NFA Fingerprint cards

OK folks, I just rolled out 4 cards for @andrew1220 , it took about 5 minutes per card. If you are close to Hanscom, or want to make the trip, and think you might screw up your prints, PM me. I'm happy to do it, it just depends on my schedule at the office. Bring your own cards..
Ron is the man! He was a HUGE help in getting the fingerprint cards done and done properly. Thanks again!

I just got approval on an eForm 1 and my prints looked like Michael J Fox rolled them for me. I’m not sure what prints would have to look like to have them kicked back.
I was just paranoid since it’s my first time and I already F’d up the form 1. Didn’t want anymore delays [laugh]

I'm budgeting my Sten build and it's amazing how much I had no clue I'd need to spend.

A sling? A barrel? Sure, sure. I get that. But I didn't know until I did my homework that I'd need to buy fingerprint cards. I am, of course, planning to roll my own; state and fed governments both have my prints already. Any standard for the selfie you take in place of spending money on the passport photo?

I'm budgeting my Sten build and it's amazing how much I had no clue I'd need to spend.

A sling? A barrel? Sure, sure. I get that. But I didn't know until I did my homework that I'd need to buy fingerprint cards. I am, of course, planning to roll my own; state and fed governments both have my prints already. Any standard for the selfie you take in place of spending money on the passport photo?
I did a selfie.

You don't need to buy cards, the ATF will send you them for free. Hold on, I'll find the link I used

No I didn’t think so! It worked out perfectly as I had a site meeting in North Chelmsford soon afterwards.
I legit love fingerprinting. I don't get to do it very often anymore, as even our company went digital at the actual campus. It's kind of fun just doing it (yeah I'm weird).

My offer is open, bring your own cards....

There needs to be a calculator to determine wether to do your own print...

Each tax stamp costs $200.

How many stamps will you need in your whole life?

5?

That's $1000 in stamps.

If 5 sets of prints costs you more than $50, get your own kit.

If it costs less, pay the PoPo and be done with it.

Getting ready to send in a couple of apps. I had requested cards from ATF a while ago and then just kind of put the project on the back burner. Wanted to make sure the cards they sent were still valid. Thinking .gov likes to tweak forms every once in a while and didnt want to waste my time sending in outdated cards. Can anyone tell me if these are still ok? Thanks.
ETA - sorry for sideways pics

20200708_195725.jpg20200708_195714.jpg20200708_195705.jpg

I just some last last week for the ATF. The REV date is 5-15-17. The difference is see is where your card says FBI NO. FBI, the, mine says UNIVERSAL CONTROL NO. UCN. Probably better to get new cards, better safe than sorry.

There needs to be a calculator to determine wether to do your own print...

Each tax stamp costs $200.

How many stamps will you need in your whole life?

5?

That's $1000 in stamps.

If 5 sets of prints costs you more than $50, get your own kit.

If it costs less, pay the PoPo and be done with it.

Jesus, the logic is simple. If the PD will do it for free, let them do it. Otherwise spend $5 and get an ink pad. The cards are free from the ATF, and it costs you nothing to roll your own prints.

Good info here. thank you guys. just ordered a ton of cards from the ATF, looks like it’s FD-258LE now for NFA. my amazon order for ink pads is in. Have 4-5 Form 1’s I hope to submit before year end.

Feel like a moron over here. Submitted on Saturday 11/14 and started taking care of my prints during lunch time today. Guess I wasn’t paying much attention as I placed my left print on the right hand section. One card is GTG but the other is trashed which led to ordering a few more sets. Hopefully the cards show up before the 10 day mark or resubmitting is in my future.
Is the 10 day rule applicable to business days?
If the cards were shipped before the 10 day period would that pass?

Good info here. thank you guys. just ordered a ton of cards from the ATF, looks like it’s FD-258LE now for NFA. my amazon order for ink pads is in. Have 4-5 Form 1’s I hope to submit before year end.

Once I started rolling my own prints after I go it all set up, I could not stop.

I was getting better and better.

I was on a roll.

I must have made a dozen sets.

My back hurt from leaning over my table.

The toughest part for me is the single roll of either ring finger. The other fingers get in the way.

I learned from the police that you can put the 4 finger group print side ways if your fingers are too long.

I let them dry for a hour and filled out the data with my prints done by the police as a template.

I wish I would have done this in the past because it's cheaper and more convenient.

However, watching the police roll me a few times was educational.
Feel like a moron over here. Submitted on Saturday 11/14 and started taking care of my prints during lunch time today. Guess I wasn’t paying much attention as I placed my left print on the right hand section. One card is GTG but the other is trashed which led to ordering a few more sets. Hopefully the cards show up before the 10 day mark or resubmitting is in my future.
Is the 10 day rule applicable to business days?
If the cards were shipped before the 10 day period would that pass?

It took me about 10 days or longer just to get my pack of blank prints from the ATF mailing.

I suggest you post help to get a few cards from folks on NES just to be sure and then send overnight to the ATF after rolling.

It took me about 10 days or longer just to get my pack of blank prints from the ATF mailing.

I suggest you post help to get a few cards from folks on NES just to be sure and then send overnight to the ATF after rolling.
Good point Reptile.

Would anyone within the Central MA area have any extra cards laying around they could spare? Once my cards are delivered I can replenish your stock.

I went on the ATF website yesterday to order some fingerprint cards and unless I'm in the wrong place they limit the number of cards you can order to 2. I order 4 (the form doesn't default to 2) and I hope they send 4.

I just ordered 8 FD-258LE

Looks like I had initially ordered the incorrect cards. Ordered the right ones today. These are for an NFA item but are for my South Carolina CWP (like a Mass. LTC).
If it make you Mass. residents feel any better the estimated "processing time" for the permit is 60 - 90 days because "covid." They have 90 days by law to issue or deny.

Back
Top Bottom