NFA Fingerprint cards

I use one of those "inkless ink pads" that doesn't leave black residue on your hands. The prints come out much lighter than I thought they would, and I haven't had any problems across many fingerprint cards (mine, and others I "roll" them for).

I had rolled mine with an old fingerprint setup I kept in my office for work stuff but they were light so I ordered a fresh ink pad for a few bucks off amazon. While I was waiting for it I saw that a different model ink pad from the same company was selling a pad that was clearly marked BLACK (the other wasn't), so I ordered that one too and held off on sending the cards in. Long story short, both new pads resulted in prints that were nearly identical, darkness-wise, to the set I rolled on my old office ink pad. I sent them in and am still waiting to hear back, but it's good to hear that the inkless ones are cool.

Honestly I would just roll your own. It's much easier than you think. I have had my prints done by my local PD for a FL non-resident license and I was a little surprised how the prints looked a bit "messy" for lack of a better word, definitely some smudging. FL still accepted them without any issue, but I was worried the ATF might not. For my first Form 1 I wanted them to be as close to perfect as possible, so I just did my own. I practiced on two sheets, then rolled two and they came out nice and clear.
I ordered the ink today after not finding too many places that can do it around me. It was funny to watch a YouTube video and the guys basically say “as long as it’s not a big black blotch they don’t care”. Made me feel a little bit better about the whole process. Appreciate the response!

Back
Top Bottom