NGOs have they been all Liberal ?

71montess

NES Member
Every time I Hear about an NGO it's a place that employs minorities and Liberals. Is there a way a Republican led house and Senate can get the IRS to tax them into oblivion ? They never seem to be a good thing for America.

How would they not be liberal, how many conservative charities or organizations like that are working in other countries? Aside from some faith based ones, that is.

From the above article.

Understanding NGOs and Government Funding​

While an NGO can be funded entirely or in part by government funding, it may keep its non-governmental status by prohibiting government representatives from membership. In the United States, about 1.5 million NGOs are in operation, representing a wide variety of causes. Some NGOs focus on developmental projects, such as clean water while others promote awareness of specific causes, such as gender equality.

I opened this thread because so many Times I hear and read about an NGO with a total opposite philosophy of government involvement in our lives . The proliferation of these NGOs is in my opinion a huge problem. I think it needs more light shown on it and more conservative opposition than it now gets !

I have a buddy that has worked for NGO's his entire career. He is truly pretty centrist and thoughtful in his political views, ie he thinks Trump has got a lot fo the things he promised done. He tells me that most NGO's get the same amount of funds from the government regardless of who's in office. Much of their funding comes from other countries, as well as private donors.

I have a buddy that has worked for NGO's his entire career. He is truly pretty centrist and thoughtful in his political views, ie he thinks Trump has got a lot fo the things he promised done. He tells me that most NGO's get the same amount of funds from the government regardless of who's in office. Much of their funding comes from other countries, as well as private donors.
Soros. And the problem of being centrist is you don’t mind spreading lefty propaganda.

While proliferation of NGO's could lend increasing cover for those who would abuse them for money or influence, to assume they are all inherently a bad thing is ridiculous. For example, finding fault with a privately funded organization that fights drug resistant forms of TB across the world takes a special brand of paranoia. I would agree that oversight is a good idea and any organization determined to be a shell for political activity should be regulated and taxed accordingly, if not banned outright.

Also I find the all too common knee-jerk reaction that NGO's must have ulterior liberal political motives to be quite disappointing. Part of my conservative view is that I have some personal obligation to look out for my fellow man within my ability to do so, and in a manner of my choosing- not the government's choosing. Focused, private organizations allow me to do this in a manner that leverages the resources of many like-minded individuals.

Well the tentacles of the NGO system run deep I can tell you that. my conservative view is unless I want goverment in my life, stay out As much as possible. I also don’t care if anyone holds a philosoph of caring for fellow man as much as possible but do it without impacting my philosophy.

A huge chunk of them are based (and operate) overseas. Good luck taxing that.

Some of them are helpful, like the ones that help refugees. Especially if they're not involved in my wallet in any way...

ETA: I worked alongside an NGO once, an African agency that sent volunteers around the world to clear minefields in conflict areas so the cows and kids wouldn't blow their feet off. Those guys would head out at a moments' notice and rip AT mines out of the ground for hours, wearing nothing but a flak vest. Some of the bravest people I've ever met. My unit found a LOT of UXO, and those guys would willingly come deal with stuff we wouldn't come near with a ten-foot pole.

Last edited:
NGO's are another tentacle the commies use to manipulate and gain control over policies, further advancing their agenda. The UN is full of them too. When they they speak it all sounds so good and nonthreatening, however underneath the truth is quite different.
O'Sullivan's First Law: All organizations that are not actually right-wing will over time become left-wing. I cite as supporting evidence the ACLU, the Ford Foundation, and the Episcopal Church. The reason is, of course, that people who staff such bodies tend to be the sort who don't like private profit, business, making money, the current organization of society, and, by extension, the Western world. ...​

You mention he's a centrist.....as if thats a good thing. 🙄

You mention he's a centrist.....as if thats a good thing. 🙄
Depends what axis we measure on. For example, libertarians are centrists between authoritarian and anarchist. So many common words - left, right, liberal, conservative, common sense - are completely untethered from meaning at this point.

I remember during my late teens when I did tech installations for World Learning, sitting there in an office working on a computer and listen to these idiots blather on and on about meeting with this committee and that committee and yada yada consortium this and consortium that, all to support some NGO that you could not tell at all what they actually did other than have meetings here and there and listening to conference calls which literally just talked about setting up other conference calls and other meetings to discuss meetings with the consortium. I worked there for a few years and never figured out what the NGO they were supporting actually did.

Depends what axis we measure on. For example, libertarians are centrists between authoritarian and anarchist.
Is there a single libertarian who would agree with that?
After all, consider the leetle cards they hand out
when they stop you on the sidewalk and say,

Excuse me, sir. Are you familiar with our political party​
whose sole tenet is to leave people alone?​
[wink]
OPH-Poster.jpg

So many common words - left, right, liberal, conservative, common sense - are completely untethered from meaning at this point.
You write that like it's not someone's goal...
( [rofl] )

I used the word "centrist" to differentiate from the perception that they are all left-win liberals.
I remember during my late teens when I did tech installations for World Learning, sitting there in an office working on a computer and listen to these idiots blather on and on about meeting with this committee and that committee and yada yada consortium this and consortium that, all to support some NGO that you could not tell at all what they actually did other than have meetings here and there and listening to conference calls which literally just talked about setting up other conference calls and other meetings to discuss meetings with the consortium. I worked there for a few years and never figured out what the NGO they were supporting actually did.

I think he would agree with this sentiment - that there's a lot of blather in his space. He's mostly been in the field making things happen.

Overhead is a huge problem with any NGO or charity, and with the government. Some are better at it than others, and the ones who are worst at it are the least transparent.

Overhead is a huge problem with any NGO or charity, and with the government. Some are better at it than others, and the ones who are worst at it are the least transparent.
Once they get entrenched for enough decades, overhead isn't the problem - it's the goal.
Remember how upset people got at the Red Cross after 9/11?

Once they get entrenched for enough decades, overhead isn't the problem - it's the goal.
Remember how upset people got at the Red Cross after 9/11?

Red Cross has always been shit, its just that nobody really knew until the internet era.

the Democrats, by tacitly encouraging and bailing out foundation-funded NGO staffers with secret identities and superhero-style Antifa outfits during the tolerated anti-Trump riots of Summer 2020

Back
Top Bottom