• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NFGA Last NRA 80 this Saturday....

I just sent this out to all the people I have emails for
Here is a copy for those here that I don't have emails for
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello All,

I'm emailing all of you to.... Ask a Favor.

I AM ASKING...... :) PLEASE...

Pack up the gear and strap on the coat for one more NRA Approved 80 at NFGA this Saturday. (9AM Start Time)

http://www.nfga.org/highpower/pdfs/nfga_2011_schedule.pdf

I'll apologize here for the length of this email but this is to explain the situation.

*** For next season we will be greatly reducing the number of NRA Approved 80's at NFGA. ***

(possibly only 3 - 5 NRA 80's)

Last year and previous years while shooting at NFGA and other clubs many of you had mentioned to me that you would like to see more

(Non League) NRA Approved Full Course 80's scheduled in the area. The reasons were mostly for the goal of working on improving classifications and getting bumped up when you earned it as opposed to having the scores go in at the end of the year like all our area League matches do.

Last year we scheduled some extra NRA 80's at NFGA and some of you were able to improve your classifications.

This year I over did it and scheduled 13 NRA Approved 80's at NFGA!!! (more of you improved your classifications)

We are reducing the number of NRA 80's for mainly 2 reasons:

1- Work and time commitment it takes to host matches:

When we put the matches on the schedule it is a commitment (like a job) for the match director and his helpers to be there.

Showing up and shooting/running the match is aprox 1/4 of the work it takes.

(Budget, Club meetings, Planning, Range preperation and Paperwork are the other 3/4)

2- Light turnouts at many of the NRA 80's:

When we planned out the 2011 schedule back in January we did the best we could avoiding schedule conflicts with other clubs but avoiding schedule conflicts 100% is very hard to do and takes more coordination between clubs than we had last year.

Weather was also factor at some of the matches this year but there was light turnouts at many of the matches.

I want to take this time to say Thank You to;

Duane Brown, Jeff Hirtle, Charlie Trickett, Bob Belanger, Mike Petrowicz and Dave Marshall.

None of these people are NFGA membersbut they all pitched in (or offered) to help at one time or another this season to call the line or the pits.

David Lavoie, Chris Metildi, Rich Skowronski, Scott Cunan and I typically call the line and the pits at NFGA and we are gratefull for the help.

Bruce Browne is the guy we should all Thank for how nice the NFGA Range looks as he does the mowing (& much more) every week.

Anyway That is the Situation my Friends...

If you enjoyed shooting at NFGA let us know by showing up to shoot the Last NRA 80 of 2011 this Saturday.

Thanks and...

See you Saturday?????

George

I welcome any feedback any of you would care to share with me on this.

Please forward to anyone I missed.

Im in. Don't forget my loaner [smile]
extra ammo for some extra sighters please. I'll bring $40 [grin]

I'll have the loaner and ammo but in NRA Approved 80's you only get 2 sighters before each stage of fire.
88 rounds total is the norm unless you have an alibi in a rapid string

Video of last 80 round at NFGA

Thanks to everyone at the range. You all made it a great experience for a new shooter.
Special thanks to George Smith and Dave Lavoie.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Great day, great match, and I achieved a goal that I had set for myself at the start of the season.

Thanks to the Nashua crew for another well-run match. See you next season!

Great day, great match, and I achieved a goal that I had set for myself at the start of the season.

Thanks to the Nashua crew for another well-run match. See you next season!

Now it's time to set another goal or two for next season :D

I've got 2 of mine, but can't attempt them until Perry...next year though: 792club. 495club is a goal, but a tough one, since we only have what...1 or 2 50shot matches a year?

Now it's time to set another goal or two for next season :D

I've got 2 of mine, but can't attempt them until Perry...next year though: 792club. 495club is a goal, but a tough one, since we only have what...1 or 2 50shot matches a year?

Next year is master and some points. Need to focus on my offhand and sitting rapids to get there. It's going to be a long winter. [grin]

THANK YOU! to all that showed up yesterday!
I hope you all had a good time yesterday and all of this season at NFGA.

I was very happy to see the turnout for the last 80 of the season.
Turnouts like that make all the work worthwhile.

I was just able to checking all the math on the scorecards and get the results to the webmaster tonight so the results are up at http://www.nfga.org/highpower/pdfs/20111015_NRA80.pdf

There were some very challenging wind a light conditions yesterday that made a great finish to the NFGA Season.

Again Thank You to those that came and I hope you had a good time!
George

PS:
Brian, you freakin hammered!
I hope you and that new rifle can make NRA week 2012!!!!!

Last edited:
Thanks for all the hard work George, I had a great time! Not sure if Perry is in the cards, but I will be doing lots more shooting locally next year.

B

Thanks again, George, Dave, Rich, and all the others who help out down there. You guys run a really clean match.
Brian, really nice score. Not bad for shooting a new rifle that doesn't fit you quite right.
Brianoffhand.jpg

If you win every time I ride down with you, I think you should pay my match fees.

Last edited:
Holy crap my OH position looked like a train wreck. Only good thing I can say about it is I have the "don't pee on your toes" right. Beyond that it's a mess. I'll work on that this winter.

B

Last edited:
Well, I was going to say something about your position, but the guy who shoots a 760 generally doesn't give advice to the guy who just hammered out a 789.[smile]

Back
Top Bottom