Next MA approved firearms roster for us peasants?

I think you're not entirely wrong though, I think there is some other citation in MGL that actually talks about the AFR.

Not that it matters, though, I mean what is the punishment for the state if they don't obey the law? It's not like someone gets arrested for not doing it the right way.

-Mike

The large cap roster has been modified probably less than 5 times since 1998. Boston Glob (spelling intentional) is one of the "newspapers of record" and charges EOPS full boat (IIRC it was ~$8K) to publish the roster of EOPS Approved Handguns. So it would be beyond stupid to publish the totally irrelevant large cap roster more often than when it was revised, regardless of the law.

As for the EOPS Approved Handgun roster, that does get updated usually quarterly and IIRC the law calls for publication quarterly.

In any event, it is ONLY useful to MA Dealers in telling them what handguns they MIGHT be able to legally transfer. Since the AG releases NO LIST (yes the AG's CMR claims that they must but they never have and never will), even for dealers the EOPS List is of very questionable value.

Not everyone on here knows how or where we can get a pistol that is not on the list.
We all know the list is B.S. But we are stuck with it and almost all dealers will not sell pistols not on the list. It totally sucks how one gun is on the list and another one with different sights or a different color is not on the list. I hate Massachusetts!

The large cap roster has been modified probably less than 5 times since 1998. Boston Glob (spelling intentional) is one of the "newspapers of record" and charges EOPS full boat (IIRC it was ~$8K) to publish the roster of EOPS Approved Handguns. So it would be beyond stupid to publish the totally irrelevant large cap roster more often than when it was revised, regardless of the law.

As for the EOPS Approved Handgun roster, that does get updated usually quarterly and IIRC the law calls for publication quarterly.

In any event, it is ONLY useful to MA Dealers in telling them what handguns they MIGHT be able to legally transfer. Since the AG releases NO LIST (yes the AG's CMR claims that they must but they never have and never will), even for dealers the EOPS List is of very questionable value.

Exactly!

Meh, I use the list to help me determine the amount of work or distance I will have to travel to obtain what I want. The drive could be 5 minutes if it is on it, the drive is over an hour and a half if it is not.

For a G20, not worth it....for a Nighthawk Bob Marvel custom....worth it.

I see new additions are highlighted in yellow, but the pessimist in me is wondering if any eagle eyed reviewers have noticed any that were on the previous version, but are no longer?

I see new additions are highlighted in yellow, but the pessimist in me is wondering if any eagle eyed reviewers have noticed any that were on the previous version, but are no longer?
Guns are never removed unless a manufacturer asks.

the fact is, because questions get asked so frequently about "the list" means that it is doing the job the state intended.... to deter us from getting firearms or firearms we want, cause confusion, and
create scare tactics for both the dealers and the law abiding citizens!!

Back
Top Bottom