NH 2020 Gun Bill Legislation List. See Post #1

Current status based on OP is that a bunch of bad bills have passed and a bunch more WILL pass and go to Gov Sununu's desk

Food for thought

If we take Gov Sununu based on his actions and own words, given his overt violation of right to assemble, right to redress, right to worship, 4th amendment rights, 5th amendment rights and a pile of other overt violations aliong with abandonment of the NH GOP party platforn........why does anyone actually believe he's going to do the right thing and veto all/any of the anti RKBA bills that land on his desk?

Because he did it last year! You got a dam short memory, and loyalty runs both ways. His vetos last year showed where he stands, we need to remind him of that, but we also need to acknowledge it.

This pandemic is a tough situation. The gov has a duty to protect its citizens but needs to balance this against their personal freedoms, frankly, there is no complete win in what they do. And there are some things I think they F'd up and others that make sense. Keep in mind, that if everyone cared about how they and their actions could affect other people, there would be no problem. But that's not how a lot, maybe most, think.

I've thanked and acknowledged Sununu's eventual veto's of a lot of bad bills

But at the same time he signed into law a bunch of bills that are equally destructive of liberty/freedom

No one is perfect, I have no illusions of holding out for perfection......

But Sununu just said the following in combination with his gross violations of civil rights

What-trumps-what-in-this-crisis.png

I dont thing anyone can/will argue that his actions are lawful let alone constitutional.......so how do we nudge the governor back onto the rails?
Are you going to post this on the corona thread as well? If all you want to do is throw shat then go for it, but it it really mattered to you you'd stick to a discussion in a thead.

All, there are a significant number of bills that have passed the house or senate and will be passed to the other house of the legislature for hearings in coming weeks

Right now there's no indication that normal processes will return for forseeable future and we'll need to "attend" and "testify" electronically/over zoom

The link below is an example of a Senate hearing scheduled for Fri 5/29

Please consider familiarizing yourself with the process in advance

Its important that we continue to oppose bad gun bills and do everything possible to prevent passage in the legislature

This may actually work in our favor and make it easier for larger numbers of people to "attend" and "testify" electronically

Only if you can communicate to them, and assist them getting online. Some advance workshops on this would be a wise idea for the winning team.

Use tomorrows unrelated hearing as a test run, connect via Zoom then choose not to testify after connected

Instructions were in the previous pdf

I suspect a lot of people are familiar with use of Zoom.....its easy to use but like all things....the first time doing something new/different is sometimes challenging

Second time is much easier usually

So, how are you getting this information out to the hundreds, or thousands, of New Hampshire voters you are looking for? Do you have any sort of mail chain, maybe through the sportman's clubs? Through some other group or affiliation? I don't even live in NH, so I'm of no help to you.

Sununu vetoed the last batch of anti 2a bills because he had, and wanted, the support of the people. Forgetting this, and encouraging others to pull that support is not the act of an honorable man.

Working to undermine the one person who stands between our 2a freedoms and the loss of those freedoms is no less than actively working to remove those freedoms yourself. If JPK gets his way we would all turn against Sununu, he has made that plainly clear. This would result in our loss of our 2a freedoms.

Sununu is not perfect, no man is. But he is the best assurance we have and I'm not going to stab him in the back.

Everyone will make their own decision. I will continue to call/email Sununu's office and ask him to veto these bills as he has past ones. And I will support him come next election when he does.

HB687 (Red Flag) and HB1660 (Vuln Adult Red Flag) bills have both passed senate and house and are sitting on the senate presidents desk and have been for several weeks now waiting to be signed before the Sec of State's office sends to the Governor to sign/veto/allow to become law by doing nothing

This is the same thing that the dem sen president did last year......hung onto political bills hoping for a crisis before dumping on the governors desk in the hope that it will sway his decision/force him to sign unconstitutional legislation into law

This would be a good time to send Sununu red pens, call/email his office
Not smart on their part, because I think Sununu remarked something like "If it's so critical, why did you sit on it for months/" at the last veto session.

Sununu apparently vetoed HB1660 today and went along with the republican caucus in house/senate as well as a few dems and libertarians who opposed the bill that radical marxist dems were pushing

HB687 is still pending.....word has it that the senate president is sitting on it and waiting for a tragedy to try to help make political hay......ie the bill has no merit on its own....otherwise she wouldnt be sitting on it
A little Irish curse: mayhaps, if she's waiting on a tragedy, it be hers lest she be disappointed. [grin]

Sununu apparently vetoed HB1660 today and went along with the republican caucus in house/senate as well as a few dems and libertarians who opposed the bill that radical marxist dems were pushing

HB687 is still pending.....word has it that the senate president is sitting on it and waiting for a tragedy to try to help make political hay......ie the bill has no merit on its own....otherwise she wouldnt be sitting on it
Watch the Governor's website for press releases.

Back
Top Bottom