NH: 2020 proprosed bill titles [LSRs] are now on line

jpk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Are you happy with the results?
Whether I'm happy/not happy is irrelevent

Its a matter of whats constitutional....

The NH Constitution indicates that the winning candidate be the one with a plurality of votes

You want to change that then you need to amend the constitution of nh

What would make me HAPPY is if our AG would get serious about going whole hogg and prosecuting/punishing voter fraud

jpk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0

KBCraig

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whether I'm happy/not happy is irrelevent

Its a matter of whats constitutional....

The NH Constitution indicates that the winning candidate be the one with a plurality of votes

You want to change that then you need to amend the constitution of nh
Nothing I've supported would do any such thing.

Approval voting still produces a winning candidate with a plurality of votes.

Kevin_NH

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

jpk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Nothing I've supported would do any such thing.

Approval voting still produces a winning candidate with a plurality of votes.
What the bill would do is to give people more than one vote.....

How has it worked in Maine so far?.....allow me to tell you.....its a complete utter shit show

timbo

Navy Veteran
NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Newest one just added by her, although I can't understand why /sarc

2020-2082 HB Title: imposing a ban on Harpoon Guns in New Hampshire.
Sponsors: (Prime) Katherine Rogers
Maybe she feels threatened by a harpoon gun as a whale would feel threatened...just sayin'

timbo

Navy Veteran
NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
yea, that fat cow is complaining about Sununu's proper/lawful/constitutional veto of HB 611

Sununu vetoes 'no excuse' voting by absentee

here's the purple wonders letter to the editor

Your Turn, NH: Rep. Katherine Rogers -- No excuse for vetoing 'no excuse' ballot law
I wish these hack rags hadn't shut down comments. There was usually more truth in those than the column/editorial/LTE. At least they would let common citizens parse the articles and seek the real truth.

EC1

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
“No excuse” benefits everyone, including seniors who might have trouble getting to the polls, rural voters far from a polling place, first responders whose schedules can be preempted, a single parent working two jobs, families whose kids get sick, someone with an unexpected trip, and all of us in dicey weather.

Rodgers left out that it might prevent out of state non-residents (read that as liberal democrats) to vote illegally in NH.

jpk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I wish these hack rags hadn't shut down comments. There was usually more truth in those than the column/editorial/LTE. At least they would let common citizens parse the articles and seek the real truth.
Isnt that the truth

Commenters on the UL site used to put the editors to shame for factually incorrect/poor reporting

KBCraig

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What the bill would do is to give people more than one vote.....

How has it worked in Maine so far?.....allow me to tell you.....its a complete utter shit show
And then out of those votes cast, the person with the most votes wins.

Maine doesn't have approval voting. They have ranked choice voting, which is an utter shit show, because it's not at all the same system.

jpk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
And then out of those votes cast, the person with the most votes wins.

Maine doesn't have approval voting. They have ranked choice voting, which is an utter shit show, because it's not at all the same system.
Doesnt distract from the issue.......the dems are trying to pass a bill that will effectively allow a person to cast more than one vote and alter elections........not to mention the fact that the constitution provides for the candidate with the plurality of votes wins

One person
One vote

KBCraig

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesnt distract from the issue.......the dems are trying to pass a bill that will effectively allow a person to cast more than one vote and alter elections........not to mention the fact that the constitution provides for the candidate with the plurality of votes wins

One person
One vote
Have you never voted in a multi-member race in NH?

They literally say, "Vote for not more than n candidates". (It can be as many as 24, I think, depending on the district.)

One person.
One vote for everyone they want to see win.

Mother Deuce

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably the easiest way to deal with this kind of crap is to pass a bill that requires any sort of firearms legislation to be brought before the people for a vote.
The power of a few or in Massachusetts's case one to write legislation that effects all of us significantly should be voted on by "we the people."
We need to empower ourselves. This is not going away, they are going to keep throwing the same shit at the wall till it sticks.

jpk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Have you never voted in a multi-member race in NH?

They literally say, "Vote for not more than n candidates". (It can be as many as 24, I think, depending on the district.)

One person.
One vote for everyone they want to see win.
Thats not what is being discussed or proposed...I dont feel like you're being honest about this discussion.....furthermore you're example demonstrates exactly my point.....that the voter gets multiple votes under whats being proposed.

One office (Gov, Senator, CD 1/2 Rep etc)
One vote for the person you wish to see fill that office

jpk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Probably the easiest way to deal with this kind of crap is to pass a bill that requires any sort of firearms legislation to be brought before the people for a vote.
The power of a few or in Massachusetts's case one to write legislation that effects all of us significantly should be voted on by "we the people."
We need to empower ourselves. This is not going away, they are going to keep throwing the same shit at the wall till it sticks.
Brilliant Idea......mob rule

Rights are not up for a vote

42!

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
In MA this would mean the end to firearms ownership.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
... the initial fillings for next years bills. ... first three:
2020-2001 HB Title: imposing a ban on assault weapons in New Hampshire.

2020-2002 HB Sponsors: (Prime) Katherine Rogers
2020-2003 HB Sponsors: (Prime) Katherine Rogers

These bills are being filled by the same state rep that was convicted of assaulting another. ...
Seems to be some incongruity here.

She has no standing, as they say sometimes.

timbo

Navy Veteran
NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The State House website is now showing the initial fillings for next years bills.
Here are the first three:

LSR's Found: 81
2020-2001 HB Title: imposing a ban on assault weapons in New Hampshire.
2020-2002 HB Title: requiring a background check for commercial firearms sales.
2020-2003 HB Title: imposing a waiting period between the purchase and delivery of a firearm.

These bills are being filled by the same state rep that was convicted of assaulting another.

NH General Court

Time to stay involved
New Hampshire House State Representative, Katherine Rogers (D-Concord), pleaded guilty to assaulting a citizen during a ballot recount in 2016.

Dem Rep Pleads Guilty to Assaulting a Citizen; Then It Got UGLY...

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hashtags I use when tweeting this stuff:
#RKBA #2A #secondamendment #civilright #civilrights #freedom #liberty #tyrant #tyranny #constitution #usconstitution

SpaceCritter

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Top Bottom