• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NFA Items - Picture thread

I submitted my first form 1 on Friday and was reading (and drooling) through this thread while I wait.
But now I’m concerned mine will get rejected/held up since I left the “description” field blank? Many of the guides I read online said to leave it blank.
I’m SBRing a Nordic Components 9.25 22lr upper with a Anderson lower. The lower says AM-15 Multi Cal. Should I have included that info in the description?

I don’t leave the description field blank, I also can’t confirm its an issue if you do. The guide I always use says to enter a description. You can use ask the experts on the ATF website but know this may make it an issue and they will disapprove. You are so early in the process I would say use ask the experts, worst case they disapprove and you can apply again immediately. The sidebar at r/NFA has a how to file an eForm that is really good. The sidebar is a wealth of information.

Last edited:
You can ask them fix the mistake. I put the wrong address for the CLEO, they moved the police dept. ATF corrected it for me promptly. But this one might be significant enough to warrant a resubmit

Yes, I'd get that submission cancelled and start over. I have had the ATF request a photo of the lower, to verify the manufacturer, model, and SN. Obviously, your initial submission would not pass.

I submitted my first form 1 on Friday and was reading (and drooling) through this thread while I wait.
But now I’m concerned mine will get rejected/held up since I left the “description” field blank? Many of the guides I read online said to leave it blank.
I’m SBRing a Nordic Components 9.25 22lr upper with a Anderson lower. The lower says AM-15 Multi Cal. Should I have included that info in the description?
You will definitely not be approved due to the empty field. But you won’t be rejected. Just wait for communication on the netter and you will have to send back the form they will send you completed. You won’t lose your place in line.
Btw Why did you leave the field empty??

You will definitely not be approved due to the empty field. But you won’t be rejected. Just wait for communication on the netter and you will have to send back the form they will send you completed. You won’t lose your place in line.
Btw Why did you leave the field empty??
Many of the guides I read online said it’s not a critical field and many (including post 1,053 above) reported getting approved with nothing added to box 4h. But I also read that you should write your name, city and state in that box? Basically what’s going to be engraved should be what’s in box 4h.

Last edited:
Like so many other things ATF, it sounds like the answer is "it depends on the day".

Different examiners, different guidance from supervisors, or whether there's a full moon could all affect whether having 4H blank matters.

So I'm jumping into this NFA thing pretty soon, and I'm curious: most of y'all just print out and hand-jam the paperwork? Then send a copy to your CoP? Or do the cool kids do all this electronically? And if so, how? I can't seem to type into the fields in the downloaded Form 1

So I'm jumping into this NFA thing pretty soon, and I'm curious: most of y'all just print out and hand-jam the paperwork? Then send a copy to your CoP? Or do the cool kids do all this electronically? And if so, how? I can't seem to type into the fields in the downloaded Form 1

I assume you're talking about filing an ATF Form 1. The easiest and fastest way is to eFile the form. Timelines are 6-9 months (paper form) vs 20-30 days (eFile).

Either way, you'll need two copies of passport photos and fingerprint cards. You can do both the photos and fingerprint cards yourself, or you can have someone else do them for you.

At the time of submittal of the Form 1, either electronically or by paper, you'll send a "CLEO copy" to your CLEO, which is defined as: "The chief law enforcement officer is considered to be the Chief of Police; the Sheriff; the Head of the State Police, or a State or local district attorney or prosecutor." This is notification only, not approval. I send all mine to the Director of the State Police, who I'm sure looks at them, thinks "WTF" and shitcans them.

There's a complete guide for electronic filing here.

What mags do you run for the 22lr? I'm trying to find ones that feed reliably. Some of my BD mags hang up and don't feed.

Ditto on this question. It looks like the magazine for an M&P 15-22. Can you run those in a standard AR lower?

Ooh, maybe using one of these?

Back
Top Bottom