• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NFA Items - Picture thread

Ditto on this question. It looks like the magazine for an M&P 15-22. Can you run those in a standard AR lower?

Ooh, maybe using one of these?

There are also these, but I don’t know if they work well.

I have that same LWRCI UCIW stock on mine. Highly recommend!

Here she is in her previous configuration. I've made a few changes since, but I don't have new pictures.

View attachment 358728
Great looking stick.
I was worried using their buffer at first, but I have had no problems.
Makes the rifle 2 inches shorter, the kit is such a bargain for $130, surprising more guys arent using them. 1590016985181.png

Last edited:
What mags do you run for the 22lr? I'm trying to find ones that feed reliably. Some of my BD mags hang up and don't feed.
Ditto on this question. It looks like the magazine for an M&P 15-22. Can you run those in a standard AR lower?

Ooh, maybe using one of these?

Correct, Better Mag adapter with M&P 15/22 Magazines.
The Better mag adapter took some work to get it to fit in the magwell when I first got it, I spent about a 1/2 an hour with a file and some sanding blocks removing material til it fit.
Its a bit of a pain to split the rifle and install it every time, but it works flawlessly with the CMMG 22LR upper.
I can take some pics of it installed if you like?
The gun rarely jams and locks the bolt open on an empty mag, every time.
Little kids to grandmothers, Everyone who shots it has a huge grin on their face.
Shooting steel at 15 yards with it is a blast, you can dump a mag into a 10 inch plate no problem.
I

Last edited:
There are also these, but I don’t know if they work well.

I dont see why those would not work, but they wont lock the bolt back on an empty mag and allow the bolt catch/bolt release to work like on the 5.56 upper. The Boonie Packer Better Mag Adapter does and is worth the effort in my opinion.

Last edited:
Very nice. What optics are those?
On the LMT 5.56 upper, its an Aimpoint Pro in a Larue cantilevered mount with an Aimpoint 3X Magnifier (the cheap one) in a Larue flip to side mount behind it.

I tried to mirror the form and function on the the CMMG upper with a Primary Arms Red dot and a Primary Arms 3X magnifier in Primary Arms mounts.

Great looking stick.
Makes the rifle 2 inches shorter, the kit is such a bargain for $130, surprising more guys arent using them.View attachment 358861

I had one, and it was neat on a short gun, but I sold it a few years ago. Its like the Glock 43 to me, too big and too small at the same time. I need long length of pull to shoot comfortably, and if I need the rifle to be shorter I'm using a LAW folder or packing my MCX because 2 inches shorter isn't short enough.

Great looking stick.
Makes the rifle 2 inches shorter, the kit is such a bargain for $130, surprising more guys arent using them.View attachment 358861

Yeah, that proprietary tube, spring, and buffer had me a little concerned at first, but that thing just runs. Never had a single FTF or FTE running it, and no noticeable difference in recoil. What more can you ask for?

I had one, and it was neat on a short gun, but I sold it a few years ago. Its like the Glock 43 to me, too big and too small at the same time. I need long length of pull to shoot comfortably, and if I need the rifle to be shorter I'm using a LAW folder or packing my MCX because 2 inches shorter isn't short enough.

That’s actually why I’m thinking of one of them with a law folder on a planned “PDW” gun. With the law folder, the stock will be about the length of the normal LWRC compact stock. I like some of the new fully collapsible AR stocks, but it worries me that I can’t shotgun the gun easily for malfunction clearing. Admittedly, it’s extremely rare to need that ability to shotgun.

That’s actually why I’m thinking of one of them with a law folder on a planned “PDW” gun. With the law folder, the stock will be about the length of the normal LWRC compact stock. I like some of the new fully collapsible AR stocks, but it worries me that I can’t shotgun the gun easily for malfunction clearing. Admittedly, it’s extremely rare to need that ability to shotgun.

If you are using the LAW folder, why not just use a regular stock? It kind of defeats the purpose of a fancy short stock IMO, giving you the worst of both worlds. At least with a normal stock you get full LOP with more adjust-ability as well as the ability to use the various carbine buffers and when it is folded it is the same OAL as it would be with the LWRC. In fact, the LAW folder made me want to experiment with the even longer A5 buffer system since it would be the same size when folded.

Are you planning to use an internally buffered upper so it can be fired folded?

If you are using the LAW folder, why not just use a regular stock? It kind of defeats the purpose of a fancy short stock IMO, giving you the worst of both worlds. At least with a normal stock you get full LOP with more adjust-ability as well as the ability to use the various carbine buffers and when it is folded it is the same OAL as it would be with the LWRC. In fact, the LAW folder made me want to experiment with the even longer A5 buffer system since it would be the same size when folded.

Yeah, good points for consideration. For the application I wouldn’t need a long length of pull. It would be fired almost 100% with a squared off stance and shots would be 200 yards and in (really probably 100 yards and in). With the law folder it would actually have more LOP than I’d need. The upside is that it would still be somewhat short if I left the stock unfolded when carried but foldable when necessary.

Are you planning to use an internally buffered upper so it can be fired folded?

For folding, it would be the law tactical folder. The Sig MCX uppers are too pricey In my opinion. For collapsing, it would be partially internally buffered. I’m still debating which route.

I thought that was called "mortaring."

I thought that was called "mortaring."

Depends on the malfunction. Mortaring works as a field expedient method to clear a failure to extract. Shotgunning is when you remove the rear takedown pin, and pivot the upper receiver on the front pin.

Though, I guess even normal BCGs prevent shotgunning the receivers if there’s a bolt override or other pain in the ass malfunction.

For folding, it would be the law tactical folder. The Sig MCX uppers are too pricey In my opinion. For collapsing, it would be partially internally buffered. I’m still debating which route.

I’m building one on the Brownell brn-180 internally buffered upper with a Law folder. I just need to finish this CZ Bren 2 build and the TAC-13 build. This shutdown has been costly!

I’m building one on the Brownell brn-180 internally buffered upper with a Law folder. I just need to finish this CZ Bren 2 build and the TAC-13 build. This shutdown has been costly!

Haha, so much to do(and buy) when there’s nowhere to go. The 180 looks cool. Just wish there were a few more barrel length options. In time I suppose.

Any reason for the law folder instead of 1913 adapter? Seems like a good chunk of weight and cost.

Haha, so much to do(and buy) when there’s nowhere to go. The 180 looks cool. Just wish there were a few more barrel length options. In time I suppose.

Any reason for the law folder instead of 1913 adapter? Seems like a good chunk of weight and cost.

I had not looked into the weight. The only reason I was considering a Law folder was because I have a complete minimalist stock and buffer assembly. I know the Sig stuff connects via the 1913 rail but are there a lot of options that use the 1913? Nothing wrong with the Sig stuff but the one I would want is discontinued and people are selling them for stupid money now.

I had not looked into the weight. The only reason I was considering a Law folder was because I have a complete minimalist stock and buffer assembly. I know the Sig stuff connects via the 1913 rail but are there a lot of options that use the 1913? Nothing wrong with the Sig stuff but the one I would want is discontinued and people are selling them for stupid money now.

The 1913 interface is kind of becoming the standard.

Depends on the malfunction. Mortaring works as a field expedient method to clear a failure to extract. Shotgunning is when you remove the rear takedown pin, and pivot the upper receiver on the front pin.

Though, I guess even normal BCGs prevent shotgunning the receivers if there’s a bolt override or other pain in the ass malfunction.
Ah. I thought that was just "breaking it open." Learned a new term today.

Yeah, good points for consideration. For the application I wouldn’t need a long length of pull. It would be fired almost 100% with a squared off stance and shots would be 200 yards and in (really probably 100 yards and in). With the law folder it would actually have more LOP than I’d need. The upside is that it would still be somewhat short if I left the stock unfolded when carried but foldable when necessary.
I shoot long guns the same way, squared off and a very short length of pull.
Even shooting prone with my body 45 degrees to the target, I still have one or two more notches on the Ultra compact stock to go before its fully extended. My AR with the LMT SOPMOD stock I shoot fully collapsed mostly.

My stamp was approved Friday so I finally assembled my CZ Bren 2Ms. I have added an HB Industries enhanced trigger, oversized safety selector and charging handle in the red colorway. An imported CZ Bren 2 stock that was quite the challenge to source And HB Industries extended hand guard. Finished off with a sweet red Lancer mag. I added a Rugged QD mount for now, if it’s not too gassy I may run a YHM Turbo suppressor. I’m going to run the irons for now and see if I like them.

97CCD256-B301-46F7-B8CE-3972E65A5EED.jpeg

Alright lets get this thread bumped with photos now that I got my first form 1 approved.
I went all in with this first tax stamp and bought a few SBR uppers [laugh]
The lower has a rise armament RA140 3.5# trigger. Sooo nice.

Nordic Components 9.25" 22lr upper sporting Primary Arms red dot.
63AC6B8B-3354-4410-964B-4C8DF1F1599C.jpeg

Foxtrot Mike 9mm side charging upper. 7 inch barrel plus 1.5" blast diffuser and PA red dot. Using Stern Defense mag adaptor. Just waiting on the Blitzkrieg hydraulic buffer for softer recoil.
079ACB4C-442D-4205-9920-590982DDA110.jpeg

And I wasn’t sure how I’d like a 10.5" 5.56 upper so I went cheap and got a Bear Creek Arsenal upper (only $230 including BCG). Threw on some BCM rail covers. PA red dot.
17D15CEA-661A-4A99-ACE1-07B2FF350032.jpeg

Group photo
48EA07DA-6F66-4F37-A717-B94EC16653B3.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom