• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NFA and AWB compliant???

rkwjunior

NES Member
Hello, I have a Pre-ban Colt Gov't model AR, I want to put on a 14" barrel upper with pinned FH to make it 16", am i walking a very fine line and opening myself up for legal problems???

Also, what are the disadvantages of having a pinned flashhider other than the fact i cant take it off???

Thanx

Hello, I have a Pre-ban Colt Gov't model AR, I want to put on a 14" barrel upper with pinned FH to make it 16", am i walking a very fine line and opening myself up for legal problems???

Also, what are the disadvantages of having a pinned flashhider other than the fact i cant take it off???

Thanx

You want the advantage of a short barrel for close quarters and are willing to sacrifice projectile velocity and essentially some effectiveness of the round. BUT you slap on a 2 inch FS so you lose any advantage of the short barrel and your still losing velocity. Why not just go with the 16?

You want the advantage of a short barrel for close quarters and are willing to sacrifice projectile velocity and essentially some effectiveness of the round. BUT you slap on a 2 inch FS so you lose any advantage of the short barrel and your still losing velocity. Why not just go with the 16?

Guessing, because 16 w/ a flash supressor is closer to 18 overall...

Why not just go with the 16?

Because some people think 16's look gay, particularly if their particular gun has a carbine length gas system on it.

It's still also 2" shorter than a 16" plus a flash hider/brake. It's the closest thing you can get to an SBR without paying for a tax stamp.

-Mike

Short barrels are loud and fun... Why would you need them? Why do you need anything? Lighten up Franci (plural of Francis).

I don't recall ever saying anything about need. I guess if you like the look...

Because some people think 16's look gay

anything less than 20" looks gay.... you're not clearing mud huts in Irakisghanistan....
put a 20" HBAR on the thing and hit what you aim at, if you want a short-assed rifle that's only useful for making load noises,
buy an AK.....

(i only have a 16" because no one carries 20" uppers anymore because too many modern warfare commandos want short little tiny gay baby rifles....)

Short barrels are loud and fun... Why would you need them? Why do you need anything? Lighten up Franci (plural of Francis).

anything less than 20" looks gay.... you're not clearing mud huts in Irakisghanistan....
put a 20" HBAR on the thing and hit what you aim at, if you want a short-assed rifle that's only useful for making load noises,
buy an AK.....

(i only have a 16" because no one carries 20" uppers anymore because too many modern warfare commandos want short little tiny gay baby rifles....)

And the correct answer is... get both. [smile]

Back
Top Bottom