NFA Trust Questions

Looking for a little insight on a few items....
1. Based on what I have read / researched - I can put all of my firearms in my NFA trust (correct?) - can I also place other items, i.e. machine tools / shop items / coins etc in the same trust?
2. How do I finalize the trust? Is it complete and enforceable once the notary seals it? Does it need to be filed anywhere?

Thanks in advance.

try contacting one of our site sponsors, Red Dog Legal. one of their ads is at the top right of the browser. I have used him before and he was quite helpful. best of luck

A trust is just a third party legal entity. It can "own" things just like a person. Ownership needs to transferred to the trust.

IANAL but did work in Finance for a time and dealt with them a little.

Good luck.

Yes you can put anything in the same trust including tools.

If it is a registered or titled asset such as an equity account or property then the registration and/or title must be changed to reflect the trust. For example your form 4 will have the trust for your M16 or your F-150 title.

For anything else or something like grandma's Tiffany lamp (especially something without a serial number) a description is sufficient but could be challenged at a later time.

Thanks for the replies - I was able to confirm through a lawyer as well. MA doesn't require a filing and the trust is in effect after it is funded/notarized. Any property can go in it.
Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom