NFA trust NH

DarthRevan

NES Member
Good morning folks,
Looking to head into the world of cans.
I want to set up a trust and was curious who are the current recommendations for doing so.
Thanks.

We di this one. Super simple, just need a notary. Which my LGS is a notary. You may want to get fancy and pay a lawyer, but this worked just fine for us.

Some dealers in NH have the silencer central kiosk. You just do it all online now. They send you follow up docs via email. It’s super easy. For simple can trusts, this seems the way to go. If you are looking for a more sophisticated and flexible trust for multiple NFA items beyond suppressors, I’d involve a lawyer for that. For just individual cans, SC seems easiest route, with a trust for each one.

Some dealers in NH have the silencer central kiosk. You just do it all online now. They send you follow up docs via email. It’s super easy. For simple can trusts, this seems the way to go. If you are looking for a more sophisticated and flexible trust for multiple NFA items beyond suppressors, I’d involve a lawyer for that. For just individual cans, SC seems easiest route, with a trust for each one.
I eventually want to add SBRs I think, not sure about that yet where up here I can just get pistols. Or just multiple cans under one set of documents.

I eventually want to add SBRs I think, not sure about that yet where up here I can just get pistols. Or just multiple cans under one set of documents.
I'm in the same boat but decided that I'd just do a SC trust for each can and call it a day. If I SBR at some point, I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. I'm guessing like a 9 month ATF wait for NFA stuff.

I used 199 trust and have no issues with it. This was several years ago before SC and some of these other sources were around.

I’ve updated my trust a few times for things like moving to a different state, got married and added the wife as a responsible party. I’ve amended the trust as to who is a responsible party, added and removed people and changed beneficiaries.

199 Trust has been very informative and helpful as to setting it up, answering all kinds of questions and assisting in making changes.

Going with a lawyer who specializes in your specific state will always be the best way to go, but it will typically also come with one of the highest costs to set up. I would also ask if and what they charge to change and answer your questions going forward.

Once you have the trust set up you can go to your local bank or town hall to have it notarized. All the girls in my town hall acted as witnesses for mine when I moved here and had it changed and notarized.

Back
Top Bottom