Senator Harold French
[picture too large]
Legislative Office Building
Room 101-A
33 North State Street Concord NH 03301
Staff: Kathy Cummings

District 11 - Senator Shannon Chandley

State House
Room 105-A
Staff: Ava Hawkes

District 12 - Senator Melanie Levesque

State House
Room 105-A
Staff: Ava Hawkes

District 14 - Senator Sharon Carson

State House
Room 124
Staff: Deb Chroniak

Last edited:
From the NHFC email about the 4 bills that need to be stopped: Please call these senators.

We are down to the wire.

On Tuesday the Senate Judiciary Committee will vote on all four remaining anti-gun bills. We at NHFC need your help to stop them.

There are contact phone numbers at the bottom of the email to call the staff for the five Senators on the Judiciary committee.

When you call them, please treat them with respect; they are not the elected official that is stripping you of your rights, they are the non-partisan staff that serve all who are elected to the office of Senate. Be polite, yet insist that these 4 bills need to be voted Inexpedient to Legislate (ITL) by the Committee.

NO AMENDMENTS, NO CHANGES, NO COMPROMISE!!

The executive session for HB109, HB514, HB564, HB696 will be at 9:00AM on Tuesday, May 14 in State House Room 100. This is a public event and although you cannot testify, you can show up and record what they are doing. Officials that vote to strip law abiding of their Natural and Constitutional rights need to be exposed on Youtube and on the web.

Contact phone numbers are below for the Senators.
Senator Martha Hennessey, Chairman, 603.271.3042
Senator Shannon Chandley, Vice Chairman, 603.271.4151
Senator Melanie Levesque, 603.271.4151
Senator Sharon Carson, 603.271.3091
Senator Harold French, 603.271.4063

PRE-WRITTEN MESSAGE THAT YOU CAN SEND TO THE SENATE JUDICIARY COMMITTEE:

Dear Committee Members,

The Senate is considering 4 dangerous anti-gun bills. HB109, HB514, HB564 and HB696 will strip citizens of their Natural and Constitutional rights to protect themselves and their families. These four bills have little to no redeeming value and should be voted Inexpedient to Legislate [ITL]. New Hampshire has many problems that need your attention, but stripping citizens of their rights is not one of them. According to the FBI, New Hampshire isone of the safest states in the country and there is no reason to enact the laws of the states that high higher violent crime rates.

The following bills will not make New Hampshire a safer state:
HB 109, sell a gun to a friend and go to jail;
HB 514, up to 12 day wait between purchase and delivery of a firearm;
HB 564, criminal safe schools;
HB 696, elder care gun confiscation.

And last, but not least, Email Governor Sununu, [email protected],(or call him at (603) 271-2121) and urge him to veto all of the anti-gun bills, HB109, HB514, HB564, HB 696 that are still alive.

Back
Top Bottom