• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NFL Free Agency/retirement/ Trades

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Shocking. He was such a force and retiring so young.
I know he has had at least 3 concussions and possibly he is feeling the effects of those. I think Gronk also had issues with this, as well as other physical injuries.

"There's only one way to play this game since I was a little kid -- play fast, play physical and play strong,'' Kuechly said. "And at this point I don't know if I am able to do that anymore. That's the part that is the most difficult.''

Kuechly paused to gather his emotions.

"I still want to play, but I don't think it's the right decision,'' he continued. "I thought about it for a long time. Now is an opportunity to step away with what's going on here.''

MAGG

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Luke has definitly had more than three concussions...the ones that were reported were severe....but he epitomized class and integrity and honor in a sport where 90% of these meatheads are narcissistic bags who celebrate like they won the lottery after every play...I am an old school guy and miss the classy players like Luke.....Hopefully he will be okay the rest of his life...his onfield play will be missed

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Oh yeah, Antonio Gates announced he's retiring. He was a couple days ago.

And Ben Watson did too.

I believe Dak Prescott will be a free agent, possibly restricted, at the end of this contract year. Last I checked Dallas had not signed him as of yet but it's possible JJ was focused on hiring a HC but that's been done. So let's see what happens with that. Of course they could decide to franchise him.

Of course we know there are a bunch of players on the Patriots who will be up for FA status, notably on the defense but also a couple of our best players on offense as well have contracts coming up.

Salary cap for 2020 has been announced at :

The NFL informed all 32 teams on Tuesday that the 2020 salary cap will increase to between $196.8 million and $201.2 million, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport. The increased cap figure is a bit of good news for the Bears, who are one of six teams with more than $200 million committed to its roster in 2020.

The salary cap for 2019 was set at $188.2 million.
source:Projected 2020 NFL salary cap is good news for the Bears

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Amendola is going to be a free agent. Should the Pats bring him back?

Edelman is "old" for a WR and has been really beat up this past season, not to mention prior concussions. Should they trade him?

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Where is Dak Prescott going to go if not to Dallas??? I'm not sure he's all that he was that first year. So he won't get much love outside of DFW. I mean, here was a group of people that worshiped the ground that Romo walked upon. ????

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Where is Dak Prescott going to go if not to Dallas??? I'm not sure he's all that he was that first year. So he won't get much love outside of DFW. I mean, here was a group of people that worshiped the ground that Romo walked upon. ????
Well, I am sure there are a number of teams where he could go and be an upgrade.

Strangely enough NO has zero QBs under contract at the end of this season, Hill is a RFA, Brees and Bridgewater are UFA. Of course they may sign 1 or 2 of them. Brees is 40 or 41? Is Hill their QB of the future? I think Tedy started 8 games and NO won all 8. The only loss was the game he came in when Brees got hurt.

I definitely think Dak has "skills." The whole damn Dallas team "has skills" which is why it was evident to anyone with a brain that a good part of the problem had to be with the coaching staff.

And I'm not saying Dak goes to NO, but why not? He's a proven starter with playoff experience (limited for sure). And have you seen some of these starters? What about LAC?Are they going to need a new QB? What about the Eagles? Though they probably can't afford Dak AND Goff and Goff gets freaking hurt EVERY YEAR. I'm just saying, there's possibilities. All those places that people are talking about Brady going to, why wouldn't those teams also be interested in Dak? I know he doesn't have the resume but he is YOUNGER by a WHOLE LOT.

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Free Agents Dallas might go after:

One player who is already in Dallas but will hit free agency is Randall Cobb. He spent his entire career with McCarthy but was allowed to leave in free agency in 2019 — after McCarthy was fired. Cobb was on hand for McCarthy’s introductory press conference and would surely love to work with his old coach again.

Mason Crosby, K
This one may, or may not truly affect draft plans. Dallas has typically gone the free agency route when it comes to kickers, and they have found some good ones this way. They landed Billy Cundiff, Nick Folk, and Dan Bailey this way. They even had Kai Forbath with the team as an undrafted free agent in 2011 with Bailey, but he lost that competition. Forbath, of course, returned this past season to Dallas and replaced another undrafted free agent, Brett Maher.

Mike Daniels, DL
Another player who was with Mike McCarthy in Green Bay that could help the Cowboys is Mike Daniels. A fourth-round pick from Iowa in 2012, Daniels ended up developing into one of the better defensive linemen in the NFL. The 310-pounder was used as both a defensive tackle as well as an end in the Packers’ 3-4 defense and by his third season in the league, he was their full-time starter (although he still recorded 6.5 sacks in his second season despite recording just one start).

Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, S
Yes, Mike McCarthy is an offensive-minded coach, but this list is not full of offensive players. Outside of trying to get Cobb to re-sign, there aren’t many former players on that side of the ball that Dallas can go after. There are plenty on defense though.

After looking at Mike Daniels, we now have a potential safety that could help Dallas out in Ha Ha Clinton-Dix. The 21st overall pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, Clinton-Dix became a full-time starter during his rookie season and played in 71 games for the Packers. In that span, he had 351 tackles, 14 picks, 25 pass defenses, and three forced fumbles.

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Who should the Pats re sign?

TB12, Devin McCourty, Van Noy, Collins, Slater and Thuney are all going to be free agents. Elandon Roberts as well and this dude worked both sides of the ball!

Top Bottom