• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Next Rifle: Tavor or Quality AR?

I'd buy a tavor now, since I have a few ARs.

I think a bad trigger is always forgivable on a bullpup, and the cool factor is there.

To the OP, I say you buy both!

Why do people say that. A bullpup does not have to have a bad trigger. Particularly in the case of the Tavor where the trigger actuates the action via a bar that is in tension rather than in compression.

Go look inside a Ruger MK II or III or a .22/45, it uses the same exact kind of link to connect the trigger to the sear.

You will all see then the Timney and Geissele come out. It will be as good as any AR trigger.

Is the Tavor more of a Macintosh or a Red Delicious? And where would it fall in the cheese spectrum?

Red delicious are the Olympic arms/.gov surplus cheese of the apple world.

A Tavor is not a red delicious. It's not a mac either. It could be a cortland (firm, tasty, versatile).

- - - Updated - - -

Spend $200 on a new trigger on a already overpriced-overhyped rifle. No, thanks. AR for me.

As opposed to the $200 a good trigger on an AR costs?

Shit, I've turn NES into eating healthy. Time to compare bacon and steak.

Sent from my Tinfoil hat

If I could afford it, having no experience with either platform, for a HD rifle I'm considering the Tavor. BUT it's going to take a while.

In the meantime, I could get a safe, basic M&P Sport and M&P 15-22 for 1/2 to 2/3 the cost of the Tavor.

I have plenty of time to take to save up, go and try to rent/borrow/shoot before I buy.

Tony P.

Nope. Not with new laws being rolled out of Bacon Hill.

Tony P.

It all depends like Tony says.

If any new laws don't expand the definition of an AW, then you will see them in MA. The gun is a natural. All that needs to be done to make the 16.5" version MA legal is to pin a brake onto the barrel.

The 18" version comes with an IDIOTIC bayonet lug. The Tavor is about the dumbest gun you could ever imagine putting a bayonet on because its so short and squat. There actually isn't anywhere to hold the Tavor to use it like a spear.

DSC_0058.jpg

Now this is a gun-spear, its about 3x as long as a tavor with a bayonet:
mn-with-bayonet.jpg

I think as a home defense gun, the Tavor is a natural. An 18 inch Tavor with a Noveske pig brake on it would be about as quiet as an unsuppressed gun could be made and would still be shorter than an SBR AR

Last edited:
The 18" version comes with an IDIOTIC bayonet lug. The Tavor is about the dumbest gun you could ever imagine putting a bayonet on because its so short and squat. There actually isn't anywhere to hold the Tavor to use it like a spear.

My understanding is that it's pretty easy to remove the bayonet lug. Just drive out the pin and slide the piece off the front of the barrel.

Also, in Tavor trigger news: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/01/30/hands-on-3-tavor-triggers-shot-show-2014/

Back
Top Bottom