NH: [3], nope.. now 4 anti-gun bills , we need to call the Senate to stop them, update page 7

Everyone, make sure you ask your reps to sign in AGAINST this bill in addition to what every else that they are doing that day.

I’ve been wondering where my rep is in all this? He has been MIA at the most important votes the past few weeks. No vote/unexcused absences. I sent him a text a few days back with no response as of yet. I texted my floterial rep and he’s going to look into it. I’m pretty pissed.

So, the House passed the UBR and Waiting period bills yesterday

These two will move to the Senate and we will have another bite at the apple at senate hearings on these bills

Time to ramp up letters/calls to Gov Sununu.....who's so far been totally silent.......
I would expect the Gov to keep quiet either way. There is zero advantage to saying something in advance.

More details from NHFC soon, but here is a quick graphic of status of the Anti-gun bills at the 1/2 way point in the legislative progress.
For a state house that bans soda straws and plastic shopping bags, we have stopped or killed almost 50% of the anti-gun bills.
We need everyone on board for the 3/26 hearings.

Crossover bill status.png

Last edited:
More details from NHFC soon, but here is a quick graphic of status of the Anti-gun bills at the 1/2 way point in the legislative progress.
For a state house that bans soda straws and plastic shopping bags, we have stopped or killed 50% of the anti-gun bills.
We need everyone on board for the 3/26 hearings.

I'd love to help out. What is your Twitter and Instagram address? Gotta get this info out to the young people; they are the future. Might as well give Facebook also, but I don't do that one, though I'm sure someone else will.

I'd love to help out. What is your Twitter and Instagram address? Gotta get this info out to the young people; they are the future. Might as well give Facebook also, but I don't do that one, though I'm sure someone else will.
We are still at webpage and postal mail. We could use some additional help and volunteers who are willing to help in social media.
FB New Hampshire Firearms Coalition

PS. we just started sharing information in graphics... a minor step, but at least one in the correct direction given that most people consume information in pictures or video form.

I wholly disagree.....

The Gov had an opportunity yesterday to make a public statement not only about firearms but about the big gov bills that the house is trying to pass.......from straw bans to 11 day waiting periods........to tax/fee increases.....

He had a chance to point out that dems in NH are trying to do the same things that have been tried AND FAILED in other states like cali........

Instead he's so far chosen to remain silent......and by doing so he leaves people wondering if he really supports the people that voted for him and whats important to them.......or if he's just another politician sticking his finger in the air to determine which way the wind is blowing.

People are tired of sending unprincipaled politicians to washington dc......and we all know that Sununu has aspirations for federal office........

The longer Sununu waits to wade into what the house is doing, the more doubts the base has in how principled he is/is not......

If you look at primary numbers for the last 15 or so years its clear that candidates that cant/dont carry the base, fare badly against the dems.........because the base doesnt turn out for them.
Or he's stopping them from using his position as a rallying cry to raise an opposition force.
And it he did come out saying he'd veto, many would sit back and say nothing, making it look like more his idea than the people's.
Remember it's people sitting back thinking all is well after his election that got us a demo controlled legislature.

If he allows it to be signed into law he'll be ignored

Anything he does against the bill will become propaganda for the left........now.....he's got a choice of on boarding and rallying the base to him and establishing a pattern of trust.....or he can wait until the last minute and leave everyone hanging and forever wondering what he'll do if ever elected to office in DC where the power of the swamp is huuuuge.......

The left is going to attack him no matter what he does.......this is an opportunity for him to rally support and fundraise.....and it appears he's squandering it
I think we disagree on the use of tactics and hiding your strength from the enemy v. Making feel good statements.
Do you really think people are going to say they aren't donating after he vetos because " he didn't come out against early enough" no they will say he vetoed so here's my money.

I think we disagree on the use of tactics and hiding your strength from the enemy v. Making feel good statements.
Do you really think people are going to say they aren't donating after he vetos because " he didn't come out against early enough" no they will say he vetoed so here's my money.

I gotta agree with this. There is no benefit to flashing your cards with these bloodthirsty animals. They are going to gnash teeth and spit fire the second they don’t get everything they want so why give them more time to do damage?

Start Hitting up your state Senators. Use this link to find yours if you don't know already.

Welcome to the NH General Court | NH General Court

Start getting the message out on social media. Only way to reach people under 45. Not many hang out in coffee shops reading the paper any more.

I wholly disagree.....
The Gov had an opportunity yesterday to make a public statement not only about firearms
......because the base doesnt turn out for them.

turn it out over social media

Or he's stopping them from using his position ...
Remember it's people sitting back thinking all is well after his election that got us a demo controlled legislature.

use the power of ... social media to influence people and spread the truth...

If he allows it to be signed into law he'll be ignored

Anything he does against the bill will become propaganda ...

The left is going to attack him no matter what he does.......this is an opportunity for him to rally support and fundraise.....and it appears he's squandering it

The left will attack... in social media. How are you going to counter?

Shine the light. Show the truth. (you know, ...)

GET IT YET?

(just making a point here, and it is that you are being beaten, badly, by technology. Glad you are taking steps to fix this.)

What is your Twitter name and Instagram name?

Can't promote things if you don't even tell people.

There are a LOT of VERY POPULAR people out there on your side, and would be willing to share with their audience(s), IF you got them a compelling story to share. Just saying. Oh, and I bet MANY people in NH already follow THEM, so then can follow you.

Again, you need to get it out there.

Do we know that our target audience uses FB/Twitter/... ?

I'm still thinking radio, cuz cheap reach (and probably reaches target), but cheap <> free.

Not sure if serious...

twitter+instagram+audience+"new+hampshire" - Google Search

Basically, anyone under 45 years old, plus many over as well. Anyone with a smart phone.

By the way, it costs NOTHING!
Very serious. I'm frankly dubious on the effectiveness.

Presently I'm the Facebook admin of a group with >1800 members. Said group is for the local unit of an organization focused on a particular activity its members tend to be extremely passionate about.

We also maintain an old-fashioned email list for the (dues-paying) membership, <200. E-newsletters go out from time to time (depending on the season) via MailChimp.

Over the years, we've had the opportunity to pit one against the other. I can place an all-hands on FB, and get... nobody. Or at least nobody I wouldn't have gotten anyway. The MailChimp newsletter at least I'll get a few people to show.

Problem is, the e-newsletter is an opt-in, and nobody'll opt-into political crap.
1*8xraf6eyaXh-myNXOXkqLA.jpeg

And remember, in my case, it's news-and-info on something those people are passionate about already - I'm not trying to sell them on the benefits.

Signal-to-noise ratio on social media tends to be abysmal, barring the very specific case of friend-to-friend. And more and more, as the providers lose trust, people are dropping out.

Oh, and social media promo isn't exactly free: there's a time cost involved. There are only so many volunteers with so much free time to spend.

1800 ain't much. Figure on maybe 550 people actually opening the message, and maybe 120 even caring.

I'm talking about an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT SCALE here. Get you message out to hundred of thousands of NH residents.

Gun owners will continue to be our own worst enemies, with apathy and anti-gun brainwashing being the biggest issues. Mentioned the two NH House bills to my landlord. He owns firearms, but he said he doesn't waste time with politics anymore. He doesn't want the stress, and feels that as far as contacting legislators that it's a waste of time - that their minds can't be changed. As for the younger gun owners, none of them get that UBC's are just a registration, which always leads to confiscation eventually, and they just don't see why they are so bad. Most all of the other gun owners I speak with keep saying the same thing. "Can't change their minds, why bother, why vote, etc." and then bitch afterwards.

Here's what the other side is putting out:
upload_2019-3-23_11-53-38.png

... and here is one on OUR SIDE (with the power of many many thousands, many of whom would repost):
upload_2019-3-23_11-54-48.png

1800 ain't much. Figure on maybe 550 people actually opening the message, and maybe 120 even caring.

I'm talking about an ENTIRELY DIFFERENT SCALE here. Get you message out to hundred of thousands of NH residents.
How? Again, posting something nobody'll see isn't necessarily a good use of one's time.

Keep in mind, one of the major constituencies of the Donks is the FSA. They, by definition, have nothing BUT time... to post, to read posts, to repost, to call and write and whine and moan and complain and protest.

Our side is predominantly working people, for whom time is precious.

This is a lot like the situation re: "polls" that never seem to go our way, and become something of a self-fulfilling prophecy. Working people, as a rule, won't answer a phone call for an unrecognized number, so are thusly excluded from the polls. So the numbers come back in favor of Donkitude, which is duly reported by, well, everyone. From wherever it is they get their news, our side hears the results and becomes discouraged.

Speaking of:

Gun owners will continue to be our own worst enemies, with apathy and anti-gun brainwashing being the biggest issues. Mentioned the two NH House bills to my landlord. He owns firearms, but he said he doesn't waste time with politics anymore. He doesn't want the stress, and feels that as far as contacting legislators that it's a waste of time - that their minds can't be changed. As for the younger gun owners, none of them get that UBC's are just a registration, which always leads to confiscation eventually, and they just don't see why they are so bad. Most all of the other gun owners I speak with keep saying the same thing. "Can't change their minds, why bother, why vote, etc." and then bitch afterwards.

There's that discouragement thing again.

FWIW, while sitting at my makeshift office desk at the place we rented last fall in Franconia, the family was watching tube around the corner from me in the same room. I heard all sorts of Donk ads. I remember the Pappas ads in particular, since I recall making some Greek diner jokes at the time. Couldn't even tell you the name of his opponent.

And as much as we tend to focus on guns here, it isn't just that. It's an overall direction policy is headed: keeping New Hampshire New Hampshire, or turning it into Something Else Entirely.

OK, give up then and quit your whining. I'm done here.
JFC, I'm not saying give up. Quite the contrary. I'm saying there's a LOT of hard work that needs to be done, to keep New Hampshire from becoming Connecticut or Massachusetts. And, cuz we don't have a Free Shit Army we can employ, it won't be free. Probably won't be cheap.

Talking to friends/family/colleagues is something everyone can do, and tends to be the most effective form of persuasion. ("Talk" means regardless of medium employed: digital works fine here.)

This is how we get people to turn out to hearings, write letters/emails/phone calls and tell THEIR friends.......
Exactly, but there's a whole swath of people who aren't in our communications circle, who may be (generally) like-minded and who may not know what's happening and what's at stake.

Back
Top Bottom