• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NFA Items - Picture thread

The 53 in .223/5.56 is very easy to shoot and control. It is only a tad larger than a MP-5 and packs so much more punch. I had sold this pre sample 53 five years ago to premier HK roller lock builder D.J. Getz and was fortunate enough to get it back again today. With all these transfers finally being approved lets see some pics guys!

I bought my MP-5 clone from Dave and was sad to hear he was closing his business. He was a great guy to deal with. Hope his health is improving.

Had to some some safe cleaning this weekend, so I thought I'd get a quick snap of my "Budget NFA" (.22LR) SBR's.

260vqk2.jpg

Fun, look great, and you can shoot them all day for a few bucks.

I saw that and they are transferred as pistols and thus not transferrable to Mass. If you could get someone to put a shoulder stock on it and register as SBR then you have a shot.

Just off the cuff I would doubt it makes weight as a pistol with all that wood and steel.

The AWB does not apply to that gun because it is not semiautomatic, so the weight is not an issue (also it doesn't accept detachable magazines, so it's doubly not covered by the AWB). The issue is that it's not on the EOPS "approved firearms" roster, so an FFL can't transfer it. If you can somehow obtain one (e.g. in a private sale from someone who purchased one while a resident of another state, then brought it with them to MA) then it is perfectly legal to possess.

The AWB does not apply to that gun because it is not semiautomatic, so the weight is not an issue (also it doesn't accept detachable magazines, so it's doubly not covered by the AWB). The issue is that it's not on the EOPS "approved firearms" roster, so an FFL can't transfer it. If you can somehow obtain one (e.g. in a private sale from someone who purchased one while a resident of another state, then brought it with them to MA) then it is perfectly legal to possess.

Good call (and another reason to post sober).

I like it. Details? How is the folding stock? Worth the trouble?
I haven't fired it yet, but fitting and testing is good, the folding stock is great, there is a little play, you'll see how fast in the video, alot easier when not leaning over a table, removable barrel is Dolos. Both features will cost $$.

Last edited:
So folding stocks are gtg if you SBR it? Does this mean I can have an adjustable stock on an SBR?

IMHO this depends on your risk tolerance level- most people fall into these two camps in MA:

People with intestinal fortitude / balls / brains in MA = Yes, everyday, all day long

Typical MA downtrodden, whining gun owner afraid of their own shadow, that has irrational nightmares about maura healy stalking them = no, don't bother, don't even think about it.

You kinda have to pick a side, or you will have to at one point or another.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom