NFA Items - Picture thread

Beautiful. Why did you go Octane over any other SilencerCo model, like Osprey?

I got the Octane because it's a round suppressor not round-square shape.

I wanted to use it on my other guns with a 3 lug mount like this MP5K

And my pictures suck because I only have my phone to take pictures and it's a old P.O.S.

1533781736471_PART_1533781736360.jpg

Last edited:
Damn. Something is up. I've had A few submitted and approved since July of 2018.

The shutdown is affecting NFA processing. From the ASA (American Suppressor Association; industry trade group):

After speaking with sources in the administration, ASA can confirm that the NFA Division is not processing tax-paid transfers during the shutdown.

Unlike the actual approval/denial of NFA applications, tax payments for NFA transfers are processed directly by Bank of America. Because Bank of America employees do not work for the government, the $200 tax payments are still being processed as usual. After the checks are cashed, the forms are still being mailed to the NFA Division in Martinsburg, West Virginia. Under normal circumstances, this part of the process accounts for the first one to two weeks of the average NFA transfer. As a result of the shutdown, forms are stacking up as they are received by the NFA Division.

Realistically, consumers can expect to see a short term increase in transfer times while the backlog builds. However, NFA examiners and contractors are known to work extensive overtime, including holidays and weekends. We anticipate that they will look to make up for lost wages and time by working hard once government operations resume. An additional counterweight to the mounting backlog is the fact that ATF has previously assigned non-NFA staff to temporarily assist NFA in reducing past backlogs. ASA will encourage ATF to do the same this time.

I did more of a budget MOD 0 build. SBR Anderson lower, PSA upper etc. Also couldn’t see spending $250 for a used KAC handguard. Still love the look though.

Yeah, I'm not a clonefag, so I'm just going to use what I have and get the larger details right. I have a 10.5" PSA FN upper, that is close enough for a pretend gun. I happened to see KAC vert grips for $16 on Brownells last week, so I have one of those. I have a friend who said he found a bunch of kac rails, I'm hoping to work something out with him for one.

LMT rear sight, aimpoint's cheap pro, and the streamlight rifle light is close enough for me. This will be mostly a sentimental wall hanger, as I got to play with the mod 0's while in the Navy.

Last edited:
Very nice! That noob tube looks very clean, did you go the route of buying a 37mm and eForm 1'ing it to a 40mm? How does the 40mm tube mate up with a receiver made for a 37 if this is the route you took?

I purchased the Title 1 Receiver from 1 of the 3 dealers that sells them without a tube. This was before the Title 1 Receivers with the 37mm were available for sale to the public. It is my understanding the only difference is the tube itself. The actual receiver will accept with 37mm or 40mm. Before 37mm were widely available, people used to take 40mm tubes and custom weld a sleeve to make it a 37mm smooth bore so the firearm would no longer be classified as a DD.

That cost today for a Title 1 37mm is approx $2k + cost of replacement tube and stamp. I went with only the Title 1 receiver $1,400 + Tube $400 and Stamp $200. Approx the same amount if I were to buy it as a DD but without having to find a dealer that would transfer a DD (I think they can only do 2-3 a year) and wait 9+ months.

Back
Top Bottom