• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NFA SBR engraving in Mass

Ha.

I didn't know it had to be put on the side of every form 1 item I ever made when I set the name of my trust. Oh well. Live and learn. Its

<lastname> family nfa item revocable trust.>

Yeah, our trust name is eleven characters and that includes "trust". We wanted to keep it simple but recognizable and it means something to us but nobody else. The documents behind the trust make it what it is, not the name.

Took my lower to Nitor Laser in Southwick MA. The owner Steve stayed late to accommodate my schedule and did a great job with the lower. I got a nice tour of the place too showing off all the work he does for manufacturers of guns and accessories. He's even starting a small retail shop. Great guy.

www.nitorlaser.com

I've been trying to get down there to get mine done and have talked to Steve and Todd, but so far for the last couple of weeks every time we make arrangements a damn snowstorm comes in or something else crops up. I'm about ready to take time off from work to go. Steve even said if I wanted to come after dinner some night he would shoot over to the shop to do it. That's some great customer service.

Just want to bump this thread up, as we're doing this by word of mouth, pretty much. Probably done a good 10-15 engravings for some guys since I last posted.

Took a few items to Nitor for engraving today. Todd was great and engraved the items while I waited. It is a bit of a drive to Southwick, but it was worth it.

I met Bill at Jack's Machine in Hanson, MA today for my NFA engraving and he did an amazing job. Here are the photos of the lowers he engraved today:

132a_zps0hn9kvd9.jpg
129a_zps1ko5spqv.jpg

This is the wife's lower that he deep laser engraved on the back side of the mag well:
134_zpsehv40vtd.jpg
130_zpsrzcqv240.jpg

Oh, I like that location.

I put mine on the front of the magwell. It is three words, so it fit in a triangle pattern nicely.

Jack's does nice work. I will be heading back there with a few more jobs.

It took some work to setup the lower for that position but I like it there. Would have been easier to clamp if I left the buffer tubes on.

Wife hasn't seen her lower yet; she is going to FLIP!

I met Bill at Jack's Machine in Hanson, MA today for my NFA engraving and he did an amazing job. Here are the photos of the lowers he engraved today:

Nice.

Jack's did mine earlier this week. I have only one... for now. I think I am 2 weeks wait behind you.

What file format would be acceptable for an image on the side of the magwell?

Vector. There are a few vector formats and you can convert them for free online. It's best if you start with a two color GIF bc JPG's are difficult to get right with the pixelation.

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys, I appreciate it!

A few pages ago in this thread somewhere I made a long ass post detailing everything about the engraving we do, including any kind of artwork you want done. I'm on my phone otherwise I'd look for it.

That inside the magwell is amazing!

Thanks, there is plenty of space there (laugh). What was it Bill, 9/64ths? That's more than twice as much space as the required 1/16th for the lettering although it was a pain for Bill to position it juuust right.

I love how everything came out, thanks again Jack's Machine!

That inside the magwell is amazing!

I have to say thats impressive. I frankly didn't see the value originally since I have a mall place that does the engraving for $20 and it is in compliance with ATF Spec.

But all my stuff has needed to be engraved on large flat areas. Its definitely worth the extra money to be able to engrave in such discreet places.

Second on the magwell idea, good spot.

I finished another item I need engraved, sent Bill a PM, hoping to swing by Friday AM.

Thanks guys. I filled the engraving with nail polish and it looks great.

I also filled the wife's bunny head w purple glitter nail polish and it looks pretty rockstar. Just enough color to be girlie without screaming pink and purple all over.
View attachment 134649

Last edited:
Visited Bill and Mike this morning at Jack's Machine (got to meet Jack as well) to get my M92 laser marked/engraved. Great service as always. Really can't beat their setup, text generation and laser marking while you wait! The other work previous posters had done looks good as well. Thanks as always guys!

Another big thumbs up for Jacks. I was amazed . They did 3 guns for me the other day

If anybody in the Western Mass area is looking to get a lower engraved, I highly recommend Nitor Laser and Engraving in Southwick, MA. Veteran owned and operated, and a professionally run business. Steve and Todd stayed late to accommodate my schedule, and provided
great service.

SBRengraving (2).jpg

Wow I feel special that a thread I started has been kept alive for this long lol.
I'll probably need some of this info soon as well...getting a trust set up in the near future.

Anyone get their receiver cerakoted after engraving? I'm curious if it was filled in or not.

^This is a good question. I made sure my engraving was plenty deep but I know the wife wants to have her AR Cerakoted and this is a consideration.

JACKS DID MY ENGRAVING TODAY ON MY MP5 CLONE (DJ GETZ 94). VERY PROFESSIONAL AND THE BEST TO DEAL WITH. BILL WAS GREAT AND VERY INFORMATIVE. WILL BE DOING MY NEXT AR LOWER 10.5 INCH. $65 DOLLARS IN AND OUT IN 20 MINUTES. VERY PROFESSIONAL. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Anyone get their receiver cerakoted after engraving? I'm curious if it was filled in or not.

Im planning on having a SBR cerakoted. I spoke to the owner of Nitor laser in southwick about it last time I was in the shop. He said he would have to make the engraving deeper than normal in order to be sure the cerokate wouldn't fill it in.

He also said you could engrave after cerokate get but he'd be concerned if the coating would start chipping away after time.

Back
Top Bottom